Mangolorian222

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Tremor; Mach 1 HP
Hi Folks,

Does anyone know where the interior motion sensors are for the alarm in high models? 2020 and earlier models, the sensors were pretty obvious in the overhead console. Google returns nothing useful, and typically I'd go to a dealership to compare, but dealerships in my area don't have trucks lol.

TIA
Sponsored

hotrodmex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 500.5a
Looks like it's in these little vents in the console. That's where the wires for the infrared sensors go.

Ford F-150 2021+ Interior Motion Sensors s-l1600
Ford F-150 2021+ Interior Motion Sensors s-l1600 (1)

Also knowing they're infrared makes sense how they can be put into "dog mode" by just blocking them with a sticker or cover.

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat 157wb
Looks like it's in these little vents in the console. That's where the wires for the infrared sensors go.

s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600 (1).jpg

Also knowing they're infrared makes sense how they can be put into "dog mode" by just blocking them with a sticker or cover.
Not sure it is the same across all trim levels but my 502 Lariat allows disabling them in settings (I think after you lock and unlock once it goes back to having them all enabled) but you can flip a toggle in the alarm menu to have it ask which you want each time you shut off the engine. Not just for dogs. I discovered them taking naps on a road trip and waking the sleeping truckers at rest stops with the horn.

hotrodmex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 500.5a
you can flip a toggle in the alarm menu to have it ask which you want each time you shut off the engine
I had read people having issues with the menu and prefering to use something mechanical.

For the option, does it default to ON if you don't enter a selection, or do you have to make a selection to turn them on?

(My truck is waiting on a train...)

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat 157wb
I had read people having issues with the menu and prefering to use something mechanical.

For the option, does it default to ON if you don't enter a selection, or do you have to make a selection to turn them on?

(My truck is waiting on a train...)
I'm 99% sure it defaults to on if you ignore the prompt, but haven verified.
Sponsored