First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB Leadfoot
Occupation
US Gov
Curious when you say the ride is nicer. Can you describe how it changed from stock - like is it smoother, less body roll in turns, softer over bumps, or more firm etc. Knowing that ride preference is somewhat subjective I'm really curious on the changes you have experienced. Tks
All of the above. Seems to soak up the bumps, dips, gravel, etc a lot better than stock. Does not seem to body roll as much. Going over speed bumps it does not seem to “bounce” as much either. Hopefully that clears some stuff up!
Sponsored

OP
OP
mnstang

mnstang

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
US Gov
Just a quick update on my build. It had to go back into the shop to get the front coil overs set down another 5/8”. Which sucks because they had to take everything apart again and needed the truck another 2 days. But at least now it’s set right and at the level it was designed to be at.

RLTW175

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 SCrew, STX 5.0
Occupation
Fire Starter/Meat Burner turned Sales Guy (but I still light fires)
Curious about this. What necessitated the adjustment to strut height? Were you having mechanical issues?

OP
OP
mnstang

mnstang

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
US Gov

rathbunr5

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 STX//2023 Ford Mustang Mach 1
Occupation
Sales Manager at Torrington Ford
LOOKS GREAT, NICK!

Sponsored

Sburke86

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Powerboost
Looks amazing! This is exactly what I want to do. Any regrets with tire size in regards to mpg? I keep going back and fourth about doing this but mpg is always on the back of my mind.

OP
OP
mnstang

mnstang

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
US Gov
Looks amazing! This is exactly what I want to do. Any regrets with tire size in regards to mpg? I keep going back and fourth about doing this but mpg is always on the back of my mind.
TBH, the MPG loss is pretty minimal, the only time I notice it, is driving above 70MPH. I recently completed a 230 mile round trip and got 22.1 mpg. But that was going 55-70. If I set the cruise at 75-80 Im lucky to get 17 mpg on level ground. I'd say overall you lose 15-20% of MPG in daily driving with these mods. Winter gas also shows a hit, but should be switching over to summer gas soon up here in MN, that should help. Hope that helped some!

Hellphire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Lariat FX4 3.5EB
Occupation
Iron casting foundry
Beautiful build. Have same truck except the powerboost. Mine is just the 3.5. Good I found this thread as I’m looking at going same level kit. But more then likely staying with SL rated 275/60 wildpeaks. Nervous as to the mpg hit, but you make me feel better. My dash lies about my mileage anyway. Filled up today with dash reading 20.4. Actual hand calc was 18.2. So maybe I shouldn’t worry to much more about it. Really like the look you have on your truck. Great job.

OP
OP
mnstang

mnstang

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
US Gov
Beautiful build. Have same truck except the powerboost. Mine is just the 3.5. Good I found this thread as I’m looking at going same level kit. But more then likely staying with SL rated 275/60 wildpeaks. Nervous as to the mpg hit, but you make me feel better. My dash lies about my mileage anyway. Filled up today with dash reading 20.4. Actual hand calc was 18.2. So maybe I shouldn’t worry to much more about it. Really like the look you have on your truck. Great job.
You get your level kit installed yet? How you liking it?