2021 Platinum CarPlay causing glitching

MattOwen1

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
So I bought a 2021 F-150 Platinum about 2 weeks ago and while using the wireless CarPlay to play music sometimes the truck will just glitch out and seemingly freeze up for a second. I haven't found a way to reproduce the glitch consistently, but it happens mostly when driving around for a little bit and then switching to reverse (what I did in the video below). It only glitches out like this with CarPlay. If I'm just listening to the radio, with CarPlay still connected just no music playing, it doesn't glitch out.

The dealership has told me to do the following (none of which worked):
* Check for updates on the truck and on my phone
* Hard reset the truck by removing the neutral connection on the battery

Only thing I can think of is possibly a low battery or some software issue. Thoughts?

Video of issue:
Sponsored

SWFLGuy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat
The same happens to me, hard to tell when exactly but seems to happen with movement of the shifter

RLTW175

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 SCrew, STX 5.0
Occupation
Fire Starter/Meat Burner turned Sales Guy (but I still light fires)
I have occasional issues with my Sync4 where it either doesn't come on (screen is backlit but nothing displays), or where the reverse camera will lock-up the screen even after being put into drive. Usually both of these issues are remedied by turning off the truck and removing key, opening drivers door, then restarting the truck.

Its an annoyance, but not enough of a pain point for me to take it back to the dealership

redline

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150, BMW X5, BMW M3,
Occupation
Sales
What is is sync version? i had some issues with earlier versions and then when i got to the version 4.x.x it was good and now that i am on 6.2.0 i am starting to have issues again...

OP
OP
MattOwen1

MattOwen1

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
What is is sync version? i had some issues with earlier versions and then when i got to the version 4.x.x it was good and now that i am on 6.2.0 i am starting to have issues again...
How do I check what sync version I have?

Sponsored

My 2ND Ford

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f-150 Platinum, 2014 BMW R1200RT
Occupation
Retired
I find that I have the most problems with CarPlay when it is using Bluetooth. If I plug my phone in, works like a charm.

OP
OP
MattOwen1

MattOwen1

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
I have occasional issues with my Sync4 where it either doesn't come on (screen is backlit but nothing displays), or where the reverse camera will lock-up the screen even after being put into drive. Usually both of these issues are remedied by turning off the truck and removing key, opening drivers door, then restarting the truck.

Its an annoyance, but not enough of a pain point for me to take it back to the dealership
It's not a huge issue to me but it would be nice to find a fix

Tremoring4fun

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Tremor
Occupation
Sales
To piggyback on this subject, I have also had times where music will only come out of the passenger speakers until I turn the stereo or the truck off. Once I turn it back on all the speakers work again. Definitely feel like it has something to do with Carplay.

Eskram

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat PB 502a
To piggyback on this subject, I have also had times where music will only come out of the passenger speakers until I turn the stereo or the truck off. Once I turn it back on all the speakers work again. Definitely feel like it has something to do with Carplay.
Now that you mention it, that happened to me once several months ago. It has not occurred again though.

I also tend to run iOS dev builds on my devices, so I chalked it up to something related at the time.

RLTW175

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 SCrew, STX 5.0
Occupation
Fire Starter/Meat Burner turned Sales Guy (but I still light fires)
It's not a huge issue to me but it would be nice to find a fix
Agreed. For the money these trucks cost you'd think we wouldn't have to deal with these annoyances

Sponsored

JExpedition07

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 STX 5.0L V8
Happens to me all the time, I tune the Bluetooth off on my phone and turn truck off/open door and go back to regular sync for the rest of the drive

redline

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150, BMW X5, BMW M3,
Occupation
Sales
How do I check what sync version I have?
it is in the setting screen … I can’t remember the exact menu, but check the ota section there are threads on it

OP
OP
MattOwen1

MattOwen1

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
it is in the setting screen … I can’t remember the exact menu, but check the ota section there are threads on it
SYNC 4, Software Version: 23159_PRODUCT
Revision: 915

That is all I could find regarding the Sync version.

Aim64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Limited Ordered 2021 F150 Platinum
Occupation
Scrap Metal Industry
So I bought a 2021 F-150 Platinum about 2 weeks ago and while using the wireless CarPlay to play music sometimes the truck will just glitch out and seemingly freeze up for a second. I haven't found a way to reproduce the glitch consistently, but it happens mostly when driving around for a little bit and then switching to reverse (what I did in the video below). It only glitches out like this with CarPlay. If I'm just listening to the radio, with CarPlay still connected just no music playing, it doesn't glitch out.

The dealership has told me to do the following (none of which worked):
* Check for updates on the truck and on my phone
* Hard reset the truck by removing the neutral connection on the battery

Only thing I can think of is possibly a low battery or some software issue. Thoughts?

Video of issue:
I had a similar issue , and at times I use the. Cord w no issues I still use the CarPlay wirelessly too. Your sync 4 software may need an update
Sponsored