Sponsored

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
Here are some photos of the F-150’s partitioned and lockable storage underneath the rear seat. It appears the partition is a 60/40 split aligning with how the seats pull up. Keep in mind, this storage area is also supposed to fold flat so the whole floorboard can be open.

Ford F-150 2021 F-150 underseat lock box bin 2021 F-150 underseat lock box bin 1

Ford F-150 2021 F-150 underseat lock box bin 2021 F-150 underseat lock box bin 2

Ford F-150 2021 F-150 underseat lock box bin 2021 F-150 underseat lock box bin 3
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

cali150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bimmer
Looks great, but I'm not a fan of the small lip that still remains after folding it "flat".

ZWARRIOR

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat 501A 2.7l
Occupation
Software Engineer
Looks like such a good place to store random maintenance tools and products for those who don't have a tool box on the bed/ bed cover... nice place to transport a firearm aswell.

PSA: Your car is not a safe, dont leave firearms overnight if you'd like to keep it for long.

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
I cannot for the life of me find that posting with the Pro Power photo showing it under the rear seat. I swear that it was small enough to fit behind the lockbox. If I am correct, it must be a cooling issue that prevents them both being present.

So, if it is partitioned, does both sides have to be up when opened. That is to say, could I have the rear passenger side up and the rear driver down? Is is all or nothing?

OP
OP
Knickell

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I cannot for the life of me find that posting with the Pro Power photo showing it under the rear seat. I swear that it was small enough to fit behind the lockbox. If I am correct, it must be a cooling issue that prevents them both being present.

So, if it is partitioned, does both sides have to be up when opened. That is to say, could I have the rear passenger side up and the rear driver down? Is is all or nothing?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Knickell

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Here it is again for reference. It looks like both could work, but you cannot do it in the build and price. It appears Ford has prohibited it for some reason with the gas only engines (5.0 V8 King Ranch).

To answer the question about half being up half being down, it looked to me like the whole compartment, or all flat.

Ford F-150 2021 F-150 underseat lock box bin F54FEEBF-A6B8-4A53-B6B5-8F968CFAB4E0

Ford F-150 2021 F-150 underseat lock box bin 08DD821B-898B-41A6-B36B-2BBC5BE82462

Ford F-150 2021 F-150 underseat lock box bin A51FC27B-77B1-4E56-8AB4-1DF9302C65F1

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I knew that Ford was not going to let buyers have both. I'm opting for a Powerboost, so mute point in my case. However, if you look at both photos, the lock box sits in front of the lower seat mount point covers and the Pro Power pack sits behind them up against the rear bulkhead. It isn't a 'no room' reason, in my opinon.

modstyle

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Touareg, VW CC, Toyota Tacoma
Occupation
Architect
So there’s two floor mats with the storage area and a proper single mat and logo without it? Or is this because of the trim?

Signed,
My OCD

Roger350

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Evo MR, 2015 Sonata Hybrid, 2007 Tahoe - Being Replaced by 2021 F-150
Occupation
Engineer
So there’s two floor mats with the storage area and a proper single mat and logo without it? Or is this because of the trim?

Signed,
My OCD
This is due to the trim. Single mats for the KR and up I believe.

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I had to cancel my trip to the F150 event in Dallas. I would be curious as to how this is mounted in the cab. That is to say, if I wanted to take the storage out at some point, how hard is that going to be (that flat load floor could come in just as handy as the storage)? Can someone lift that tray liner and snap a pic?

If it screws into the lfloor through the carpet, I am going to go out on a limb and say two things are likely: #1 that the cab has the mounting points built into the floor no matter if you get the underseat storage or not. #2, if the mounting point are under that carpet, you will likely see the truck pop up used in the future with both the ProPower and the storage (installed after delivery).

Sponsored

Agashi25

First Name
Arban
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang GT PP CO
I had to cancel my trip to the F150 event in Dallas. I would be curious as to how this is mounted in the cab. That is to say, if I wanted to take the storage out at some point, how hard is that going to be (that flat load floor could come in just as handy as the storage)? Can someone lift that tray liner and snap a pic?

If it screws into the lfloor through the carpet, I am going to go out on a limb and say two things are likely: #1 that the cab has the mounting points built into the floor no matter if you get the underseat storage or not. #2, if the mounting point are under that carpet, you will likely see the truck pop up used in the future with both the ProPower and the storage (installed after delivery).
The storage can fold flat if you want so you’re able to fit large items in the back still.

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The storage can fold flat if you want so you’re able to fit large items in the back still.
Even folded down, you don't have a completely flat load floor. I doubt I would take it out, especially if it were a pain in the rear, but I was just curious if it would be possible/easy, should I have the need.

OP
OP
Knickell

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Even folded down, you don't have a completely flat load floor. I doubt I would take it out, especially if it were a pain in the rear, but I was just curious if it would be possible/easy, should I have the need.
You’re right, it doesn’t appear it will be completely flush after I saw it in person. Not sure if you can take it out. It looked pretty (at least meant to be) permanent.

Geerubb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
12 f150 fx4
Does anyone know if there will still be the "secret" storage behind the rear seats? If so, I think I'll do without the lockbox.

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Does anyone know if there will still be the "secret" storage behind the rear seats? If so, I think I'll do without the lockbox.
I don't want to spread false information, so I hope someone at a drive event can confirm this, but I believe I read that only the lower rear seat is foldable. There is no access to the rear bulkhead area (upper seat does not fold down).
Sponsored