First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Hybrid
Occupation
Retired
No doubt a faulty Gateway Module could wreak havoc!
Suggested 1 1/2years ago, that FORD CANADA take truck to former truck plant in Oakville and tear it apart. They failed to do that, and now look where we are , STILL same problems and every time they do something to truck either OTA or service bay, it can take up to 2weeks before truck agrees or not , before it acts up again
Sponsored

Northguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT, 2010 F150 XLT
I suspect bad gateway, since joining forum , we have found a number supposed fixes, should have included that scenario, but all that has been done is reprogramming, no replacement. A number of seasoned IT people have said “no codes -no problem “ is simply not true, and by now FORD CANADA should be well on their way to replacing ALL 34 modules or replace the truck
First I am sorry you and your family are going thru this. Even if it is only a few, when it happens to you it doesn't matter that most trucks are ok. I can only imagine how frustrating it is. As a cdn also nkow about Ford Canada. I waited 9 months for my truck, 3 months with it sitting finished in a rail yard 2 hrs away and Ford Canada did little to fix it. My trade in dropped in value significantly during this time.

@Snakebitten is pretty knowledgeable first about our trucks but also the really knowledgeable people on this forum. There are a lot of people who trying to help will provide their quick opinions but a few like Bruce, Jessie, @rugedraw and several other who will go the extra mile to really help people with their specific problem not just give opinions. Read "a mess this time" to see the lengths Jessie will go. Will this fix your truck, not sure but I would give it a go as the alternative Ford Canada has put in front of you is not really an alternative. Dealers don't get paid to problem solve an issue - they pick something do it and charge for it.

We in Canada don't have the buyback protection many in US have. I hate to admit it but looks like Quebec will be the first province to put 1 in place. We need these laws in Canada to prevent what you are going thru.

Either thru this forum or thru other help, really hope you make some progress.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
I have already looked at their truck and so has Jesse. Jesse suspects a bad GWM. They would have to convince the dealer to swap it out or pay out of pocket to get it done. Even then, there is no guarantee that swapping the GWM will fix all or any of the problems this truck. He would need to plug into the truck directly to be able to accurately diagnose the issue.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
It IS a gamble to purchase a GWM.
But a very tiny gamble VS the $30,000 bath.
I'm just too dang stubborn to throw in the towel and reward (trading/buying) any manufacturer for their shortcomings.

Having said that, I fault no one for taking a different approach. Really. I mean that.

NzCanuck

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Hybrid
Occupation
Retired
It IS a gamble to purchase a GWM.
But a very tiny gamble VS the $30,000 bath.
I'm just too dang stubborn to throw in the towel and reward (trading/buying) any manufacturer for their shortcomings.

Having said that, I fault no one for taking a different approach. Really. I mean that.
The real issue is if you can see that solution , why can FORD CANADA not do the right thing

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The real issue is if you can see that solution , why can FORD CANADA not do the right thing
I assure you that the question you are asking has been asked many times over on this forum. How is it possible that strangers on the internet can know more about these Gen14 trucks than the "Blue Oval" shirt folks?

And it's a good question.

My own personal opinion is because of their arrogance, or apathy, or.......

But regardless of the explanation, this forum has helped MANY fellas (and a few ladies) fix the same trucks that the dealerships failed to fix. Especially things related to the software and modules.

OP
OP

axial_pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat Powerboost
Keep in mind that a multitude of multi-pin plugs are now a fact of life regardless of hybrid or not. I've remarked about ensuring plugs are fully seated. Worth a look-see.
Is a list/map of what connectors we could check ourselves? Is there anthing that the community has compiled that may facilitate troubleshooting?

Thanks

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
There's a 5000 page wiring document that you can acquire. Similar to the 18000 page factory service manual.

It has pretty much every electrical component/connector found in the truck. Absolutely daunting. Makes me wonder how it is possible that I could get one of these modern vehicles home with EVERY SINGLE pin in every connector connected properly without flaw. 😳😉

Sample of the many thousands of illustrations
(all properly indexed)

Ford F-150 2021 F150 Powerboost massive electrical gremlins - dealers are USELESS Screenshot_20231120_081331_OneDrive

Ford F-150 2021 F150 Powerboost massive electrical gremlins - dealers are USELESS Screenshot_20231120_081216_OneDrive

RociPB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21-F150-XLT-PowerBoost
Unfortunately no lemon law in Canada though Quebec is looking to make one - will be first in Canada. Lemon laws would be very useful in OPs case. While these things are rare (thankfully) it is very real for OPs family and they should have an option to force the dealer to take it back.
With those roads, Quebec needs a lemon law. Even a well built vehicle will have hanging connectors after a summer days drive through the hills

Gros Ventre

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Powerboost
There's a 5000 page wiring document that you can acquire. Similar to the 18000 page factory service manual.

It has pretty much every electrical component/connector found in the truck. Absolutely daunting. Makes me wonder how it is possible that I could get one of these modern vehicles home with EVERY SINGLE pin in every connector connected properly without flaw. 😳😉

Sample of the many thousands of illustrations
(all properly indexed)

Screenshot_20231120_081331_OneDrive.jpg

Screenshot_20231120_081216_OneDrive.jpg
You made my point far more eloquently than I. The assembly line discipline to ensure every, and I mean every, multi-pin plug is properly seated is a daunting task.

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
You made my point far more eloquently than I. The assembly line discipline to ensure every, and I mean every, multi-pin plug is properly seated is a daunting task.
Not at all. I just cheated and used pictures. You know what they say about pictures. They are worth....... 😉

amschind

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 SCrew 4x4 Powerboost
Occupation
Physician
There is a small population of PBs that are absolutely cursed. Dealers are not able to systematically pinpoint the issue, and the story generally plays out like the one above. I will echo those above re: loose connector, bad wire in an otherwise good connector, bad ground or bad battery.

NzCanuck

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Hybrid
Occupation
Retired
There is a small population of PBs that are absolutely cursed. Dealers are not able to systematically pinpoint the issue, and the story generally plays out like the one above. I will echo those above re: loose connector, bad wire in an otherwise good connector, bad ground or bad battery.
While I am aware that this is not the only one, I am sure” not able to duplicate “ is lawyerese for we do not know how to solve it! But the “right “ thing is own your problem and do not expect your customer to take a $30,000.00 bath on your behalf, because FORD CANADA do not have the morals or ethics to solve it properly!

amschind

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 SCrew 4x4 Powerboost
Occupation
Physician
While I am aware that this is not the only one, I am sure” not able to duplicate “ is lawyerese for we do not know how to solve it! But the “right “ thing is own your problem and do not expect your customer to take a $30,000.00 bath on your behalf, because FORD CANADA do not have the morals or ethics to solve it properly!
Not only that, Ford NEEDS the cursed PBs back because doing autopsies on them is the only way that they're going to be able to reliably diagnose and fix the problem in the future. There should be a warehouse in Michigan full of cursed PBs in various states of disassembly with techs looking for the common fault(s).
Sponsored