Sponsored

2021 LED lumens vs 2020 LED lumens output from LED headlights?

SumGuy

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 (perpetually on order)
Occupation
Drugs
Does anyone have any data on the light output from the new LEDs? On the prior f150s even the LED headlights were pretty dim. Has Ford increased the light output in the new LED headlights?

this is in reference to the led projectors on various trims like the 502A high.
Sponsored

mnstang

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB Leadfoot
Occupation
US Gov
Does anyone have any data on the light output from the new LEDs? On the prior f150s even the LED headlights were pretty dim. Has Ford increased the light output in the new LED headlights?

this is in reference to the led projectors on various trims like the 502A high.
Not that I have found, however I would be more interested in the throw distance/intensity, or candela, than I would lumens. Some of the best flashlights in terms of throw distance (over a mile easily) have lumens from around 2700-5500. Whereas there are flashlights that have 20k lumens but the light doesnt throw that far. All has to do with optics and I imagine the projectors on the 502a and above are pretty good at throw distance, would be interesting to find out!

Airlifter2

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat, SuperCab FX4 157" Iconic Silver
Occupation
Political researcher / publisher / Activist leader
I had a 2018, identical headlights to 2020, and I loved the LEDs. They were far brighter than previous vehicles I'd owned, even Xenon, halogen, etc. The auto highbeams is also great as I live in a semi-rural area where they can pop up and down 10-15 times on an evening trip home from a gathering. I've avoided hitting a coyote, horse, and deer in the road due to the LED. Hoping the 2021 is as good or better.
Sponsored