2021 Raptor First Impressions? [Tech Specs Attached]

LIVRaptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Explorer, escape
Occupation
Engineer
I ordered an AMB Platinum PowerBoost and was nervous I would want a Raptor and be disappointed, however - I'm happy with my First Choice.

Impressions:
- No PowerBoost option yet (Front engine 3.5L EcoBoost V6, 10R80 Transmission, 2-Speed Torque-On-Demand®4x4 with
Mechanical Lock, and Electronic-Locking Rear Differential with 4.10 rear-axle)
- No max Recline
- No 7.2KW
- Really cool body features (as expected)
- Summer availability might = Sept-November delivery (and hopefully no delays)
- Shocks look awesome!
-I'm hoping I can send my Platinum to PaxPower or something and add shocks, fenders, bumpers (I think Active Assist 360 prep package capable??)

What are your first impressions?

Details here : https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/news/2021/02/03/2021-ford-f-150-raptor.html
Sponsored

Attachments

Jim Bandy

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited 4x4 Powerboost (Hybrid)
Occupation
Retired
I like the music in the debut video but was not overly impressed with the entire video. Raptor runnning in the sand is not impressive.

Aurik

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Chevy Equinox, 2017 GMC Acadia
Occupation
Software Engineer
With the Metallica soundtrack on the teasers, I was frankly looking for more on the reveal. After watching the Ford video, I hopped over to TFL's breakdown of it, and it looks like an incremental improvement over the Gen 2. Nice, but if I had a Gen 2, I don't think I'd rush out to replace it with the Gen 3.

Of course, I'm holding out for next year's Raptor R (assuming they don't change the name). I've already got my name on my dealer's waitlist for an order.

targas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 F250
Other than the lack of Powerboost or V8, I think the factory 37's, 5-link, and updated shocks are intriguing. Also added the 12". Also the small generator is a bonus.

I'm not sure how I feel about the Recaro seats though, I don't have experience with these.

Sponsored

futuretrunks

First Name
Jewelrean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
honda accord ‘18 ford bronco ‘21
Occupation
manager
I thought it did have max recline

targas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 F250
If you get the 37's, it looks like they force the Recaro seats on you, which loses the max recline.

If you don't get the 37 package, I don't see why that option would go away?

Hugo

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 SC Lariat 3.5 EB FX4 Carbonized Grey
Occupation
Law Enforcement
They dropped the ball. Everyone was willing to throw big bucks at them for a true TRX killer and like someone else mentioned they just released an incremental upgrade. It just proves that Ford was caught with their pants down when the TRX was released. Then to announce the Raptor R is waiting was kind of a slap in the face to the Raptor. Most Raptor potential buyers I feel will wait just to see what's offered with the R.
Sponsored