First Name
Woody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Occupation
Accounting
Went in for an oil change and recall fixes (2 of them) and about to head off on a 1k mile trip. So I will let you guys know it I have any trouble with the screen. I also ask them to update any software that may needed to be done as well. Let's keep each other updated.
Sponsored

Rickam

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021F150KingRanch71 Mach179MarkV63GalaxieXL
Occupation
Retired
Had same problem took to dealer they put a new APIM module. They couldn’t program it right , It was not working for a month. Half the accessories didn’t work. I complained to Ford they haven’t come up with a solution yet . I made the dealer reinstall my old one, better to have a random screen black out than no Sirius, nav ,cameras or vehicle settings, dealer told me they will notify me when Ford techs figure out the program, which is indefinite, I am really disappointed with Ford Ford customer service is very poor.all they did is contact the dealer which I already have been in contact with my complaint is not with the dealer but is with Ford corporate techs. The worst thing is nobody knows when they are going to be able to solve this problem very disappointed with the 2021 F1 50s as they are always needing recalls and updates never been to the dealer so much in the last year for stupid stuff I got a windshield seal recall, a wiper motor recall,a trailer towing recall, I would not be excited about getting a new truck till they clean up their act

Gros Ventre

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Powerboost
I have observed the same thing. However, it suddenly occurred after a recent Ford Software update installed by my dealer. It appears that the screen brightness software thinks it's night time if the headlights are on regardless of the actual ambient light conditions.

OP
OP
WFordKid

WFordKid

First Name
Woody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Occupation
Accounting
Just got back from a 1000 mile trip. 20.5 mpg not to bad! My screen did not black out once. When your screen blacks out, is your phone plugged in and charging, I think that may have been the cause, or a contributing factor. But luckily my screen did not fade to black. Please update this thread with any new developments, as I think it is nice to be able to share our experiences.

Rickam

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021F150KingRanch71 Mach179MarkV63GalaxieXL
Occupation
Retired
Driving on a trip today - I noticed my 12' display getting dim..then it went completely dark...after a minute or so - i could start to see the screen albeit barely. The screen turns on when put in reverse, it also turned back on after turning the headlights from auto to off then back to auto. This work around only worked once. Any idea what could be happening - could it be a short - screen going bad. Also using the reset button under display tab only worked a couple of times. Truck has about 3,500 miles on it so a faulty part would have showed up earlier i would have thought. It has also gone black, and stayed that way. However, upon restarting the truck the screen comes back on - just to go black again. I will take it to the dealership when back in town - but i hate to do this as my oil change will be coming up soon and it is always a hassle to take your vehicle to the shop. May have no choice as it is very annoying. Thanks in advance for your help. Would a reboot help - or is that the same thing as turning off the truck and on again?

Blackscreen.jpg
Sponsored