First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150, 2023 Lincoln Aviator
Occupation
Retired Ford employee
I've had my first problem the day after driving off the lot end of July last year. Other problems followed soon. Alarm keeps going off when trailer connected - window bounceback - black 12 inch screen - interior lights don't work,....Dealer unable to fix any of them due to Fords inability or indifference to fix my, and many other F150's and make them problem-FREE, what they should be, regardless if a XL or a Limited. In my case it's a 85,000 CAN Platinum. Yesterday the no-start problem happened to me too. Got in the truck, pushed the button to start and heard a loud POP. Error messages rotating in the dash, 12 inch screen is just as black as it often is anyways. Brake pedal moves towards me a bit, but not starting at all. So here i am with a 85,000 truck full of tools, windows down a bit, which wont roll up and cant lock it up. Nothing works. Went to bed with a fuzzy, cozy, secure feeling of having made the right choice in this 2021 F150. I'm about ready to jump ship after 27 Fords. Ford tough dependability my A**...

Ford F-150 2021 F150 Platinum is a bad joke received_584248819240499 (Medium)
Sponsored

Last edited:

True North

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-125 Ford One Gallon Flush Toilet
I've had my first problem the day after driving off the lot end of July last year. Other problems followed soon. Alarm keeps going off when trailer connected - window bounceback - black 12 inch screen - interior lights don't work,....Dealer unable to fix any of them due to Fords inability or indifference to fix my, and many other F150's and make them what they should be regardless if a XL or a Limited. In my case it's a 85,000 CAN Platinum. Yesterday the no-start problem happened to me too. Got in the truck, pushed the button to start and heard a loud POP. Error messages rotating in the dash, 12 inch screen is just as black as it often is anyways. Brake pedal moves towards me a bit, but not starting at all. So here i am with a 85,000 truck full of tools, windows down a bit, which wont roll up and cant lock it up. Nothing works. Went to bed with a fuzzy, cozy, secure feeling of having made the right choice in this 2021 F150. I'm about ready to jump ship after 27 Fords.
Sorry to hear you`re in the barrel also. If only your flag was crooked ford could help. GLTA

Briansk12

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 PowerBoost
I am starting to agree with you. Although I have not had as many problems as a lot of people on here, things are starting to add up. My truck is currently in for a leaking transmission. Was in last week for the recalls and now we have another one. My 2016 Ram went 103,000 miles with not one issue. One recall to replace the EGR cooler. I got rid of it because I was worried I might start having problems due to higher miles. I regret that decision.

OP
OP
Pete6114

Pete6114

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Ford employee
I finally copied this video from my phone. This is the sound it made after the big POP when trying to start it up. Did this for 30 minutes or so and eventually even it didn't work anymore. Ended up with a clicking from the fuse box under the hood before the tow truck arrived and took this Turd away. Been in the Shop since Wednesday. Video i had made was to large to upload and got it finally reduced. Guess the video still not uploading...

mnstang

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB Leadfoot
Occupation
US Gov
I finally copied this video from my phone. This is the sound it made after the big POP when trying to start it up. Did this for 30 minutes or so and eventually even it didn't work anymore. Ended up with a clicking from the fuse box under the hood before the tow truck arrived and took this Turd away. Been in the Shop since Wednesday. Video i had made was to large to upload and got it finally reduced. Guess the video still not uploading...
You could always upload it to youtube and link it.

Sponsored

jofo

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat Powerboost 502A Smoked Quartz
Occupation
Engineer
I feel your pain. I’m ready to give up on my 21 lariat PB. Today it goes in for bucking uphill, blown speaker, loose drivers seat and trailer brake recall. And I just got notice of wiper arm recall to look forward to when ford has the parts. This is on top of the 1/2 dozen defects I’ve already encountered. This will have been to the shop more than the last 6 cars combined that I’ve owned. And it’s 10 months old!

snyce1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' F150PB PLATINUM, 17'Escape, 15'expeditionEL
I've had my first problem the day after driving off the lot end of July last year. Other problems followed soon. Alarm keeps going off when trailer connected - window bounceback - black 12 inch screen - interior lights don't work,....Dealer unable to fix any of them due to Fords inability or indifference to fix my, and many other F150's and make them what they should be regardless if a XL or a Limited. In my case it's a 85,000 CAN Platinum. Yesterday the no-start problem happened to me too. Got in the truck, pushed the button to start and heard a loud POP. Error messages rotating in the dash, 12 inch screen is just as black as it often is anyways. Brake pedal moves towards me a bit, but not starting at all. So here i am with a 85,000 truck full of tools, windows down a bit, which wont roll up and cant lock it up. Nothing works. Went to bed with a fuzzy, cozy, secure feeling of having made the right choice in this 2021 F150. I'm about ready to jump ship after 27 Fords.
Sorry your truck is doing that . My 21 pb hybrid has several weird things and one big thing that ford has yet to update .my generator faults out whenever wet . Rain , snow , car wash . Had a power issue fails to get ready on remote start if i extend the run time via remote . Ford slow to fix software

OP
OP
Pete6114

Pete6114

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Ford employee
Got a link here for Dropbox and hope it works to let you hear the popping sound from the speakers after the initial LOUD pop when i tried to start it up. Did that for about 30 minutes and became irregular before stopping altogether, only to be replaces by a ticking sound from the fuse panel under the hood. Everything went dead as if there was no battery in the turd. Let me know. https://www.dropbox.com/s/5zssd2182q9klfb/20220420_161807.mp4?dl=0

snyce1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' F150PB PLATINUM, 17'Escape, 15'expeditionEL
Got a link here for Dropbox and hope it works to let you hear the popping sound from the speakers after the initial LOUD pop when i tried to start it up. Did that for about 30 minutes and became irregular before stopping altogether, only to be replaces by a ticking sound from the fuse panel under the hood. Everything went dead as if there was no battery in the turd. Let me know. https://www.dropbox.com/s/5zssd2182q9klfb/20220420_161807.mp4?dl=0
Thats not a good sound at all

OP
OP
Pete6114

Pete6114

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Ford employee
UPDATE: Got this truck back with a new Battery. Old one was dead and caused the no-start. They tried to charge it, but it wouldn't take a charge, so it was replaced. Not exactly a rare issue for Ford's 150's. Waiting for a NEW, updated APIM now. Ford told dealers to stop installing APIM's till they get the new ones, since they're all bad. Could take 6-8 weeks according to my dealer. Not feeling confident of getting where i need to be every day and making it back home. Opposite of what one expects from a new vehicle.

Sponsored

Mrcarmona176

First Name
Francisco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford f150
Occupation
Business owner
I've had my first problem the day after driving off the lot end of July last year. Other problems followed soon. Alarm keeps going off when trailer connected - window bounceback - black 12 inch screen - interior lights don't work,....Dealer unable to fix any of them due to Fords inability or indifference to fix my, and many other F150's and make them problem-FREE, what they should be, regardless if a XL or a Limited. In my case it's a 85,000 CAN Platinum. Yesterday the no-start problem happened to me too. Got in the truck, pushed the button to start and heard a loud POP. Error messages rotating in the dash, 12 inch screen is just as black as it often is anyways. Brake pedal moves towards me a bit, but not starting at all. So here i am with a 85,000 truck full of tools, windows down a bit, which wont roll up and cant lock it up. Nothing works. Went to bed with a fuzzy, cozy, secure feeling of having made the right choice in this 2021 F150. I'm about ready to jump ship after 27 Fords. Ford tough dependability my A**...

received_584248819240499 (Medium).jpeg
I've had the same issue today and I just removed the antena at the front and it stopped the noise. Not sure if it will solve yours but you could give it a try.

Fordphanatic

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F150
Occupation
Union Carpenter
I Love my 2021 Platinum. I have had zero mechanical issues. Only complaint is the OTA software Update process. I had to go out and buy the mongoose cable and an FDRS license subscription and do all the updates myself to get the truck where I wanted it with Bluecruise. Besides that I love this truck. It socks your having issues but to say the 2021 Platinum F150 is a Bad Joke. I have to disagree. The first year of any major design change will have a few problems now and then. And when it happens it's covered under warranty/recall. I hope they get your truck back to you soon.

Aim64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Limited Ordered 2021 F150 Platinum
Occupation
Scrap Metal Industry
Bad battery can cause the windows to go up and not close completely
Interior lights don’t go on when exiting car is from a weak or bad batteryand headlamps that do not stay on after shutting the truck off is also from a weak. battery too.

OP
OP
Pete6114

Pete6114

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Ford employee
I Love my 2021 Platinum. I have had zero mechanical issues. Only complaint is the OTA software Update process. I had to go out and buy the mongoose cable and an FDRS license subscription and do all the updates myself to get the truck where I wanted it with Bluecruise. Besides that I love this truck. It socks your having issues but to say the 2021 Platinum F150 is a Bad Joke. I have to disagree. The first year of any major design change will have a few problems now and then. And when it happens it's covered under warranty/recall. I hope they get your truck back to you soon.
Glad your truck is problem free, but that don't change the fact that MINE is a bad joke. I've had plenty of vehicles, but this one gets the price of being the most undependable yet. I've never had a vehicle being towed back to the dealer in my life till now. I get the part about hickups with a new design and i thought of that before ordering it, but i never figured i'll be driving it for 9 month without having things fixed which started on day 2 of ownership. From what i gather, most of them are software related and modules need updating, and that's inexcusable in my books. Not waiting for chips here, just for Fords updates.

Madman

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3 Ford Explorers
Occupation
Engineer

received_584248819240499 (Medium).jpeg
JUST TERRIBLE! So sorry to hear this. I’ve had my Platinum Powerboost for over a year and have had zero problems with it in >15k miles.
Sponsored