Sponsored

2021 F150 - splice power from rear view mirror for radar detector?

SILVERBULLET69

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
YOUR GLOVE BOX LIGHT IS ON
The Dongar model works great with my 2021 Lariat Powerboost Hybrid with my dash cam. Even comes with a very short Micro and Mini cables but no USB C port, not that my camera takes it Powers on and off with the ignition, I have the Copilot 360 Assist cruise control. Ill take a few photos once I get it set the way I want and tidy and secure things up with some zip ties. In the meantime saving me from trying to run a wire around the windshield was worth the $30ish it cost. Pure plug and play unplug your existing connector from the mirror plug it into the back of the dongar, plug the dongar into your mirror. Easy peasy! https://www.amazon.com/dp/B088P4VFQ...t_i_YAJ6E3XY3CC4WDX1SKFD?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

BOUGHT THIS AND IT WORKS GREAT
Sponsored

BMWtoF150

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch, 3.5 Eco
Occupation
Retired, Part Time Consultant
BMWtoFord, where did you run the wires? Up the a-pillar? did you have to remove trim, etc,?
It runs down the A Pillar to the back of the BCM. I had a stereo/truck wire when the put my Retrax Pro on. They threw it for free.

Mosey

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
Looked at this last night and what little probing I did I was not able to find a pathway from the passenger footwell fuse box to the a-pillar. Need to try some more.

Greg2561

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F-150 SSV, 2022 F-150 Lariat 5 w/ BlueCruise
Occupation
Public Safety
I verified today that BlueCruise, Lane Assist, and Active Park Assist all work fine with the Dongar Technologies adapter plugged in and powering a device. No issues at all and a very easy install.

Sponsored

Mosey

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
I was able to run the wires last night. I ran three 16 gauge wires down the a-pillar. I put the wires in some braided nylon loom, removed the a-pillar trim, and used factory wire retainers (unused). The hardest part is getting the cover off of the grab handle.

Mosey

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
Hi all, anyone know the type of fuses, specifically the smallest, in the BCM fuse panel? They are either micro2 or mini.

Thanks.

newfrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT
Occupation
Geologist
Sorry for bumping up an old post but for you guys that bought the dongar adapter, does your dash came restart when your engine turns back on from start-stop? The camera stays on when the engine shuts off but restarts as soon as the engine fires up again. Not sure what's causing this.
Sponsored