2021 F150 3.5L V6 EcoBoost - HO or not?

nikonmansocal

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Ford has not indicated if the 3.5 V6 non-hybrid available for the 2021 model is a carryover of the HO version from 2020 Raptor and Limited trims.

I'm suspecting it is the "standard" version not the high output in order to swing customers into the hybrid (which is annoying as not everyone wants a plug-in truck).

Does anyone have an details either way?
Sponsored

Chadillac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang GT, Mazda 3
Occupation
Nurse
I’m the opposite of you and certain it’s gonna be the carryover HO or an equivalent. Ford isn’t gonna nerf the engine in the two highest trimmed versions of their biggest seller. They have too much pride. Though I do think the powerboost will be optional on limited but not Raptor and if the twin engine Raptor rumor is true, they’re not gonna give you a hybrid AND a supercharged V8 as the choices ?

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
"Ford Authority was able to confirm this in an interview with F-150 engineering manager Dawn Piechocki, who told us that no 2021 model would come with dual exhaust. And aside from the fact that Ford decided not to add dual exhaust to any of the new 2021 Ford F-150 models, it also dropped the 3.5L H.O. option for 2021, as it’s effectively been replaced by the all-new 3.5L PowerBoost hybrid."

OP
OP

nikonmansocal

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
"Ford Authority was able to confirm this in an interview with F-150 engineering manager Dawn Piechocki, who told us that no 2021 model would come with dual exhaust. And aside from the fact that Ford decided not to add dual exhaust to any of the new 2021 Ford F-150 models, it also dropped the 3.5L H.O. option for 2021, as it’s effectively been replaced by the all-new 3.5L PowerBoost hybrid."
Thanks for the info... As I suspected no HO EcoBoost... Weak move IMHO... expect a re-worked mill from the 3 liter Aviator so I would imagine ~520 HP and ~640 ft. pounds torque.

Too bad as the HO 3.5 was a great engine.

Chadillac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang GT, Mazda 3
Occupation
Nurse
Oh that’s wild... so they’re implying powerboost is the base engine for Raptor? I know it will be powerful but wonder what the weight difference is compared to the 3.5HO? Also wonder about water fording a hybrid Raptor. Seems a little forward to make the hybrid standard on some models. Il
Very interested to hear more

OP
OP

nikonmansocal

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
The new Raptor will come with the 5.2L supercharged mill from the Mustang GT500 to compete with the new Ram TRX. The best non-hybrid engine in terms of power will most likely be the 5.0 liter Coyote. The 3.5 liter EcoBoost V6, according to rumors, will be 'enhanced' but less than the current HO version.
Sponsored