First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum PowerBoost FX-4 6½
Occupation
Software Algorithms
I just got a 21 Limited with CCD front suspension. I called Ford Motorsport Tech support about leveling kit M 3000 HA fitment on my truck. They said that that kit does not fit but they are working on a kit for the 21 truck with no dates available. I called Ford about the lowering kit because I had already called Readylift about the availability of their 2 inch lift kit for 21 trucks with CCD front suspension. They said they are working on one. No availability date estimate available. Does anyone out there have any better info? My first post. Nice forum.
Please elaborate on "front" when describing CCD. From what little I've seen published this is front and rear electronic dampers, requiring Max Tow package and not compatible with FX-4 (and therefore, as others note, not available with underbody plates.) Since CCD and Scales go together, presumably there's some suspension height sensor on the rear axle. I wonder if the CCD is only on the front axle dampers (which would be an odd arrangement because the harsh ride in a pickup is the rear suspension…)
Ford F-150 2021 leveling info with CCD suspension. 1632631655743
Sponsored

JHawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion 2012 & 2010
Please elaborate on "front" when describing CCD. From what little I've seen published this is front and rear electronic dampers, requiring Max Tow package and not compatible with FX-4 (and therefore, as others note, not available with underbody plates.) Since CCD and Scales go together, presumably there's some suspension height sensor on the rear axle. I wonder if the CCD is only on the front axle dampers (which would be an odd arrangement because the harsh ride in a pickup is the rear suspension…)
1632631655743.png
Thank you, I am assuming that if it is not available on FX-4 is not on the Tremor as well?
One less thing to worry about when changing suspension components.

F-150 Prius

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Algorithms
Thank you, I am assuming that if it is not available on FX-4 is not on the Tremor as well?
One less thing to worry about when changing suspension components.
CCD is under "Exterior" options and I don't see it listed on the configurator for the Tremor.
If you go to ford.com to the "build" page, there's a "Compare" button that lists a lot of the standard and optional equipment, but doesn't include things like CCD.
https://shop.ford.com/build/f150/?g...|2021|1|1.|400A.W1E.....TRE.CCAB.RETAIL.SS5.]
As for the Tremor, I find it a mixed bag … upgraded front suspension arms and knuckles, optional Torsen off the Raptor, but it lacks the things I think off-roaders would want (diesel for off-road control and range, or v8 for fun and sound and "fix it with fence wire" simplicity, or hybrid for camping/overlanding.)
Hopefully when I'm ready to trade the Hybrid they'll have all the stuff they've brought with the Bronco (e.g. lockers, on-the-fly detachable sways) and be competitive with RAM on things like air suspension. I wonder if they'll make an ICE F-150 with independent rear suspension … seems like a no-brainer now the Lightning has it and still tows 12K.

JHawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion 2012 & 2010
Thanks, Odd that I never notice the compare button. It will be nice when things start to get back to normal production wise.

chill_will

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Powerboost F150 Platinum 4x4
Occupation
Engineer
Just got off phone with readylift and they confirmed the 2” does not work but they did say that the 3.5” SST kit DOES work. The control arms have built in brackets for the various sensors. I’m planning to go with that and don’t mind paying more for it. Plus the added height is gonna be nice!

Sponsored

F-150 Prius

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Algorithms
Just got off phone with readylift and they confirmed the 2” does not work but they did say that the 3.5” SST kit DOES work. The control arms have built in brackets for the various sensors. I’m planning to go with that and don’t mind paying more for it. Plus the added height is gonna be nice!
A 3½" kit seems like a good solution without being a "lifted" suspension (with handling and drivetrain issues.)
I'd ask them to agree to a "if it turns out it doesn't work, we'll take it off, no cost" just in case.
Before changing anything, I'd want to document that the CCD and scales work and are calibrated (e.g. take some "before" pics of tongue weight with a known trailer and put that trailer tongue on normal tongue scales to get a reference.)

Fraction SymbolFraction NameHex
½

chill_will

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
A 3½" kit seems like a good solution without being a "lifted" suspension (with handling and drivetrain issues.)
I'd ask them to agree to a "if it turns out it doesn't work, we'll take it off, no cost" just in case.
Before changing anything, I'd want to document that the CCD and scales work and are calibrated (e.g. take some "before" pics of tongue weight with a known trailer and put that trailer tongue on normal tongue scales to get a reference.)

Fraction SymbolFraction NameHex
½
Those are some good tips. I’ll be sure to follow up once it’s complete!

Golf17

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Tremmaaahhh
Occupation
Pilot
Any luck here guys? Talked to some one at ready lift today who said the 2in level would be compatible with the ccd. Seems to be mixed answers floating around.

chill_will

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Any luck here guys? Talked to some one at ready lift today who said the 2in level would be compatible with the ccd. Seems to be mixed answers floating around.
Like I said above, I’m planning to do the 3.5” SST kit. The readylift site AND technical support staff confirm CCD compatibility. My local shop said their warehouse should start sending them out in a couple weeks and my truck is in transit to be delivered later this month.

I’ll report back once I try it out.

OP
OP

Brad Black

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F 150 Limited
Occupation
Retired
Update: ReadyLift ( Devin Watkins ) said that at this time they do not have a kit for Trucks with CCD suspension. They do not have a vehicle for testing. Estimated 4-6 months. As of today.

Sponsored

chill_will

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Update: ReadyLift ( Devin Watkins ) said that at this time they do not have a kit for Trucks with CCD suspension. They do not have a vehicle for testing. Estimated 4-6 months. As of today.
Devin is the same guy that told me the 2” leveling kit was compatible despite the site clearly stating it was not. Over the phone technical support confirmed the 3.5” kit works since it includes the CCD brackets on the upper control arms. The site still shows the 3.5” is compatible.

OP
OP

Brad Black

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F 150 Limited
Occupation
Retired
I only can tell you what he said. Ford Motorsport's leveling kit is not ready yet. M-3000-HA does not work but Ford is close to releasing a new kit, according to them, as of yesterday.

chill_will

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
My readylift certified shop contacted readylift today and they discovered recently that the CCD sensors do not need to be repositioned with the 2” spacer kit so it is indeed compatible. I’m booked to get it installed November 1st and will let y’all know how it goes!

chill_will

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
My readylift certified shop contacted readylift today and they discovered recently that the CCD sensors do not need to be repositioned with the 2” spacer kit so it is indeed compatible. I’m booked to get it installed November 1st and will let y’all know how it goes!
After receiving my truck, this CCD is so nice I just can’t bring myself to do the SST kit and add a preload spacer/move sensors around and risk the CV.

OP
OP

Brad Black

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F 150 Limited
Occupation
Retired
After receiving my truck, this CCD is so nice I just can’t bring myself to do the SST kit and add a preload spacer/move sensors around and risk the CV.
Please please please let’s us know how your 2 inch install goes.
Sponsored