Sponsored

2021 F150 SuperCrew XLT 302A -- Folding down latch back seat - Driver side

discothan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
There was a video posted earlier on how to fold down the driver side back seat on previous models.

I noticed the latching hardware wasn't an exact match, so I thought it best to go and take pictures of 2021 F150 SuperCrew XLT 302A version.

I'm also going to post instructions.

I'm a big guy so I think most of you can do this if you have the SuperCrew back row space.

Tool needed: medium length wrench, you will use the closed ended side

• 1. Remove the head rest of driver side back seat bench by pushing in the two buttons to release the headrest latch and push/pull up on the headrest.
  • 2. TO PROVIDE MORE ROOM TO THE BACK OF THE SEAT.......Pull the driver-side back seat bench latch and fully raise/fold up the driver side back seat bench.
  • 3. Climb into the truck and with wrench in hand, peer over and behind the rear bench seat from the left (passenger side). You will see the latch mechanism.
  • 4. Slide your wrench flat side perpendicular to the seat back and hook the closed wrench head around the pin. MARKED WITH GREEN ARROW IN PICTURE:

Ford F-150 2021 F150 SuperCrew XLT 302A -- Folding down latch back seat - Driver side 2021-03-12 15.36.45

• 5. Pull the pin up with the wrench to release the latch. DON'T LEAN ON THE BACK OF THE SEAT OR IT WILL LATCH AGAIN!!
  • 6. Reach with your right hand and pull the seat release and push the seat bench down. DON'T LEAN ON THE BACK OF THE SEAT OR IT WILL LATCH AGAIN!!
  • 7. Now you can pull the seat back forward/down to expose the latching mechanism.

TO RELATCH:
  • 1. You will need to push the seat back up into the up-right postition.
  • 2. You will need to be sure the seat bench is folded up by pulling the seat latch and pushing the seat up.
  • This will move the seat back up a few inches.
  • 3. Now you can apply pressure or slam the seat back into place so the latch locks.
  • 4. Pull the seat latch and lower the seat back into sitting position.

Here is the latch of the folded down seat back:

Ford F-150 2021 F150 SuperCrew XLT 302A -- Folding down latch back seat - Driver side 2021-03-12 15.37.55
Sponsored

Last edited:

jeffcrum

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 302A Powerboost 7.2kw Inverter
Occupation
Computer programmer
The bar the latch attaches to is floating. It might drop in between your movements. You can generally eyeball it to get it in the right spot to latch it.

I bought and installed the Sporthfish rear seat release kit.

BigShan808

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 STX FX4 2.7 EB SCrew
Anyone else installed the "Built rite" type latch pull mechanism on their '21? I installed one on my '18 and it worked like a charm and love having access to a hidden storage space behind the passenger rear bench. I've tried to install one on my '21 but as mentioned in the previous post the latch bar floats on these models, making it a pain to realign it and have the seat re-latch. Anyone with ideas to correct this? Wondering if I can order the latch bar from the previous GEN and swap it.

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
Anyone else installed the "Built rite" type latch pull mechanism on their '21? I installed one on my '18 and it worked like a charm and love having access to a hidden storage space behind the passenger rear bench. I've tried to install one on my '21 but as mentioned in the previous post the latch bar floats on these models, making it a pain to realign it and have the seat re-latch. Anyone with ideas to correct this? Wondering if I can order the latch bar from the previous GEN and swap it.
Can't speak to that one, but these two posts suggested these options. You could ping them for specifics.

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/finally-2021-f-150-platinum-3-0l-powerstroke-fx4.4333/ Same as Jeff above.

https://www.amazon.com/AVOMAR-Super...G5865S5/ref=pd_lpo_2?pd_rd_i=B07G5865S5&psc=1

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/iconic-silver-f-150-2021-club.292/page-8#post-74006

https://www.amazon.com/Seven-Sparta-2017-2018-SuperCrew-2009-2018/dp/B07J1JZRF2

Last edited:

Sponsored

BigShan808

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Brudder, all you did was add to your post count! Again anyone out there experience the issue I am having? Regardless the brand of the latch release kit, they're all the same. Those who have their kit installed also experience alignment issues? Does your latch post float too?

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
Brudder, all you did was add to your post count! Again anyone out there experience the issue I am having? Regardless the brand of the latch release kit, they're all the same. Those who have their kit installed also experience alignment issues? Does your latch post float too?
Dude, I'm providing you with some folks who have posted they've installed a latch. You can PM them for what they bought. :)

BigShan808

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dude, I'm providing you with some folks who have posted they've installed a latch. You can PM them for what they bought. :)
Hence the purpose of this thread ; a platform to share with the masses.

kgpuzio

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Powerboost XLT Max Tow
@discothan thank you for this post. after fussing (unsuccessfully) with this for an hour, i was able to do this in 5 min!
Sponsored