Sponsored

2021 King Ranch “Grounded” indefinitely due to driveshaft recall 21S56 - any ideas ?

2ethan9

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F1Paperweight
Occupation
Education

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate 4X4 - 6.2l
Occupation
Very retired
Yes. There is no information and no end in sight for this.
Never happened with the air bag recall 8 years ago. Took me 8 months to find a dealer to take my 2013 Roush RS3 because it had a defective air bag recall with no parts available. Never heard or read about buybacks for that.

jj4567

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
Parts for everything is scarce. This is not Ford.

I have waited 9 months for a couch. 10 for a washing machine.

Remember this come election time.
Election time? LOL. ?.
Problem is we make everything overseas. That reaches back decades.

2ethan9

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F1Paperweight
Occupation
Education
Never happened with the air bag recall 8 years ago. Took me 8 months to find a dealer to take my 2013 Roush RS3 because it had a defective air bag recall with no parts available. Never heard or read about buybacks for that.
30 days out of service = lemon in TX. Just seeing what anyone else has done, or is in process of doing. Ford just wants to screw you as their “customer”. I’ve lost all “respect” for Ford. They just want to open up legal docs for a problem they manufactured to save a few bucks.

Sponsored

buckmt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 King Ranch
Wanted to add in my experience here as well. I also have a '21 King Ranch I purchased back in August after 6 months of searching. Never had an issue and loved my truck. Took it in for service at 7300 miles on January 21st. I had not been notified of the recall on the app nor had I seen it online. Service went normally and passed inspection. Got the recall notification on February 13th and got in with my local dealer on the 18th at 8 am. The service tech asked when I needed my truck back and I told him at 5 when I get off work. At around 4:30 tech calls and says my driveshaft needs to be replaced that he would speak to me later and left work early. Had to jump through hoops and get to the point of talking to the general manager the next day to get a loaner ('21 STX). Waited patiently for 2 weeks without hearing anything. Went back to the dealership and was told they had no idea when the part would be here because they get no tracking info from Ford. Waited another week and a half before making a case with Ford corporate after seeing others' experience on this forum. My customer care rep has been virtually unreachable and has only told me she spoke with the parts manager to create and expedited the request (which took over 3 days). Went back to the dealer on Thursday to ensure the parts manager had returned her call, meanwhile, they ground the STX I'm in while at the dealership so they can put it on the lot to sell. Stuck me on an Edge despite my needing a truck for work. Told me I was lucky to have anything drive. No one would give me any kind of time frame. Service tech back-peddled when I asked why they didn't mention the recall when I brought it in for routine service and how it passed inspection. After all this, they tell me at 4900 the Edge must be grounded for sale too and they will have no remaining loaners and I will simply have nothing to drive. I mentioned pursuing a lemon law replacement around day 27 and they pretty much laughed in my face because they know a replacement is unattainable right now. Mentioned just taking my truck until the driveshaft arrives but they that the risk of fracture is too great and will not release it to me without me signing a waiver voiding my warranty. So essentially, my truck is hostage on their back lot sitting outside indefinitely. Anyone have any additional advice that has been through this process? I'm on day 32 without my truck (that I'm still paying for)

jsslocum

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost
Wanted to add in my experience here as well. I also have a '21 King Ranch I purchased back in August after 6 months of searching. Never had an issue and loved my truck. Took it in for service at 7300 miles on January 21st. I had not been notified of the recall on the app nor had I seen it online. Service went normally and passed inspection. Got the recall notification on February 13th and got in with my local dealer on the 18th at 8 am. The service tech asked when I needed my truck back and I told him at 5 when I get off work. At around 4:30 tech calls and says my driveshaft needs to be replaced that he would speak to me later and left work early. Had to jump through hoops and get to the point of talking to the general manager the next day to get a loaner ('21 STX). Waited patiently for 2 weeks without hearing anything. Went back to the dealership and was told they had no idea when the part would be here because they get no tracking info from Ford. Waited another week and a half before making a case with Ford corporate after seeing others' experience on this forum. My customer care rep has been virtually unreachable and has only told me she spoke with the parts manager to create and expedited the request (which took over 3 days). Went back to the dealer on Thursday to ensure the parts manager had returned her call, meanwhile, they ground the STX I'm in while at the dealership so they can put it on the lot to sell. Stuck me on an Edge despite my needing a truck for work. Told me I was lucky to have anything drive. No one would give me any kind of time frame. Service tech back-peddled when I asked why they didn't mention the recall when I brought it in for routine service and how it passed inspection. After all this, they tell me at 4900 the Edge must be grounded for sale too and they will have no remaining loaners and I will simply have nothing to drive. I mentioned pursuing a lemon law replacement around day 27 and they pretty much laughed in my face because they know a replacement is unattainable right now. Mentioned just taking my truck until the driveshaft arrives but they that the risk of fracture is too great and will not release it to me without me signing a waiver voiding my warranty. So essentially, my truck is hostage on their back lot sitting outside indefinitely. Anyone have any additional advice that has been through this process? I'm on day 32 without my truck (that I'm still paying for)
I am at about day 70 with a similar experience. Several offers now in flight from Ford. None ideal. Just want a repaired truck.

2ethan9

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F1Paperweight
Occupation
Education
I am at about day 70 with a similar experience. Several offers now in flight from Ford. None ideal. Just want a repaired truck.
Day 29, festivus miracle! Truck repaired. Now, there is 0 information on the part(s) after multiple inquiries. Big ole blemish for the blue oval. This is not an ideal situation for the “family member”.

buckmt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 King Ranch
Same here, the rental reimbursement isn't near enough to cover a truck rental (keep in mind the NHTSA dictated rental reimbiursment program is scheduled to expire March 31st as well) and the dealer has told me at 4900 miles they're taking the loaner back because it's "not their fault, they didn't build the truck. We aren't Ford corporate so it's not our problem." I would be more likely to pursue a buyback but I've already put about $3k into the truck (someone carelessly spilled bolts in the work parking lot so I already replaced the tires.) If I do anything but wait, I'm going to lose thousands. And like others have said, absolutely loved my truck when I had it and just want it back. Terrible customer service so far from the dealer and corporate level.

Deeber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 FX4 PowerBoost
Occupation
Data Architect
This is EXTREMELY disappointing to hear!
Ford is really causing a reputation problem here!
I had the same issue except that I never even got to take it off the lot after I put a down payment.
The dealer ordered the parts but, Ford wouldn’t give them any idea as to when anything would be available.
After two weeks my sales team started pushing the parts dept to look at the status 2x/day and that’s when they found out that the parts were shipped. No info from corporate, they just shipped them; WITHOUT a tracking number.
About a week later the parts just showed up in the afternoon.
Unfortunately, the dealers are taking the hit that corporate should be taking!
From reading what many of you are going through I count myself VERY lucky!

Sponsored

Erzal93

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 PB
Occupation
LEO
They had mine for 53 days

jsslocum

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mine was in on January 12th. They bought it back on April 1st. I had a replacement picked up at another local dealer that day. They had about a half dozen f150s in stock.

When I got all my stuff out on the 1st a window tag said it was going to be picked up on the 4th. The truck could sure move fast at that point but not the parts.

spitteler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT
I am curious what their initial offer was to you (sales price, msrp etc..) and how much they deduct for mileage. I am in a similar situation waiting on my Ford rep. I simply can't replace the truck for what I paid for it anymore so I would clearly prefer it to be fixed.

jsslocum

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I am curious what their initial offer was to you (sales price, msrp etc..) and how much they deduct for mileage. I am in a similar situation waiting on my Ford rep. I simply can't replace the truck for what I paid for it anymore so I would clearly prefer it to be fixed.
I got today's msrp for the 2021 which was about the dealer markup when I bought initially. Deductions vary by state lemon law. Basically I lost out on all my trade in sales tax credit.
Sponsored