First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB Leadfoot
Occupation
US Gov
Awesome update! I'm looking to do something similar. Install the 2.0 system, and I'm thinking of staying with the P rated AT3Ws in 275/60R20 since I don't really need a heavy load tire. I'd expect my results to be somewhere between yours and stock which is what I was having a tough time gauging. I appreciate your post!

How has your build affected the trucks willingness to jump into electric mode?
Funny you should mention this, I too was worried it wouldnt jump into electric mode as much. I have a huge hill by my house that I play a game with and try and go up the whole thing in electric mode, I've noticed that I have to take the hill 1-2 MPH less in order for it to stay in electric mode. The rolling resistance with the new tires is greater by about 80 lbs total so Im sure this is what is causing this. other than that it doesnt seem to have caused much of a difference yet.
Sponsored

RyanStroeder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost - Leadfoot
Funny you should mention this, I too was worried it wouldnt jump into electric mode as much. I have a huge hill by my house that I play a game with and try and go up the whole thing in electric mode, I've noticed that I have to take the hill 1-2 MPH less in order for it to stay in electric mode. The rolling resistance with the new tires is greater by about 80 lbs total so Im sure this is what is causing this. other than that it doesnt seem to have caused much of a difference yet.
how does the increased tire width and diameter affect clearance with your mudflaps when turning? is it pretty close to rubbing? any space?

JoeMo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 Powerboost lariat sport
Do you know if the installer lowered the spring perch 5/8” like the instructions say to do for a 2021?

do you have the max tow package?

how much rake is left with your level kit?

Thanks!

OP
OP
mnstang

mnstang

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
US Gov
how does the increased tire width and diameter affect clearance with your mudflaps when turning? is it pretty close to rubbing? any space?
No rubbing at all, lock to lock, no rubs.

OP
OP
mnstang

mnstang

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
US Gov
Do you know if the installer lowered the spring perch 5/8” like the instructions say to do for a 2021?

do you have the max tow package?

how much rake is left with your level kit?

Thanks!
1. I'm confirming with the shop on that.
2. Yes I have the max tow package.
3. About 1/2" rake still left.

Sponsored

GeorgeK

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Self employed
So once you leveled it what did you do to realign your sensors and front camera I’m wanting to level my powerboost lariat but I don’t want to screw up my cruise control and frontal crash system

twelpo19

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Rach, 2019 Jeep JLU Rubicon
Occupation
IT Consultant
Thank you for sharing and being so transparent on the pros (a lot more of) and cons. Been debating the level and tire change once the Pirelli's get a few more miles.

The tire weight I am hearing help dictate the hybrid use since the rolling resistance will trigger engine use. But I so want the level look.

powerboost

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 4x4 Powerboost loaded
Occupation
retired technician
26FEFC4C-7C0A-47C7-AF9A-32892E712445.jpeg

Been awhile but I thought I would drop in and post a picture and impression about my build. I think for now it’s done. It’s dirty but you get the idea!

2021 Lariat 501a Powerboost Sport
Mods done:
-20% front tint match
-Front end clear PPF
-Ford Performance Fox 2.0 level lift front and rear
-LineX bed
-BakFlip MX4 tonneau cover
-Shorter Antenna for radio
-Falken Wildpeak AT3W 285/60/20
-Self applied Undercoat (black fluid film)

The ride is much better with the upgraded suspension. Cornering and ride quality is night and day. The Falkens are so quiet. Can barely hear them at all. I’m so glad I upgraded the whole suspension instead of just installing a block level kit. If you can spare the extra money I would 100% recommend it. The MPG did take a hit with the heavier tires and lift. I’m seeing about 2.1mpg less. Still getting 20-21mpg freeway driving. Towing mpg is a joke however. Even before the lift and new tires I was averaging 9-10mpg towing 8k ice castle. Which is expected. Good thing is that I could barely tell I was towing anything. But the boost gauge was constantly telling me I was at 1/4 to 1/2 full boost the entire time even on level ground. Other than that I’m loving this build. Was worth the year wait!
554AF621-DF04-42E9-A0D4-2AF41A838A4D.jpeg

094B4EAC-E662-42D7-9936-6B836F45AF19.jpeg

2AF5AE7F-72BE-48F8-9CEC-D052ACF7228A.jpeg
Next time you are towing, try removing 8,9,and 10 gears by pressing " - " button while in Drive anytime boost is showing to raise rpm's especially on any hills especially to help with lugging and overboost.. As soon as on level or going downhill use "+" to bring back a gear or two or all as needed to keep boost down. Excessive boost = sucking gas. It really works to limit boost for mileage help.

powerboost

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired technician
Thank you for sharing and being so transparent on the pros (a lot more of) and cons. Been debating the level and tire change once the Pirelli's get a few more miles.

The tire weight I am hearing help dictate the hybrid use since the rolling resistance will trigger engine use. But I so want the level look.
Another approach to level is to remove 4x4 blocks in rear axle. Drops about 1.25" or so. Ford Performance also sells a shackle lowering kit to drop rear of truck another inch or more by replacing rear shackles, and kit includes rear end driveshaft pivot angle wedge to add to spring pack.. Should not hurt mileage but might cause squat when loading bed heavy or towing with heavy tongue weight.

OP
OP
mnstang

mnstang

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
US Gov
Next time you are towing, try removing 8,9,and 10 gears by pressing " - " button while in Drive anytime boost is showing to raise rpm's especially on any hills especially to help with lugging and overboost.. As soon as on level or going downhill use "+" to bring back a gear or two or all as needed to keep boost down. Excessive boost = sucking gas. It really works to limit boost for mileage help.
Problem is also there was a headwind at 25mph and I had it set at 72 mph. :cool:

Sponsored

OP
OP
mnstang

mnstang

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
US Gov
Damn, $200 cheaper directly from Roush!

Also - can you explain this product / process more? " Self applied Undercoat (black fluid film) "
You buy a kit from amazon, lift up your truck and spray the fluid film on areas that will come into contact with road salt. Its messy so put a tarp or something (I put cardboard) on the ground. I just used ramps.

powerboost

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired technician
Problem is also there was a headwind at 25mph and I had it set at 72 mph. :cool:
........As the Mythbusters guys used to say..........."well there's your problem". Can't blame the truck for trying to tow at almost 100mph wind drag.......lol....at least it has the power to do it

OP
OP
mnstang

mnstang

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
US Gov

Yeah I was worried about that too, and I can deal with the less MPG, but man, the ride is so much nicer, and it looks killer too. :cool:

PB2021

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost
Curious when you say the ride is nicer. Can you describe how it changed from stock - like is it smoother, less body roll in turns, softer over bumps, or more firm etc. Knowing that ride preference is somewhat subjective I'm really curious on the changes you have experienced. Tks
Sponsored