Sponsored

2021 - Forecasted Rebates

F150Rob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XLT
Planning to order a F-150 XLT this month and start with Ford Financing, dealer is willing to go forward with invoice pricing.

Current rebates are at $2500 w/ add'l $500 for military for the AZ/Nevada region.

Should I search outside of this region for better rebates? Are there any expected better rebate packages coming around in the next month or so?

Looking for any thoughts, I know these things aren't exactly predictable. If what I currently have is reasonable, I'll press forward with it.
Sponsored

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
Depends on the start price. Rebates make us feel good but are meaningless if not off the right start price (i.e. a $55k truck with $5k rebates makes us generate a lot more serotonin than a $50k truck with 0 discounts)

So you need to know whether it is $2500 off MSRP or how close is your final price off either MSRP or invoice. You should be at or below invoice before folks will generally call it a "good deal".

OP
OP

F150Rob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XLT
Depends on the start price. Rebates make us feel good but are meaningless if not off the right start price (i.e. a $55k truck with $5k rebates makes us generate a lot more serotonin than a $50k truck with 0 discounts)

So you need to know whether it is $2500 off MSRP or how close is your final price off either MSRP or invoice. You should be at or below invoice before folks will generally call it a "good deal".
Dealer is doing Invoice pricing and then applying $3000 in Rebates, priced it out through the Price List Guide provided on here & through COSTCO's invoice build tool.

MSRP's @ 55k, Invoice @ 51k, then $3000 in Incentives, putting me around $48k. I know there will always be the rebates at the time of delivery, but if what I have in front of me sounds good enough to place an order on, which I think it does, I'll move forward with it.

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
Personally I would LOVE to have $3k under invoice. But I don't have an XLT, which always get the best discounts. Are you saying ALL that $3k is incentive/rebate, and not including any personal cash offer (PCO) you can use in addition?

This is the only rebate/incentive available in my area, but opening the details it says "must be on dealer lot for 61 days to qualify" as if that is even possible on a '21....

Ford F-150 2021 - Forecasted Rebates 1613519180337

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
I got invoice, + 1500 + 500
but I did not finance
msrp was 49060 after mid level XLT discount.

it went down as 46,### -1500-500 - 500deposit

bigger discount on 302a, I think 1750,

Sponsored

F150 4X4

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I got 1000 under invoice 3000 Ford incentives and 1500 PCO locked in and if if the incentive are better when it come's in I can take them.

OP
OP

F150Rob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XLT
Personally I would LOVE to have $3k under invoice. But I don't have an XLT, which always get the best discounts. Are you saying ALL that $3k is incentive/rebate, and not including any personal cash offer (PCO) you can use in addition?

This is the only rebate/incentive available in my area, but opening the details it says "must be on dealer lot for 61 days to qualify" as if that is even possible on a '21....

1613519180337.png
Wow, completely missed the 61 days to qualify stipulation. I'll check back with the dealer to clarify current incentives. Since the order deposit is refundable, I'll throw in the order and see what comes available when the Truck comes around.

Viper1010

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT
Usually the rebates come off after the dealership discounts, though some will try to include it as part of their discounts on unsuspecting customers. Dealerships get 100% of the rebate money back, so it doesn’t cost them a thing. So if they can convince a customer that they are getting a $3000 discount, but $2000 of it is rebate, they only lose 1000 off their msrp.

I bought mine at invoice plus any extras I want at cost (tonneau, etc). So it’s a savings of $6500 on mine plus the extras, and the rebate is 4000 delivery rebate, and 1000 Ford factory order rebate. In the end I’ll be saving close to 12k. Went from MSRP of $65,500 plus taxes to$53+k plus taxes. (That’s an additional savings of $600 just in taxes.)

Asphaltman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150, 2021 F150, 2018 F-150 1997 F-250H
Occupation
Entrepreneur
Ask the dealer to search the VINCENT system for available rebates. Keep in mind, it’s only the rebates available at delivery that count, not when you order.

Agashi25

First Name
Arban
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang GT PP CO
Ask the dealer to search the VINCENT system for available rebates. Keep in mind, it’s only the rebates available at delivery that count, not when you order.
This is wrong. The dealer locks in rebates at the time of order. If anything is better at time of purchase they will grab those instead.

Sponsored

Jaross

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 STX supercrew fx4
Does anyone know if interest rates can be carried over from the order date as well as the rebates?

Asphaltman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150, 2021 F150, 2018 F-150 1997 F-250H
Occupation
Entrepreneur
This is wrong. The dealer locks in rebates at the time of order. If anything is better at time of purchase they will grab those instead.
That’s odd, in my 25 years of buying trucks every other year I’ve never had it that way. Maybe my dealer does it different than other people though. When you order a truck, that’s not a purchase agreement. Technically you could still walk because you haven’t signed any paperwork to purchase anything. You can’t purchase a vehicle without a Vin number as well, Which you don’t have at ordering. In my experience, dealers can tell you whatever they want but it’s when it comes down to taking delivery of the vehicle that things count.

Agashi25

First Name
Arban
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang GT PP CO
That’s odd, in my 25 years of buying trucks every other year I’ve never had it that way. Maybe my dealer does it different than other people though. When you order a truck, that’s not a purchase agreement. Technically you could still walk because you haven’t signed any paperwork to purchase anything. You can’t purchase a vehicle without a Vin number as well, Which you don’t have at ordering. In my experience, dealers can tell you whatever they want but it’s when it comes down to taking delivery of the vehicle that things count.
My experience has been the opposite of you. Based on everyone else on this forum it sounds like every dealer is different. But it’s absolutely possible for them to lock rebates/incentives with Ford at time of ordering based on the countless others here who have had the same experience as me. Might be worth bringing up with your dealer next time you buy.

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
My dealer locked me in and will reassess rebates at time of delivery to get me the best possible out the door price. Seems like the best way to do business and earn the customers trust.
Sponsored