Sponsored

MAhauler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Explorer
Why weren't they released on reveal night?

It won't lose out to the outgoing 2020 F150 so we know it'll have a max tow capacity of at least 13,000 pounds, but should we expect an increase in towing capacity or just the same?
Sponsored

Striker Hawk

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
Most of the discussion regarding towing now is touching upon the fact that the tow numbers are already so high that you're towing more than 2x what the truck its self ways. To do much better, safely, you're going to be forced into a super duty just to have a heavier, more stable tow platform (the truck its self). Even at the 13k lb. level, you're really better off in an F-250. More rigid frame, bigger breaks, heavier vehicle, etc.

TAL2GK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 C2S, BMW Z4M Coupe, BMW X6
I'm mostly concerned with payload. Yes, Ford claims a maximum payload of over 3,000, but of course none of the trucks really have that much. I'm hoping they hold the line or slightly improve payload capability for the average SuperCrew platform. Something north of 1,700 for a Platinum or King Ranch would be nice. ;-)

Power Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Farmer
HDPP with more option selection would be great. I'd kill for a Lariat Sport 5.5 with HDPP.

docprego

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia
HDPP with more option selection would be great. I'd kill for a Lariat Sport 5.5 with HDPP.
I never understood why they restrict HDPP to the lower trims. I get the philosophy that the package is intended to maximize payload. But why shouldn't I be able to simply increase the payload of any trim I'd like? The current generation allowed it on Lariat so I am disappointed and perplexed to see that it maxes out on the 2021 at XLT 301A.