2021 Squeaking noise at idle and High pitch noise

AnthemMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Anyone else have a high pitch squeak/tapping upon startup in park? Then when in park of you lightly tap the gas pedal it has a squeeking noise from the driver side. It also does it when in gear and on light acceleration. If you step on the gas from stop it's not noticable.

When I get back in town I will try to get a video to post it. Anyone else had issues with the 2.7?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Anyone else have a high pitch squeak/tapping upon startup in park? Then when in park of you lightly tap the gas pedal it has a squeeking noise from the driver side. It also does it when in gear and on light acceleration. If you step on the gas from stop it's not noticable.

When I get back in town I will try to get a video to post it. Anyone else had issues with the 2.7?

Taking to the dealer soon. But based on prior experiences with Ford mechanics I'm expecting the "Normal Characteristic" response from them as that's what they always say and can't ever diagnose problems these days.
Hi there. Can you send us a DM with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into this for you.

ks54703

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22,XLT,302a,2.7EB,19Escape,87 GLHS 79 Magnun GT
Occupation
Retired IBEW Local 14 inside wireman
Was looking at a 2.7 with my spouse and she could hear something like that to the point she stated if you by it she would not ride in it. Spouse went right to the passenger side front wheel well and point coming from right in there. Dealer then started other 2.7 vehicles for her to listen too and the noise was unique to that vehicle. They pulled it off the lot and ran it into the service department and never heard the outcome.

Purchased another 2.7 and no complaints of that noise.

Now driving a 22 2.7 and no noise as the spouse would let me know of any noises.

OP
OP
AnthemMike

AnthemMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Well I was finally able to get an appointment at the Ford dealer for a laundry list of items to be fixed. It's going in early August while I'm out of town for 3 weeks for the high pitch squealing under light acceleration. Will let everyone know what they say it is.

Last edited:
OP
OP
AnthemMike

AnthemMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
UPDATE:

High pitch noise under light acceleration was bad driverside wastegate. Replaced under warranty.

Last edited:

Sponsored

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
Hearing a noise and it might be this issue.
The above video doesn't work.

I'm hearing a noise low speed rolling off park. I thought it was just weirdly noisy turbo sound but I wouldn't expect that at a little over idle.

Can't really hear it well with windows up, but definitely hear it with window down.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Hearing a noise and it might be this issue.
The above video doesn't work.

I'm hearing a noise low speed rolling off park. I thought it was just weirdly noisy turbo sound but I wouldn't expect that at a little over idle.

Can't really hear it well with windows up, but definitely hear it with window down.
Good morning! Could you privately message us with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer so I can look into this noise concern for you? Thank you!

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
Still having the annoying noise. How would I know it's a wastegate issue?
I'd prefer to know that's the issue before going to dealer to be told it's normal. 🤦‍♂️
Never had any issues with my old 3.5 turbos.
Sponsored