Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
Not surprised

https://fordauthority.com/2021/02/2021-ford-f-150-inventory-is-flying-off-dealer-lots/

2021 Ford F-150 Inventory Is Flying Off Dealer Lots

February 5, 2021

Though 2021 Ford F-150 production is currently being threatened by a global chip shortage, the trucks that have reached dealers are apparently selling quite well. 2021 Ford F-150 inventory is turning at a very fast rate, spending an average of 9 days on dealer lots, a fact that was revealed by FoMoCo executives during a recent media briefing attended by Ford Authority.

This speaks to the tremendous amount of interest consumers have shown in the new Ford F-150 after Ford reported it had received a record number of retail orders for the pickup as of early December, as customer sold orders rose 210 percent year-over-year and dealer orders for stock were more than double the current production schedule.

Ford was prepared for this high level of demand, as it began producing the 2021 F-150 at both the Ford Dearborn Truck Plant and Kansas City Assembly Plant while prototypes were still in production. Those models were later held at the Detroit Metro Airport and various places around the Kansas City plant until they were updated with the latest software and given final quality checks before being shipped to dealers.
Sponsored

BigTex22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Ford F-150 King Ranch
I spent about an hour with my sales rep at the dealership today looking through all the inventory across 3 states, including inbound, to find my perfect vehicle. It was slim pickings, and that was including inventory 2-3 months out. I ultimately purchased one on the lot that had everything I wanted and in the color I liked, sans the Ford Co-Pilot 2.0 package, which I can live without. I feel like I skipped the line, being able to get mine today.

jafo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Star white
It seems like every Platinum w/Powerboost I search on ford.com has a moonroof. I don't want to pay for the moonroof option. That said. I see more F-150s within a 100 mile radius than I did a month ago.

Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL STX
Starting to see more on the road everyday. Even though they’re quite similar to the 2020 they really stand out in traffic. Mostly whites and greys over here. They look way better in person.

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
I have seen zero in the wild here, just on the lots. Probably for the best as it will hurt every time I see another one and I'm still waiting.

Sponsored

rikker

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Lariat Sport PB, 20 Escape Titanium Hybrid
Occupation
Distributor/Dirt Mover
I have seen zero in the wild here, just on the lots. Probably for the best as it will hurt every time I see another one and I'm still waiting.
I drove by a high volume dealer here in western ny today and there were about 15 2021’s sitting there with snow on them. If mine wasn’t scheduled to be built this Friday, I would have been tempted to stop in and buy one. Only one Powerboost there on their website so they are still unicorns around here. Still haven’t seen any on the road yet either.

TommyGun

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT & 2013 Ford Escape
Occupation
Environmental Scientist
Not surprised

https://fordauthority.com/2021/02/2021-ford-f-150-inventory-is-flying-off-dealer-lots/

2021 Ford F-150 Inventory Is Flying Off Dealer Lots

February 5, 2021

Though 2021 Ford F-150 production is currently being threatened by a global chip shortage, the trucks that have reached dealers are apparently selling quite well. 2021 Ford F-150 inventory is turning at a very fast rate, spending an average of 9 days on dealer lots, a fact that was revealed by FoMoCo executives during a recent media briefing attended by Ford Authority.

This speaks to the tremendous amount of interest consumers have shown in the new Ford F-150 after Ford reported it had received a record number of retail orders for the pickup as of early December, as customer sold orders rose 210 percent year-over-year and dealer orders for stock were more than double the current production schedule.

Ford was prepared for this high level of demand, as it began producing the 2021 F-150 at both the Ford Dearborn Truck Plant and Kansas City Assembly Plant while prototypes were still in production. Those models were later held at the Detroit Metro Airport and various places around the Kansas City plant until they were updated with the latest software and given final quality checks before being shipped to dealers.
The XLT I purchased just got off the truck. The dealer hadn't even had time to do their inspection, so I had to wait a day to pick it up.

Reactions: MDM

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
The XLT I purchased just got off the truck. The dealer hadn't even had time to do their inspection, so I had to wait a day to pick it up.
I actually plan to pull over the carrier truck at gunpoint and rob my truck off of it, which will result in negative time on the dealer lot, thereby bringing the average down even further.

ZWARRIOR

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat 501A 2.7l
Occupation
Software Engineer
I actually plan to pull over the carrier truck at gunpoint and rob my truck off of it, which will result in negative time on the dealer lot, thereby bringing the average down even further.
say when, I will help ya, we will unload mine when the time comes too

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
say when, I will help ya, we will unload mine when the time comes too
Awesome! Here is the railyard in Benicia where Ford delivers to NoCal. Tons and tons of vehicles in the lot. We will track our carrier truck and make the hit on 680 when the time comes.

Ford F-150 2021 Ford F150 Inventory is Flying Off Dealer Lots 1612853481131

Sponsored