Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
Admin
Reported by our friends at TFLTruck

A closer inspection of the 2021 Ford towing guide (page 3) shows an update that lists the new 2021 Ford Raptor engine output. Did Ford publish the latest specs? Let’s dig deeper.

The new 2021 Ford F-150 Raptor 3.5-liter twin-turbo H.O. EcoBoost V6 has this rating according to this official document that is dated as of May 19th, 2021. While the towing document does not specify this, this maximum power rating is usually listed when using premium octane fuel.

2021 Ford Raptor output:
  • Power: 450 hp @ 5,850 rpm
  • Torque: 510 lb-ft @ 3,000 rpm

While the numbers are the same as they were for the previous generation of the Raptor, there is more to it than that. The new engine appears to be tuned about slightly differently. This version appears to have more low-end torque, and higher-rpm peak power.

Ford F-150 2021 Raptor's 450 HP / 510 LB-FT Torque specs possibly leaked in towing guide rd-raptor-f150-power-torque-output-rating-1024x484

Screenshot from the 2021 Ford RV & Towing guide.

As was previously announced, the new Raptor will use the latest version of Ford’s 10-speed automatic transmission as well. When the 3rd-generation truck made its world debut, Ford said that the truck’s new coil-spring rear suspension system will be more effective at putting the engine’s power down to the pavement or to the dirt. However, Ford has not made any statements about how quick this new truck will be. There are no official 0-60 MPH acceleration estimates as of now.

The previous version of the 3.5-liter High Output EcoBoost V6 engine was rated at 450 hp @ 5,000 rpm and 510 lb-ft of torque @ 3,500 rpm. This latest version of the engine puts down maximum torque a bit sooner (at 3,000 rpm). However, the maximum horsepower comes in higher in the rpm range. The max power output is listed at 5,850 rpm in the newest engine.
Sponsored

Squatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Reef flip flops
I wonder how the seat-of-the-pants or butt-dyno registers this change; better off-road or on?

xtraman122

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 302A PB
The numbers for the regular 3.5 EB seem off, Ford lists it as 510lbft of torque everywhere else, but this says only 500. Seems weird they wouldn't have somehow tuned the Raptor for slightly more torque than the regular 3.5. You'd really think they'd up their game given the PowerBoost being out there now. You sell a hybrid with only 20hp less and 60lbft MORE torque than your performance truck, just seems like they would have tuned the heck out of the Raptor's engine to get those specs a little better or something.

Raptor runner

First Name
Geoffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat Sport
Now I'm really debating between the tremor and raptor. I know the Raptor has more performance capabilities but the tremor is far cheaper, has similar characteristics and close to the same power.

GABAR

First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150
Interesting and very surprising that the HP and TQ numbers aren’t higher.

But, who knows if these are the final specs and if they are, and in my opinion, the Tremor will be the better value.

Sponsored

Warthog

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Ford Raptor, 1998 Silverado
Occupation
Sales
I find it a little "FISHY" on this. Ford is too smart for this and I'm guessing those numbers are wrong/arbitrary.

My guess is Ford has not "OFFICIALLY" released the power numbers so this publication placed in the 2020 MY numbers as a "FILLER". I'm guessing we'll see the REAL numbers soon enough.

Just my 2¢...

jafo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Star white
maybe these numbers are lower because the Raptor R is coming?

xtraman122

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 302A PB
maybe these numbers are lower because the Raptor R is coming?
I’d agree if the R were going to have some version of the 3.5, but I think that’s bound to have have a supercharged V8 to be able to compete with the obvious adversary in the TRX. So they might as well place the Raptor’s EcoBoost somewhere reasonably ahead of the regular 3.5, especially to justify the cost increase over the new Tremor.

One thing I just thought of though, didn’t the Limited trim in recent years have a H.O. version of the 3.5 that matched the specs of the Raptor? Meaning doesn’t the 2021 Limited actually make less power than the 2020? How did they get away with that? If I'm reading right they actually dropped the power of the Limited's 3.5 from 450hp to 400hp (The same as any other trim with the 3.5) which would drive me crazy if I were spending all that money on a Limited.

Last edited:

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
I was hoping the High Output EcoBoost in Raptor form would put out about these numbers. That way I won’t have regretted grabbing my Lariat instead of waiting for the Raptor!

50 more horsepower, same amount of torque in my current and lovely 3.5 liter twin-turbo V6 EcoBoost!!

Ford F-150 2021 Raptor's 450 HP / 510 LB-FT Torque specs possibly leaked in towing guide EE49DE22-24C6-4F23-8BF3-E6B421BA8858

Jrohner78

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 xlt fx4
If this is right the Raptor guys are going to be avoiding the Gen 3. A lot are already PO'd about the price increase that they are saying they need a good power bump to feel its worth it.

Sponsored

trekkar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
outback,ram
If this is right the Raptor guys are going to be avoiding the Gen 3. A lot are already PO'd about the price increase that they are saying they need a good power bump to feel its worth it.
I have not looked at what comes in the base truck for the 10k increase but I'm sure it isn't worth it to me. A base 2020 crewcab was 55k now it's 65k thats to close to the base TRX 72k. IMHO ford screwed this up

Jrohner78

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 xlt fx4
I have not looked at what comes in the base truck for the 10k increase but I'm sure it isn't worth it to me. A base 2020 crewcab was 55k now it's 65k thats to close to the base TRX 72k. IMHO ford screwed this up

The base Raptor as we knew in 2019 is gone now. The supercab Raptor is dead, and you can't really get a stripped down Raptor anymore. Sure the suspension upgrades are there but lots of the hardcore guys that actually used their Raptor just had their ideal truck taken from them.

And yes I agree Ford screwed this up...they seem to be excelling lately at that...

G-Train

First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bullitt Mustang
Reported by our friends at TFLTruck

A closer inspection of the 2021 Ford towing guide (page 3) shows an update that lists the new 2021 Ford Raptor engine output. Did Ford publish the latest specs? Let’s dig deeper.

The new 2021 Ford F-150 Raptor 3.5-liter twin-turbo H.O. EcoBoost V6 has this rating according to this official document that is dated as of May 19th, 2021. While the towing document does not specify this, this maximum power rating is usually listed when using premium octane fuel.

2021 Ford Raptor output:
  • Power: 450 hp @ 5,850 rpm
  • Torque: 510 lb-ft @ 3,000 rpm

While the numbers are the same as they were for the previous generation of the Raptor, there is more to it than that. The new engine appears to be tuned about slightly differently. This version appears to have more low-end torque, and higher-rpm peak power.

rd-raptor-f150-power-torque-output-rating-1024x484.png

Screenshot from the 2021 Ford RV & Towing guide.

As was previously announced, the new Raptor will use the latest version of Ford’s 10-speed automatic transmission as well. When the 3rd-generation truck made its world debut, Ford said that the truck’s new coil-spring rear suspension system will be more effective at putting the engine’s power down to the pavement or to the dirt. However, Ford has not made any statements about how quick this new truck will be. There are no official 0-60 MPH acceleration estimates as of now.

The previous version of the 3.5-liter High Output EcoBoost V6 engine was rated at 450 hp @ 5,000 rpm and 510 lb-ft of torque @ 3,500 rpm. This latest version of the engine puts down maximum torque a bit sooner (at 3,000 rpm). However, the maximum horsepower comes in higher in the rpm range. The max power output is listed at 5,850 rpm in the newest engine.

Ok, this is fine keep the power the same. Why oh Why would you not just say that in March. You hang on to this lame information and turns out it is the same thing. Ford botched this badly, the Raptor fizzled in and is behind the buzz for the Lightning and the Maverick.

this is silly, just say, hey we tweaked the numbers and the power is delivered earlier in the power band. now we look at it and think, meh, this is weak sauce .

futuretrunks

First Name
Jewelrean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
honda accord ‘18 ford bronco ‘21
Occupation
manager
No it’s not worth it. The standard supercrew and leather is very nice but does that come out to 10k??? A new exhaust that sounds cool but no extra power…?

GABAR

First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150
Sure, it might be a year or two down the road but I suspect a Raptor specific high output hybrid will be the top engine and I can see the non Hybrid 3.5 going away in the Raptor.

The Hybrid 3.5 already outperforms the the regular 3.5 EB.
Sponsored