First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Corporate shill
I've a 2021 Lariat PB on order. It's basically loaded with one exception - the lockable under-seat storage. To be honest, I haven't looked at what a Lariat PB has under the rear seats (my local dealership only has XLT PB's if any at all) - In my 2018, there's a narrow channel that is very useful for storing smaller items (hence skipping the lockable option in favor of a flat deck). But a recent google search had me a little concerned - is that space on a PB now occupied by PB equipment as shown in this picture?
Ford F-150 2021 PB Underseat storage A51FC27B-77B1-4E56-8AB4-1DF9302C65F1
Sponsored

SuperClyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ram 1500 TRX Sandblast Edition
I've a 2021 Lariat PB on order. It's basically loaded with one exception - the lockable under-seat storage. To be honest, I haven't looked at what a Lariat PB has under the rear seats (my local dealership only has XLT PB's if any at all) - In my 2018, there's a narrow channel that is very useful for storing smaller items (hence skipping the lockable option in favor of a flat deck). But a recent google search had me a little concerned - is that space on a PB now occupied by PB equipment as shown in this picture?
A51FC27B-77B1-4E56-8AB4-1DF9302C65F1.jpeg
That looks like a non-PB with 2k ProPower. My Lariat PB has the narrow channel that you speak of in addition to the lockable storage option that came with mine.

Bravo36

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 King Ranch FX 4
Occupation
Retired Fed LEO, Current Federal Contractor

85Mustangman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Supercab/ 6.5 box, 2.7, 302A, Antimatter
Occupation
Retired
A51FC27B-77B1-4E56-8AB4-1DF9302C65F1.jpeg
not sure what "PB" is ?? (I may be extra dumb this morning!).
Anyway I think what you are looking at is the inverter module for the larger 2kW 120VAC Pro power option... which precludes the under seat storage in the rear.

OP
OP
Tecdiver

Tecdiver

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Corporate shill
not sure what "PB" is ?? (I may be extra dumb this morning!).
Anyway I think what you are looking at is the inverter module for the larger 2kW 120VAC Pro power option... which precludes the under seat storage in the rear.
PB = Powerboost. So you might be confirming my fear...... Looks like I'll need to start searching for an aftermarket solution.

Sponsored

clayjoe

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT PowerBoost Antimatter Blue two-tone
Occupation
Teacher
If you have the PB engine, it has the storage. If you do not have PB engine and have the Propower 2k upgrade you do not have the storage.

I have the PB engine with 7.2k upgrade and have the storage you speak of.

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch (600a) PB FX4
Occupation
Sales Manager
Here is the back of my KR PB - it has a small storage area on the 60% side. I did not buy the lockable storage option. Sounds like you lose this space if non-PB with Pro Power option.

Ford F-150 2021 PB Underseat storage IMG_1947

Bravo36

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 King Ranch FX 4
Occupation
Retired Fed LEO, Current Federal Contractor
Correct Trigger. That is where the inverter sits. Zero rear storage.

OP
OP
Tecdiver

Tecdiver

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Corporate shill
Here is the back of my KR PB - it has a small storage area on the 60% side. I did not buy the lockable storage option. Sounds like you lose this space if non-PB with Pro Power option.

IMG_1947.jpg
Whew! That's a big relief. Actually I didn't realize you could get pro power as a standalone option without the PB upgrade. Learn something new everyday! I'm glad I get to keep this little bit of storage. It's tremendously convenient.

John_C

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302A PowerBoost
Whew! That's a big relief. Actually I didn't realize you could get pro power as a standalone option without the PB upgrade. Learn something new everyday! I'm glad I get to keep this little bit of storage. It's tremendously convenient.
You can get pro power on non powerboost models, but only 2,000 watts. The 2.4 and 7.2kWh pro power is only available on powerboost models

Sponsored

JohngaltinOC

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 lariat EB
Occupation
Finance
It not tremendously voluminous either tho! (But I would take it! Don't have even that on mine.) it's ironic that we buy these huge trucks, and wind up not having anywhere to put our stuff! Without some kind of aftermarket and space hogging thing in the back anyway....

OP
OP
Tecdiver

Tecdiver

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Corporate shill
You can get pro power on non powerboost models, but only 2,000 watts. The 2.4 and 7.2kWh pro power is only available on powerboost models
Thanks John. I wasn't aware of that. And I'm pretty sure my dealer wasn't aware of that either when I placed my order in January!

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB

IMG_1947.jpg
yeah, I think I'm going to go this route as well on my XLT PB build - No storage box. That way I'll have the most complete flat floor space for nice weather mats, dog crates and/or beds, or other large objects. Thanks for sharing!
Sponsored