First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 GC-Trailhawk V8, '21 Bronco Sport
Occupation
Beatnik
is this just a bad angle or do those headlights look like the XLT headlights?
It's a photo from a dealer selling this particular truck. Not my own.

discothan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Makes me wonder how hard it would be to order tow mirrors with 360 camera housing and try to convert my regular powered /360 camera mirror.

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
Makes me wonder how hard it would be to order tow mirrors with 360 camera housing and try to convert my regular powered /360 camera mirror.
In previous gen trucks, there were 2 types of wiring harnesses that had different number of pins on the molex connector. So you have to hope that your stock mirrors have the pin compatible connector so it activates all the features (like telescoping).

2nd problem will be the lack of the telescoping button in the door if you didn't get it from the factory. No idea if the mirrors give you that button you can pop out the dummy and wire up.

Sponsored

ricko24

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB
My apologies, but every photo from Ford that I have seen shows my Lariat Sport with tow mirrors and NO chrome cap. I’ll let you know when it gets here build date tomorrow ??
What color did you order? I have an Agate Black Lariat Sport with Tow Mirrors on order. I'm expecting no chrome on the tow mirrors.

TNKIRK

First Name
TERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 FORD F150 LARIAT SUPERCAB
Occupation
R V SALES

mrtrav

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Sport
What color did you order? I have an Agate Black Lariat Sport with Tow Mirrors on order. I'm expecting no chrome on the tow mirrors.
I have the same setup on order, fully expecting chrome skull caps on the mirrors. The B&P specifically states chrome skull caps, even if the pictures don't match. Once I get delivery I plan on either replacing the caps or getting them wrapped.

discothan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
In previous gen trucks, there were 2 types of wiring harnesses that had different number of pins on the molex connector. So you have to hope that your stock mirrors have the pin compatible connector so it activates all the features (like telescoping).

2nd problem will be the lack of the telescoping button in the door if you didn't get it from the factory. No idea if the mirrors give you that button you can pop out the dummy and wire up.

Are all the OPTIONED telescoping tow mirrors motorized? I can do without the motorized folding or telescoping.

Sponsored

discothan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Are all the OPTIONED telescoping tow mirrors motorized? I can do without the motorized folding or telescoping.
Just optioned it out manual tow mirrors with 360camera option.....

I also noticed that on the tow mirrors, the camera is on the stem and not part of the folding/telescoping arm.

Trailer Tow Mirrors - Manual-Folding, Manually Telescoping, Power Glass – Heat, Turn Signal, High-Intensity LED Security Approach Lamps, LED Sideview Mirror Spotlights and Black Skull Caps

ricko24

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB
Just optioned it out manual tow mirrors with 360camera option.....

I also noticed that on the tow mirrors, the camera is on the stem and not part of the folding/telescoping arm.

Trailer Tow Mirrors - Manual-Folding, Manually Telescoping, Power Glass – Heat, Turn Signal, High-Intensity LED Security Approach Lamps, LED Sideview Mirror Spotlights and Black Skull Caps
So that's on a XLT or lower trim. Lariat and higher are all power. So I can assume Sport on XLT or lower is black and Lariat and above will be chrome?

Reactions: Dan

ricko24

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB
I have the same setup on order, fully expecting chrome skull caps on the mirrors. The B&P specifically states chrome skull caps, even if the pictures don't match. Once I get delivery I plan on either replacing the caps or getting them wrapped.
I'll get them wrapped too but if you know of an actual aftermarket cap option I'd be interested.

mrtrav

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Sport
I'll get them wrapped too but if you know of an actual aftermarket cap option I'd be interested.
The XLT tow mirror caps are black, but since they are not powered I don’t know yet it they are the same size to swap and replace with.

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
There seem to be 2 types of tow mirrors: manual with black caps, power with chrome caps.

The type you get depends only on manual vs power, not sport vs chrome appearance or trim (though some are correlated)
Sponsored