Carlito's way

Carlito's way

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 XLT 3.5 EB FX4 302-A high
From what I was told, Ford is aware of the problem and they have a repair. But it’s intensive and costly. Probably why they haven’t advertised it yet.

So I have no doubt they will correct your issue and get you on your way, HAPPILY.

And I appreciate the thank you, question how did you know inserved?
Your thread has you listed as Retired Military.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Carlito's way

Carlito's way

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Received the truck back with new engine, and intake on February 3rd. Three day's shy of one month driving a loaner vehicle.

On February 4th, Engine light on indicating malfunctions with Powertrain, several other ABS codes. etc.... February 5th (Saturday), all appeared to reset for I did not see a check engine light.

February 6th took it to the dealer first thing in the morning. Service advisor indicated I should closely monitor. Well, I did. No check engine for two weeks even though I felt rough idling/misfiring while at stop lights.. At this point, I am thinking this is normal for a 21 F150.

On February 19, and 20th I experienced yet again several malfunctions, app showing several codes as it relates to the powertrain, ABS system. I witnessed rough idle, and truck on two occasions went into "limp mode" on the 19th while driving.

February 21st, at the dealer all day. Unable to determine underlying issue I guess, dealer contacted Ford and I believe is still waiting for a response so they say. Cleared codes on February 21st, and gave my truck back to me with the understanding they were waiting for Ford's response. They could not keep the truck for they did not have any loaner vehicles available to me.

Today (February 24th, 2022), well, Another check engine light on, powertrain module, limp mode. I limped the truck back to the dealer and left it. Today they were able to give me a loaner. We shall wait and see what is next.

I have lost all faith in the dependability of this truck at this point. Totally defeated.

Upnorth

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f 150
Received the truck back with new engine, and intake on February 3rd. Three day's shy of one month driving a loaner vehicle.

On February 4th, Engine light on indicating malfunctions with Powertrain, several other ABS codes. etc.... February 5th (Saturday), all appeared to reset for I did not see a check engine light.

February 6th took it to the dealer first thing in the morning. Service advisor indicated I should closely monitor. Well, I did. No check engine for two weeks even though I felt rough idling/misfiring while at stop lights.. At this point, I am thinking this is normal for a 21 F150.

On February 19, and 20th I experienced yet again several malfunctions, app showing several codes as it relates to the powertrain, ABS system. I witnessed rough idle, and truck on two occasions went into "limp mode" on the 19th while driving.

February 21st, at the dealer all day. Unable to determine underlying issue I guess, dealer contacted Ford and I believe is still waiting for a response so they say. Cleared codes on February 21st, and gave my truck back to me with the understanding they were waiting for Ford's response. They could not keep the truck for they did not have any loaner vehicles available to me.

Today (February 24th, 2022), well, Another check engine light on, powertrain module, limp mode. I limped the truck back to the dealer and left it. Today they were able to give me a loaner. We shall wait and see what is next.

I have lost all faith in the dependability of this truck at this point. Totally defeated.

Upnorth

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f 150
I am so sorry. I had a car once that I finally made the dealer keep under the lemon law. You must be close to that

my truck just runs rough but tomorrow I have to take it in because abs cruise and all else involving brake controls is out. I only have 800 miles left on the warranty. I ordered a new one in October but still waiting. I just need this truck to run until I can trade it in. If the new one acts the same it will be the end of my ford experience.
Hang in there and read up on the lemon law

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150

Hey, Carlito's Way. I would like to look into this Powertrain issue you're experiencing with your F-150. Could you please send over a private message with your VIN and the name/location of your local Ford dealer?

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
302a crew - 6'5" Sport, Max Tow, FX4
Wow. I think I'd be looking at a different brand after that experience. My '15 w/ 5.0 has been good. Waiting on an ordered '22 w/ a 3.5 to arrive. Lots of reading on this forum has me concerned.

I was underwhelmed by the '22 Tundra a drove hence why I ordered a Ford. But, now I'm 2nd guessing myself.

Dnpbakon

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT F150 leadfoot
Occupation
Retired Military

Don’t even bother sending ford motor co a PM. They will not do JACK SHIT. Get an attorney, and go after the dealership if they do not initiate a buy back or go lemon law. My attorneys drafting papers for ford here soon for FORDS negligence and not even checking up on a dealership that turned around and sold my 2021 buy back the next day I turned it in KNOWING it had an issue. I HAVE ZERO FAITH in them or the brand. But for 35,999 miles this turd is their issue and I’ll treat is as such.

ARegularJoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Feb 2 Order: 22 Lariat 500A/3.5 EB/FX4/Max Tow/+
Was the engine swap done? That's really sucky! If it was done, did you perform an inspection to make sure everting is back to like new condition. I would guess the only way to do one of these is a nose clip removal given the tight fit of these engines under the bonnet.

OP
OP
Carlito's way

Carlito's way

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes engine swap completed and given back to me February 3rd. Almost impossible to do a complete inspection when the nose clip is put back.

I can't say FORD TRUCKS SUCK overall however, my situation with this particular Ford truck does.

Sponsored

Iluv2fly

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 3.5

That sucks that your having issues. I hope they get something figured out for you. There are definitely lemons from every brand, trust me I have seen it.

OP
OP
Carlito's way

Carlito's way

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thank you and I agree. This is by no means isolated to Ford products. Like I have said, love the truck when it wasn’t starving for oil. Now i am experiencing PCM ISSUES. I patiently await the outcome. Truck is still at dealership, and I am starting to look like an Abraham driving in a Lincoln.

Robpm

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat SCC, Sport, 6.5 bed, FX4, MaxTow
Any further updates?

OP
OP
Carlito's way

Carlito's way

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
After almost another month at the dealer, I received the truck back on March 23rd, 2022. Dealer replaced two spark plugs and two boots calling it good.

Truck still idles rough in warmer weather. No check engine light as of today. Waiting for a date to attend a lemon law hearing with Fla's Attorney General office at this point, All I want is a replacement at this point, very frustrated to say the least.

Satellite67

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Lariat 3.5EB, 2019 Bullitt, 2019 FLHTP
After almost another month at the dealer, I received the truck back on March 23rd, 2022. Dealer replaced two spark plugs and two boots calling it good.

Truck still idles rough in warmer weather. No check engine light as of today. Waiting for a date to attend a lemon law hearing with Fla's Attorney General office at this point, All I want is a replacement at this point, very frustrated to say the least.
Any updates?
Sponsored