2021 F150 - Dust Intrusion Rear Passenger Doors

CopperDog23

First Name
Kory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
I've had my Lariat since March, love it .. BUT .. I'm getting sooo much dust coming into the cab through the bottom of the rear doors. I do live in a rural area and have all my life, so I'm used to dust, but this is insane. Dealer looked at it and acknowledged that its unacceptable (we did check the cab vents on backside of the cab, they are operating as they should), but they had to think on a solution. I had a bodyshop look at it to see if there was an adjustment that could be done on the door itself, in short he said no. He did point out where the dust is coming in, it lines up with the 'holes' that are found in the weather stripping on the door. Makes sense once it was pointed out. He suggested to try plugging the holes in the weatherstrip and see if that makes a difference. So we'll try that .... I wanted to throw it out here to see if anyone else was having issues and if so, any solutions.
Sponsored

hardlymoving

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Supercrew 4 x 4 , 3.5 Ecoboost
Yes, have been seeing more dust on this 2021 Crew Cab than the 2017 that I traded in. I too live in a rural area with lots of dirt and gravel roads. Will have to look for gaps in the weatherstrip, thanks for the tip.

OP
OP

CopperDog23

First Name
Kory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Update … so I plugged the holes on the weather stripping using duct tape on the rear doors (just to see if it would work), I drove it for about 2 weeks … holy cow what a difference, much improved, so much so I did it on all the doors. Barely any dust coming in now.
It worked well enough that the dealer did the same thing on another customer truck that was having the same issue. Supposedly Ford is going to send out a rep to look at it.
Ford F-150 2021 F150 - Dust Intrusion Rear Passenger Doors 4AA0C74E-3923-4702-9046-65D2E443A997
Sponsored