First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
What are the changes that Ford fixes the Pro Trailer Backup Assist OTA on my job 1 that just received 3.5.3?
2.1.1 > 2.6.0 > 2.7.1 > 2.7.3 > 2.7.4 > service > 22-PU0727-VI-FXA > 22-PU0706-POPA > 3.5.2 > 3.5.3

Skipped 2.5.1: Pro Trailer Backup Assist refinements (Allows selection of the checkered target sticker or the yaw rate sensor to detect trailer angle)
Tbh, I am not sure. My truck has it, but I feel comfortable backing up my boat without it, so I've never used it. I know there is a checkered sticker you put on your trailer and then calibrate the truck's rear camera to the sticker for it to work. I still have the sticker in my glove box.

If your truck got 2.7.4, then at least you have all the IPC updates. You can still get the updates you are missing, but you will need a Mongoose tool to do it. From my understanding, the more OTA's come in, the harder it is to get the ones you're missing. BC trucks will also require more work to get the missing updates than non-BC trucks.
Sponsored

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
I’m not really concerned with BC, Alexa or games. Although I respect those who are. It would at least be interesting to try the trailer backup assist with stickers just to see if I could use it here and there since I have the option on my truck.
2.8.1 gives you the trailer assist function, 2.8.2 is what activates BC and 2.8.3 gives you the ability to use your rear and bed cameras in motion and the picture-in-picture option to the trailer reverse guidance feature. So whether you care about BC or not, having all the updates makes your truck complete.

Foxtrot150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 302A PB SCrew 6.5
My truck has it, but I feel comfortable backing up my boat without it, so I've never used it. I know there is a checkered sticker you put on your trailer and then calibrate the truck's rear camera to the sticker for it to work. I still have the sticker in my glove box.
Appreciate the response. I'm pretty comfortable backing up a trailer but don't do it a lot.
Just hope Ford would be able to push an OTA for something that I paid for and Ford promised (using the stickers). Trying to avoid another dealership visit at this point. I am on the list to borrow the Mongoose but am also thinking about buying my own. Just hard to stomach the $ right now for the gains that come from it (non-BC truck).

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Appreciate the response. I'm pretty comfortable backing up a trailer but don't do it a lot.
Just hope Ford would be able to push an OTA for something that I paid for and Ford promised (using the stickers). Trying to avoid another dealership visit at this point. I am on the list to borrow the Mongoose but am also thinking about buying my own. Just hard to stomach the $ right now for the gains that come from it (non-BC truck).
The dealer will not be able to fix it. You need a Mongoose and Jesse can do it.

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5
Occupation
Retired Electrician
@rugedraw - I had a look and there are updates listed on the spreadsheets for the F 150 that are not on @tonesto7 Power Up list. Is there a reason for that? Just wondering.

Sponsored

SanJuanTech

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT FX4 3.5 302A w/Max Tow
Not sure what I am missing, but how does one know what level they are really at when it comes to the Power-Up list? According to my "About SYNC" screen I am now on software version: 23031 Rev: 713 which puts me at March of 2023 according to the list. But there are two updates after for March and May 2023. So May says that it is 4.3.2, does that mean I should have a higher sync version?
Not a big deal at all, but just curious. Thanks!
Ford F-150 2021 Job 1 Trucks that aren't getting updates Snag_38d95b2

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Not sure what I am missing, but how does one know what level they are really at when it comes to the Power-Up list? According to my "About SYNC" screen I am now on software version: 23031 Rev: 713 which puts me at March of 2023 according to the list. But there are two updates after for March and May 2023. So May says that it is 4.3.2, does that mean I should have a higher sync version?
Not a big deal at all, but just curious. Thanks!
4.3.2 is an IPC update, so it would not give you a higher Sync version. Only an APIM update has a chance to do that. That update is on that list because a few people reported getting it, but it seems Ford stopped sending it out as quickly as they started. It does not appear on FDRS, either.

bassaway

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat FX4 3.5L
I'm now on 4.2.4. Ever since updating to 4.2.1, I no longer get the update icon on my Sync screen. The only indication that an update took place is in the Ford Pass app. I am able to confirm my truck updated by going into settings. Just strange the update icon no longer shows up. 2021 Job 1.

Anyone else?

flatag

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT FX4
Do the navigation maps update during PowerUp updates or do they have separate updates? Since I’m still on 1.4.0 are my maps out of date?

bkreyche

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
So to confirm what I have decoded this thread. My truck went from 2.7.4->3.5.2->3.5.3, I don’t have bluecruise currently and I should not expect to get it anytime soon since I was skipped on the bluecruise updates between the updates I received?

1FTFW1ED0MFC05931
Thanks

Sponsored

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Do the navigation maps update during PowerUp updates or do they have separate updates? Since I’m still on 1.4.0 are my maps out of date?
I have seen a few bluecruise map OTA's sent separately from PowerUp updates, but I have never seen a navigation maps update sent out on its own.

So to confirm what I have decoded this thread. My truck went from 2.7.4->3.5.2->3.5.3, I don’t have bluecruise currently and I should not expect to get it anytime soon since I was skipped on the bluecruise updates between the updates I received?

1FTFW1ED0MFC05931
Thanks
The last OTA I see on your history before 3.5.2 is 2.7.3, which means you are missing 2.7.4, 2.8.1, 2.8.2 (bluecruise activation) and 2.8.3. The only known way to get the updates you are missing is with a Mongoose and Jesse's help. It is unknown if Ford ever plans on making a patch that will give you the updates they skipped you over, but I would not hold my breath. I would get a Mongoose ASAP and reach out to him for help when you have it.

Last edited:

bigwyo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150

1FTFW1ED0MFC05931
Thanks
I was in the exact same situation as you. On Tuesday I got an email from Ford saying that I could take my truck in to the dealer to get the Bluecruise update. I took it in on Wednesday, with little confidence, and they called Thursday and said that it was ready to go. I picked it up and took it for a little test drive on I-25 and everything worked perfectly!
The service advisor was a little apprehensive since mine was the first truck that they had done since they screwed up one a year ago but, she said that everything went smoothly. Apparently Ford has made the process easier or they found one heck of a service technician!

bkreyche

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I was in the exact same situation as you. On Tuesday I got an email from Ford saying that I could take my truck in to the dealer to get the Bluecruise update. I took it in on Wednesday, with little confidence, and they called Thursday and said that it was ready to go. I picked it up and took it for a little test drive on I-25 and everything worked perfectly!
The service advisor was a little apprehensive since mine was the first truck that they had done since they screwed up one a year ago but, she said that everything went smoothly. Apparently Ford has made the process easier or they found one heck of a service technician!
Wow that is encouraging, I also got that email last week but haven’t called the dealer. Looks like you would have taken it to a WY dealer?

bigwyo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Wow that is encouraging, I also got that email last week but haven’t called the dealer. Looks like you would have taken it to a WY dealer?
Yes, In Casper. They actually did the loose insulation recall while they had the truck. Very pleased with how everything went!

Liv2Ryd

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Platinum Powerboost
Occupation
Sales Manager
Recently purchased a 2021 F150 Platinum VIN: 1FTFW1ED2MFB86637. Turns out my truck is on Sync 20301 and frozen. Tried all the unfreezing tricks, nothing worked. I've done some research thanks to this fine forum and preparing to tackle this head on with a Mongoose/FDRS setup. Question is, how do I know if my APIM is not broken? Please bear with me since this is all very new to me but I want to be sure I'm not dead in the water before I even get started.
Sponsored