First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate 4X4 - 6.2l
Occupation
Very retired
Mine makes a faint beeping sound backing up. I haven't noticed it moving forward in electric.

Produced 1/7/21
Released 1/15/21
Sponsored

DannyboyUpstate

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150 XLT Supercab 5.0L 6.5’ bed
Mine seems to make the noise when in motion, regardless if the gas motor is running or not. It is quite loud. It’s much louder than the gas engine in the cabin. I made a post about this yesterday since it’s annoying to me. Was yours making the noise when the truck was n park? If so, that doesn’t make sense.

Same for me. It's much louder in the cabin than I thought it would be. I see this getting disconnected in the future, though I'm not sure yet.

wayfarer556

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Powerboost 302A
I always assumed this was the pedestrian speaker. I don't hear it in the cabin unless I have my window down. Honestly I think it's kinda badass. This truck is so quiet at low speeds people have no idea you're there.

Sunny

First Name
Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Platinum
Occupation
President
I am having an intermittent issue with my new 2021 Limited POWERBOOST Hybrid. The truck makes a really loud whining noise when stopped and in Electric Mode. It does it in Drive as well. It continues to make the noise even when the engine starts running. The problem is that it doesnt do it all the time when you come to a stop. Below is a link to the video of the noise. It is a different noise than the one when you press the brakes. I noticed that one too, but that one doesnt bother me. Let me know if any of you have noticed this issue.

I am having the same issue with a new 2021 F150 Platinum Powerboost. Didn't notice the noise the first few days, now it's driving me crazy. Louder at slower speeds and when parked, in drive, noise is very loud. When you put in park, noise stops. Did you find or get a resolution for this issue?

unixadm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum PowerBoost FX4
That sounds like the pedestrian sounder is working normally.

Sponsored

oldschool

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'14 escape, '04 f150, '03 fjr1300, 21 xlt PB 2wd
Occupation
retired
For those annoyed by the pedestrian whining noise, could the speaker simply be disconnected?

Sunny

First Name
Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Platinum
Occupation
President
I was told today it’s normal operating sounds coming from electric motor and transmission.

unixadm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
For those annoyed by the pedestrian whining noise, could the speaker simply be disconnected?
You cannot disconnect the speaker without a cluster warning popping up. I already tried it. I’m sure it could be bypassed by a properly sized resistor, but there’s liability with doing that.

oldschool

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
You cannot disconnect the speaker without a cluster warning popping up. I already tried it. I’m sure it could be bypassed by a properly sized resistor, but there’s liability with doing that.

Sponsored

oldschool

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
I have a 4 ohm resistor somewhere. It's only a liability if you run over someone. Shouldn't happen with all the cameras and pedestrian recognition. I get where you're coming from though. Thanks for your thoughts.

unixadm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have a 4 ohm resistor somewhere. It's only a liability if you run over someone. Shouldn't happen with all the cameras and pedestrian recognition. I get where you're coming from though. Thanks for your thoughts.
You might want to verify the resistance since it may not be like a normal speaker. Getting to the connector is a bit tricky.

pushrods

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT PB Sport
Occupation
Retired IBM field engineer
Mine seems to operate correctly. Built 01/28/21.
Mine makes a loud whining noise that comes on at 8 mph and goes off at 18 mph. does it in electric or while on the gas motor. Not sure where it is coming from but sounds like it might be a stupid speaker. I took it into Ford service and they had no clue what the noise was. They had no other hybrid units on the lot so they said they didnt know if it was normal or not, so now I guess I got to wait until the dealer gets another unit on the ground. The noise is pretty loud and annoying in my case.

pushrods

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT PB Sport
Occupation
Mine seems to make the noise when in motion, regardless if the gas motor is running or not. It is quite loud. It’s much louder than the gas engine in the cabin. I made a post about this yesterday since it’s annoying to me. Was yours making the noise when the truck was n park? If so, that doesn’t make sense.
Mine doing the same thing. Dealer didnt have a clue what was wrong.

pushrods

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT PB Sport
Occupation
I am having the same issue with a new 2021 F150 Platinum Powerboost. Didn't notice the noise the first few days, now it's driving me crazy. Louder at slower speeds and when parked, in drive, noise is very loud. When you put in park, noise stops. Did you find or get a resolution for this issue?
Mine doing the same after about 120 miles on truck. Didnt notice it first few days of driving but now its very annoying. I test drove a PB back in Jan that was a earlier build as it was quite as a mouse and I was very impressed how quite it was. Mine sounds horrible at rest now and worse when stepping on the brake while in any mode other than park. I opened a customer complaint case with Ford customer care as dealer service dept doesnt have a clue what is going on..I also included the rust on the axle in complaint as dealer wont do nothing for that either.
Sponsored