First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Powerboost
Occupation
Internet Admin
Nothing more fun that waiting to find out about the next engine.....

https://www.thedrive.com/news/35890/2021-ford-f-150-raptor-will-have-700-hp-supercharged-v8-from-mustang-gt500-report

We all should've seen this coming as the horsepower war finally makes its way to pickup trucks. Ram has its new Hellcat-powered TRX, GM has no answer to this because it's GM, and today, we've got a new report from a well-sourced informant who claims Ford is "without a doubt" dropping the Mustang GT500's 5.2-liter, 700+ horsepower supercharged V8 into the new 2021 Ford F-150 Raptor.

That would be a big upgrade compared to the current, 3.5-liter twin-turbo six-cylinder EcoBoost in the Raptor. At 450 horsepower, the V6 is plenty powerful, however, our source tells us that in the new Raptor, the supercharged 5.2-liter will make anywhere between 725 and 750 hp. Perfect for... uhh... I'm not sure. But it should be fun.

“Honestly, we had to counter Ram once we knew they installed the Hellcat in the TRX," a source within Ford told our informant. Considering they'll have the new TRX beat for power, that's definitely a good counter. And along with this update concerning the Raptor's drivetrain, we've also received a new spy shot (seen up top) that seem to hint at the truck's new coil-spring rear suspension—note the extra underbody cladding around the rear axle to cover up where the leaf springs would normally be seen.
Sponsored

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
Given the price tag on the TRX, I have reservations about just how much more Ford is going to ask for a Raptor with a GT500 V8. Perhaps we are going to see a stand-alone Raptor model and the TT-6 is not going away for the bulk of the Raptor line. They offer the Mustang in GT, GT350, and GT500 trim...why not the Raptor? A little something for everyone.

OP
OP
ldsavow

ldsavow

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Internet Admin
Certainly possible we would see TWO ENGINE OPTIONS perhaps???

OP
OP
ldsavow

ldsavow

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Internet Admin
RAPTOR - R

The TRX killer
that has a lovely ring to it.
And to be honest, I have to admit, I am really looking forward to the Ford Marketing Against the TRX.
Gotta hand it to Dodge, the little clip of the T-Rex flinging the Raptor from Jurasic Park was seriously throwing down the corporate Gauntlet in Ford's Face.

I can only imagine what Ford will do in retaliation!:D:D