Sponsored

2021 F-150 XLT Sport Tire Upgrade

shweatymaf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT Sport
Hello,

I currently have a 2021 F-150 XLT Sport with the 18" Sport wheels. I have been trying to find someone who has upgraded the stock tires to around 33 inches or so but I am having no luck. I figured that it may be tough to find someone who has done this since aftermarket wheels seemed to be preferred by a lot of people. If I had the 20" wheels then I would definitely upgrade just the tires since I like the look of all of the 20" stock wheels that Ford uses.

Basically all of this is to help me decide on keeping the stock wheels and upgrading the tires to around 33" or buying aftermarket wheels and tires. That does come with a much larger price but most of the time is does look better IMO.

If anyone has any thoughts or pictures that would be awesome! Thank you!

Ford F-150 2021 F-150 XLT Sport Tire Upgrade IMG_1466
Sponsored

Tizzzo

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lead Foot Gray XLT 5.0 Supercrew 4x4
Occupation
Veteran
There are a few people on the stock wheel/aftermarket tire thread with beefier tires on the sport 18 wheels, you should check out that thread.

Tizzzo

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Veteran
I had no idea that forum existed but I am looking at it now. Thank you so much!! You rock!
No problem! I actually like the sport 18inch wheels and will be keeping them on my truck as well. Just going to black them out and run a 34inch tire (y)

Sponsored

OP
OP
shweatymaf

shweatymaf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT Sport
No problem! I actually like the sport 18inch wheels and will be keeping them on my truck as well. Just going to black them out and run a 34inch tire (y)
Blacking them out is definitely something I would like to do down the road as well. I think blacked out with bigger tires would look amazing.

I am very new to leveling and lift kits and tire specs. I would like to get a leveling kit and large enough tires where it won't rub but fills out the wheel well better.

I just need to figure out if the 33" tires with a leveling kit on the front would be enough or if I would need to level front and rear. I honestly have no idea how it works so I don't even want to pretend I do.

Tizzzo

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Veteran
Blacking them out is definitely something I would like to do down the road as well. I think blacked out with bigger tires would look amazing.

I am very new to leveling and lift kits and tire specs. I would like to get a leveling kit and large enough tires where it won't rub but fills out the wheel well better.

I just need to figure out if the 33" tires with a leveling kit on the front would be enough or if I would need to level front and rear. I honestly have no idea how it works so I don't even want to pretend I do.
I've seen some guys on here with the blacked out wheels and it looks great! Just slap on bigger tires and level and its good to go! So to level you would basically just need to raise the front end a bit, nothing needed on the rear. Most people just get puck style spacers installed which just lifts the front end to get a more leveled stance. You can go 2inch, 2.25, 2.5 inch etc. depending on how level you want it. People have gone all the way up to 295/70/18 (34.3 inch tires) which is probably the biggest size you can get away with, without having any rub. If that's over kill than you can do 285/70/18 (33.7 inch tires) or just 275/70/18 which is 33 inch tires but might look like there's room for bigger tires.

OP
OP
shweatymaf

shweatymaf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT Sport
I've seen some guys on here with the blacked out wheels and it looks great! Just slap on bigger tires and level and its good to go! So to level you would basically just need to raise the front end a bit, nothing needed on the rear. Most people just get puck style spacers installed which just lifts the front end to get a more leveled stance. You can go 2inch, 2.25, 2.5 inch etc. depending on how level you want it. People have gone all the way up to 295/70/18 (34.3 inch tires) which is probably the biggest size you can get away with, without having any rub. If that's over kill than you can do 285/70/18 (33.7 inch tires) or just 275/70/18 which is 33 inch tires but might look like there's room for bigger tires.
After looking at the pictures with the 275/70/18 and the 295/70/18 I think the 295 fills it out better but since I was looking at a 2" leveling kit I think the 285 may be the perfect tire size for the amount of gap I like. Don't want there to be too much gap or too little and the 2.25" level with the 295 seemed a little too close for comfort lol. However, it does look fantastic.

Thank you very much for all of your help. This is my first post here and was not expecting to receive as much help as I did but I really appreciate it. Thank you again!

OP
OP
shweatymaf

shweatymaf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT Sport
After looking at the pictures with the 275/70/18 and the 295/70/18 I think the 295 fills it out better but since I was looking at a 2" leveling kit I think the 285 may be the perfect tire size for the amount of gap I like. Don't want there to be too much gap or too little and the 2.25" level with the 295 seemed a little too close for comfort lol. However, it does look fantastic.

Thank you very much for all of your help. This is my first post here and was not expecting to receive as much help as I did but I really appreciate it. Thank you again!
Well it looks like 285/70/18 is a more difficult tire size to find than the 275 or 295 variant. Hmmm... well I will keep looking and see what I can find. Maybe the 275 will be a safer bet but the 295 sure does look appealing.

Tizzzo

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Veteran

Not a problem! And yes that's the issue I'm stuck in as well, for now only nitto makes the 285/70/18 size which sucks because I love the look of the BF Goodrich KO2s and wish they made that size. So its either step up in size or down in size, decisions decisions lol.
Sponsored