First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 PowerBoost XLT
Occupation
Chef
Just got her back from the custom shop last night. 3" Rough Country suspension lift, 17" Matte Gun Metal Black Rhino Abrams wheels, 305/70r17 Cooper AT3 XLT's. No trimming required though there is slight rub on the right crash bar at or near full lock, but only in reverse. I think I can live with it but may cut them when I take it back for a retorque after 500 miles.

Unsurprisingly, that press you into your seat acceleration off the line is no more (still plenty quick tho). on the plus side I still got over 20 mpg on the 30 mile drive home from the shop.

Waiting on a Dualiner, A Rigid Ind. light bar and surface mounted flood light pods, and maybe a retractable tonneau cover and she's finished.

Ford F-150 2021 Leadfoot PowerBoost Lifted on 34s IMG_2053
Ford F-150 2021 Leadfoot PowerBoost Lifted on 34s IMG_2047
Ford F-150 2021 Leadfoot PowerBoost Lifted on 34s IMG_2045
Ford F-150 2021 Leadfoot PowerBoost Lifted on 34s IMG_2042
Sponsored

Last edited:

Graygoose2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Sales
Looks fantastic!

Jenlee75

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fl50 lariat
Occupation
Retired from prison system
Just got her back from the custom shop last night. 3" Rough Country suspension lift, 17" Matte Gun Metal Black Rhino Abrams wheels, 305/17/70 Cooper AT3 XLT's. No trimming required though there is slight rub on the right crash bar at or near full lock, but only in reverse. I think I can live with it but may cut them when I take it back for a retorque after 500 miles.

Unsurprisingly, that press you into your seat acceleration off the line is no more (still plenty quick tho). on the plus side I still got over 20 mpg on the 30 mile drive home from the shop.

Waiting on a Dualiner, A Rigid Ind. light bar and surface mounted flood light pods, and maybe a retractable tonneau cover and she's finished.

IMG_2053.jpg
IMG_2047.jpg
IMG_2045.jpg
IMG_2042.jpg
Looks fabulous ? ?

RyanStroeder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost - Leadfoot
Just got her back from the custom shop last night. 3" Rough Country suspension lift, 17" Matte Gun Metal Black Rhino Abrams wheels, 305/70r17 Cooper AT3 XLT's. No trimming required though there is slight rub on the right crash bar at or near full lock, but only in reverse. I think I can live with it but may cut them when I take it back for a retorque after 500 miles.

IMG_2053.jpg
IMG_2047.jpg
IMG_2045.jpg
IMG_2042.jpg
looks great! what'd you use for the f150 lettering on the rear?

pkinneb

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 & 2018 MX5's, 2021 F150 PB Platinum
Looks great!!

Sponsored

Joe T

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 powerboost
Looks fabulous ? ?
Truck looks great! I did a leveling kit on 34s as well. However my mph is off by -4 by my GPS. Is there a way to calibrate my speedo?
Also I'm only get 15.5 mpg at 75ish on the highway not sure how you are getting 20mpg mine stock never got over 21mpg and I tried all the tricks. Ego mode, 65mph, kept rpms under 2k out of a 35 mile trip 6 miles was E miles. What am I doing wrong?

Joe T

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 powerboost
Truck looks great! I did a leveling kit on 34s as well. However my mph is off by -4 by my GPS. Is there a way to calibrate my speedo?
Also I'm only get 15.5 mpg at 75ish on the highway not sure how you are getting 20mpg mine stock never got over 21mpg and I tried all the tricks. Ego mode, 65mph, kept rpms under 2k out of a 35 mile trip 6 miles was E miles. What am I doing wrong?

OP
OP
oldrayseasoning

oldrayseasoning

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Chef
I only said I got 20mpg on the drive back. Not sure how things will shake out over time. I got 22mpg or more a few times prior to the mods. I haven’t even driven the truck on the freeway yet just local “highways”.

as to the Speedo I’m not really sure, I confirmed that the odometer was accurate tho. Maybe the computer figured it out on its own or maybe the shop ran a learning program on it…

Sponsored

OP
OP
oldrayseasoning

oldrayseasoning

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Chef
I only said I got 20mpg on the drive back. Not sure how things will shake out over time. I got 22mpg or more a few times prior to the mods. I haven’t even driven the truck on the freeway yet just local “highways”.

as to the Speedo I’m not really sure, I confirmed that the odometer was accurate tho. Maybe the computer figured it out on its own or maybe the shop ran a learning program on it…
Did a little test right now using Strava, the app I use to track my cycling activity. Confirms that my Speedo and odometer are 100% accurate. So if you’re speedo is off by 4 mph it’s likely both your odometer and mpg readout are off as well. I spoke to the shop that did the work and they did not do anything to the tuning so the truck figured it all out on its own. I’ve read that the dealer can run a learning program for you as well.
Ford F-150 2021 Leadfoot PowerBoost Lifted on 34s image

Here’s the cruise I just took. Mix of gravel and pavement, no speeds above 65mph, and eco mode on the whole time. 22mpg ?

PBXL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL Powerboost
Which Rough Country kit did you get? All the ones on their site for gen 14 say that they don't fit Powerboost trucks:

https://www.roughcountry.com/ford-suspension-lift-kit-577c.html?find=2021-ford-f-150-4wd-755265

NOTES - IMPORTANT
  • Does NOT fit regular/standard cab models.
  • Does NOT fit power boost model trucks.
  • Does '57730B' NOT work on models with stock ride height over 22in. [measured from center of wheel to the bottom of the fender]
  • Spacer kit '57730B' does NOT fit on trucks with FX4, Snow Prep, and other off-road packages that modify front strut assemblies will likely measure over 22in and will not work with this kit.
  • Does NOT models equipped with CCD system.

OP
OP
oldrayseasoning

oldrayseasoning

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Chef
Which Rough Country kit did you get? All the ones on their site for gen 14 say that they don't fit Powerboost trucks:

https://www.roughcountry.com/ford-suspension-lift-kit-577c.html?find=2021-ford-f-150-4wd-755265

NOTES - IMPORTANT
  • Does NOT fit regular/standard cab models.
  • Does NOT fit power boost model trucks.
  • Does '57730B' NOT work on models with stock ride height over 22in. [measured from center of wheel to the bottom of the fender]
  • Spacer kit '57730B' does NOT fit on trucks with FX4, Snow Prep, and other off-road packages that modify front strut assemblies will likely measure over 22in and will not work with this kit.
  • Does NOT models equipped with CCD system.

I used that one. I spoke with someone at rough country first. They said they haven’t done one themself yet so therefore couldnt say that it would work on the website but that they weren’t aware of anything specific that would prevent it from working. Another person already said it worked in the review section and the shop that did mine said there was nothing different about the powerboost truck vs any other ‘21 f150 they’ve used the kit on.

Madman

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3 Ford Explorers
Occupation
Engineer
@Joe T -

Is your rig a Powerboost?

DHBPhoto

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 3.5 Ecoboost
Occupation
Photographer/Filmmaker
Would like to know to see your lighting setup once you're done.
Sponsored