First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco Sport
Occupation
Dealership Social
What's up folks! Ethan here again, we just posted our Driving review of this 401A Lead Foot Tremor!

Feel free to let me know if you have any questions!

We didn't get a chance to try out the 1-pedal trail driving or the off road trail control, so that might come out soon in a follow up here soon!

Sponsored

Madeinchina

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Tremor, 2012 Mustang GT
Thanks for the video Ethan. Was great to see a Tremor move around. Was the trail turn assist working properly? It didn't seem like the inside rear wheel was locked up for the turn.

Did the one you drove have the trailer tow package? I'm curious what the payload and towing numbers came out to.

OP
OP

ethanhuntford

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco Sport
Occupation
Dealership Social
Great question! So we actually tried the TTA multiple times to be sure it was working and came up with the conclusion that in order to properly dig in there would need to be weight in the bed.

We have a Bronco version of it and both the wheelbase and weight seem to make a difference.

We just weren't able to lose enough traction in the front to properly get it to grab. Looking over to the outside wheel you could see it was actually spinning, while the inside was just rolling with the truck as it moves.

This is a pretty good sign to me though that the truck has great traction in the front.

Last edited:

Kenn

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Lariat
I like the trail assist idea and in other videos it looks like it works well, but it also looks like it might be a PITA to activate. Wish there was a simple button to activate it.

I was dying for a test drive to see your impressions of the ride quality compared to a comparably equipped Lariat, but there's no indication of that. Some people say then ride is stiffer and some say softer. What say ye.

Last edited:

Yeti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Ether Graboid
Thanks for the video, Ethan. Any chance we can get pics of those payload stickers from all 3 of your trucks?

Sponsored

OP
OP

ethanhuntford

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco Sport
Occupation
Dealership Social
Plenty of time for a ride quality comparison! I've honestly not spent extended amount of time behind the wheel of an F-150 in a while so it's hard to say off-hand. It doesn't feel too incredibly different as far as I can tell, maybe a little stiffer on road, but less so than you would think? I'll try and see about doing a comparison test.

OP
OP

ethanhuntford

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco Sport
Occupation
Dealership Social
Thanks for the video, Ethan. Any chance we can get pics of those payload stickers from all 3 of your trucks?
First Blue truck is sold!
Ford F-150 2021 Ford Tremor Driving Review - Trail Turn Assist, Off-Road Camera, Mud/Ruts mode IMG_9051.JPG

Payload sticker for Lead Foot 400A

Ford F-150 2021 Ford Tremor Driving Review - Trail Turn Assist, Off-Road Camera, Mud/Ruts mode IMG_9052.JPG

Payload for Lead Foot 401A featured in Driving Review.

Dresdie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Acura TSX
Looking forward to watch the video to hear exhaust. Been curious if it's any different than std. ecoboost.

Like your YouTube videos. They have been very informative. Thanks.

Timsvtgen1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Bronco Spt BL , '21 Tremor Ordered

Sponsored

150ish

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150
Occupation
Inspector Gadget
That thing still has a hella rake to it. But I'm digging the wheels for sure.

Wvmtneer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
What's up folks! Ethan here again, we just posted our Driving review of this 401A Lead Foot Tremor!

Feel free to let me know if you have any questions!

We didn't get a chance to try out the 1-pedal trail driving or the off road trail control, so that might come out soon in a follow up here soon!

Ethan, what is your opinion of the 401a seats regarding comfort, looks and durability? My options for the 401a vs 402a is around $4000 price difference.
katzkins makes the difference around $2200.

Papawsnow

First Name
Elliott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat FX4
Had a couple questions from your video. Do the forward cameras work like that on all F1-50s in Mud & Rut mode or just the Tremor? Second, is there a speed limit for when the "forward guides" work? Also, thanks for the video!

OP
OP

ethanhuntford

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco Sport
Occupation
Dealership Social
Ethan, what is your opinion of the 401a seats regarding comfort, looks and durability? My options for the 401a vs 402a is around $4000 price difference.
katzkins makes the difference around $2200.
Very Comfortable, I don't care much for leather honestly (my dog isn't super forgiving on interiors). There is a lot more to that extra $4,000 including the better transfer case, true LEDs and the 12inch screen behind the wheel. Might be worth it if you can swing it.

Had a couple questions from your video. Do the forward cameras work like that on all F1-50s in Mud & Rut mode or just the Tremor? Second, is there a speed limit for when the "forward guides" work? Also, thanks for the video!
AS FAR AS I KNOW this is exclusive to the off-road specific set-up (eg Raptor, Bronco, Tremor) I don't think there is a limit to the speed in that mode as it is in 4H - Rock Crawl mode might differ because it is 4L though.
Sponsored