2021 F150 Vibration

Dadofjax

First Name
DadofJax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
I have a 2021 F150 Lariat 3.5 ecoboost. I brought it to the dealer I bought it from and they told me the idle is fine.

Does this look normal to you? You can feel it all over the vehicle and while driving. I have another issue with the Anti-collision alarm coming on when the truck sits in the sun for 5 min and a second dealer is trying to fix that but the camera will be in maybe end of August. How Ford can't give a dealer a better idea of when a part is going to come is ridiculous in 2021. The new dealer will be looking into the vibration.

2021 F150 3.5 Ecoboost vibration - YouTube
Sponsored

Don

First Name
Don Murray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Retired
Mine has a rough idle (dealer put in a new set of spark plugs - did not fix). The whole truck will occasionally shake at 55-57 mph like driving on rumble stripes. Blows blue smoke at startup. Has been at another dealer for 3 weeks. I know of at least one other 3.5 EB doing exactly the same thing.

OP
OP

Dadofjax

First Name
DadofJax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Mine has a rough idle (dealer put in a new set of spark plugs - did not fix). The whole truck will occasionally shake at 55-57 mph like driving on rumble stripes. Blows blue smoke at startup. Has been at another dealer for 3 weeks. I know of at least one other 3.5 EB doing exactly the same thing.
Do you have vibration in your peddle?

I had a mechanic friend look at it and he told me to have Ford look at the motor mounts and where the Cab connects to the Frame. He thinks somehow all the vibration from the engine and driving is being transferred to the cab.

Might be a moot point though if the camera doesn't fix my Pre-collision issue I am starting the buy back process.

Don

First Name
Don Murray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Retired
I don’t notice the vibration in the pedal, but for sure the steering wheel - whole truck. Can’t do the buy back, has to be in the shop for 30 work days. I also traded in a vehicle. I really think the dealership is trying to help me. If Ford approves it, the dealership wants to put a complete new engine in it.

OP
OP

Dadofjax

First Name
DadofJax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
I don’t notice the vibration in the pedal, but for sure the steering wheel - whole truck. Can’t do the buy back, has to be in the shop for 30 work days. I also traded in a vehicle. I really think the dealership is trying to help me. If Ford approves it, the dealership wants to put a complete new engine in it.
Keep me posted if you go the new engine route so I can pass it along to my dealer.

Thanks and hope they get our trucks right.

Sponsored

Don

First Name
Don Murray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Retired
If you know how to send a private message with email or phone, I will keep you posted (I don’t know how that is done). I have not found much interest in my smoking exhaust from viewers on this forum. Will be glad to communicate with you. I can also get you in touch with the MO person with my same problems.

Asphaltman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150, 2021 F150, 2018 F-150 1997 F-250H
Occupation
Entrepreneur
Do you have vibration in your peddle?

I had a mechanic friend look at it and he told me to have Ford look at the motor mounts and where the Cab connects to the Frame. He thinks somehow all the vibration from the engine and driving is being transferred to the cab.

Might be a moot point though if the camera doesn't fix my Pre-collision issue I am starting the buy back process.
My vibration seems associated with the trans….when in park it goes away. Also it’s reduced when the AC is off.

Dnpbakon

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT F150 leadfoot
Occupation
Retired Military
Sorry to bring this thread back, but Dadofjax, did you ever get this resolved? Armand are you located in Jacksonville, Florida by any chance?
Sponsored