Sponsored

spitteler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT
Apologies if this has been asked and answered already but will the tow mirrors be available to buy/install aftermarket? I got a KR but didn’t want to pay the extra $s for the tow package required for the tow mirrors as I don’t plan on doing much towing outside of small utility & boat trailers. I’m kind of regretting that decision now. I’ll have the 360 camera standard mirrors but would really like to swap those out eventually down the line.
I spoke with my dealer today and they can not even get a part number on this to order. I got mine from a dealer to dealer transfer and this is one of the last upgrades I am missing.
Sponsored

spitteler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT
They are included in my contract with the dealer, so they can eat that $1,500 a piece :) I will follow up with them to make sure they are on order now.

Reactions: Dan

Donnelly713

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
anyone with XLT unhappy with their decision to get the tow mirrors? not being powered seems like it would cause issues on a weekly basis...

Dan

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Construction
I don’t know if you all have seen these yet. Here are a few pics of the 2021 F-150 with tow mirrors. I know a lot of you guys have this option on your build.

These are on an XLT Sport and what looks like a standard Lariat with the SuperCrew and the 6.5 foot bed.

DF38AFE2-CBAF-474B-8893-A6A8EF6E147C.jpeg

5925D88B-2945-4E03-8AF2-F6B03D56F362.jpeg

CCCDE33C-8A60-4125-B708-E398BE962998.jpeg
First 2 pictures are the XLT and the third is the lariat.

Sponsored

M4X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat "Sport" FX4
JFYI 2017+ Superduty mirrors will fit just fine, I test fitted them myself in another thread. You WILL need to do some minor trimming to part of the mirrors mounting surface (on the mirror itself not the truck) to keep it from eating into your window seal, but it will work just fine.

You can grab a pair of these aftermarket for about $375 give or take depending on what features you want.

They use the same 22 pin connectors as our trucks; however, I cannot confirm if the pin-out is the same so you may need to spend some time with a multimeter/repinning the mirror to get everything to work just right.

Dan

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Construction
anyone with XLT unhappy with their decision to get the tow mirrors? not being powered seems like it would cause issues on a weekly basis...
I love my mirrors and will only have the manually move them maybe 5 times this year. So power wasn't an issue for the mirrors. I can see much better then the car mirrors they are putting on the trucks.

Dan

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Construction
Apologies if this has been asked and answered already but will the tow mirrors be available to buy/install aftermarket? I got a KR but didn’t want to pay the extra $s for the tow package required for the tow mirrors as I don’t plan on doing much towing outside of small utility & boat trailers. I’m kind of regretting that decision now. I’ll have the 360 camera standard mirrors but would really like to swap those out eventually down the line.
You will be able to get aftermarket, it's still earlier in the year. By third quarter they be making the cheaper then dealer

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
When I had my 19 "Sieverado" about 1/4 of the time the passenger mirror didn't fold in when pressing the power button when the drivers did folder in and the dealers couldn't figure it out. I'll be happy to have manual mirrors going forward. I'm planning on the tow mirrors on my build which we'll use maybe 6-8x a year. Also, don't mind parking a little bit further away from the pack to not have to worry about it or I'll just manually fold them in.

Ford F-150 2021 F-150 with Tow Mirrors 1618653345289

Sponsored

davek22554

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
In my research apparently the 2017+ Superduty mirrors are the same for the F150. The problem is I have the 360 cameras, puddle lights and power retract and have not been able to find anyone that carries those. Any ideas??

RWATE

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
I found a parts kit for my VIN on the fordparts.com site. The part number is 17696. The cost is $1,600 for a pair. I am trying to convert my standard mirrors to these tow mirrors. My concern is that it includes all the features i presently have, which is the zone lights, heated, BLIS, power folding, 360 mirror... I am really trying to figure out how to learn if this kit has all those features. I just wish I knew how to find someone at ford who truly knew this. Any ideas?