Sponsored

2021+ F-150 Tremor Skid Plate Swap Parts

Bloomy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost Lariat
@Agate_5.0 Got part numbers for the factory bracket? (Or, tips on how to find them? I'm new to this game...)

w0014075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
@Agate_5.0 Got part numbers for the factory bracket? (Or, tips on how to find them? I'm new to this game...)
Working on that now with dealership. They are being a pain right now. Will post once i find out though.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Agate_5.0

Agate_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150
Not 100% on the tremor one, but for raptors it is HL3Z-6G079-C. If you look at the tremor diagrams, its under the splash and heat shields you'll find the diagram that shows #6g079, but I don't have the full number. I imagine it's the same part, but the # is probably different.

OP
OP
Agate_5.0

Agate_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150
Working on that now with dealership. They are being a pain right now. Will post once i find out though.
They're pretty much useless. I found vins and just searched it all myself....a lot faster. Most dealers didn't even want to help me out.

Skippy219

First Name
Skippy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT
What's up everybody.
New to the group, but thought I'd post up some info that I put together from swapping the Tremor Skid Plate to my Lariat 5.0.

I've posted about this on a few of the Facebook groups, but for those that are not part of these, figured I would share for as well.

Truck2.jpg
Parts are as follows:

Left/Right Valence Pieces -
ML3Z-17626-DA
ML3Z-17626-AB

Center Lower Bumper Piece -
ML3Z-8419-DAPTM (requires paint)

Center Lower Bumper Piece Bracket (Not required to make the swap work, but including to complete the list)
ML3Z-8419-A

Skid Plate -
ML3Z-5D032-B

Frame Brackets for forward plate mounts -
I used eBay special "raptor skid plate brackets" (Recommend painting these as they are cheaply coated and prone to rusting)

M6 Spring Clips - Used (2), but I would get a pack of 10
M6-1.0x25 Bolts - Used (4), but I would get a pack of 10
(2) of each of the above were used for mounting the rear of the plate to cross member, and the other (2) bolts were used on lower bumper piece

In order to complete the swap, you will need to remove the active air dam assembly from the truck. Also, to access all of the factory lower valence nuts, I would recommend removing all the fog light bolts to loosen those assemblies. Some of the nuts you can access from the backside of bumper some from fog light openings.

Copying @M4X post on the air dam removal as I did not take any photos during the process.
https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/removed-active-air-dam-from-my-f-150-diy-writeup.2246/

Still have access to removing the oil filter/etc as needed.

My truck is lifted (4" Zone Offroad kit), so I did have to modify the skid plate in order for it to fit above the cross member drop bracket (had to cut the belly of it)

Truck1.jpg

Thank you everyone, and Happy Modding!
I’m so completely loss was hoping you can help me out. I attached a photo of my truck. It seems to me that the skid plate would just mount right on after removing the air dam. But your instructions include other parts was think maybe your bumper was a bit different?

Ford F-150 2021+ F-150 Tremor Skid Plate Swap Parts 60356689-E726-45A9-9F6B-C685C2E57CC3

Skippy219

First Name
Skippy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT
Did you have the silver part above the skid plate painted or did you do it yourself?

can someone please clarify this for me. I must be an absolute idiot cause I can’t figure this out for the life of me since 5 days

w0014075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
can someone please clarify this for me. I must be an absolute idiot cause I can’t figure this out for the life of me since 5 days
I just had this done to my truck. Got it back yesterday from body shop, they did it for me. I'll be posting parts list soon. But yes, It's all the parts he listed in original post, plus I added the Ford OEM brackets, clips, and bolts needed.

Sponsored

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Not 100% on the tremor one, but for raptors it is HL3Z-6G079-C. If you look at the tremor diagrams, its under the splash and heat shields you'll find the diagram that shows #6g079, but I don't have the full number. I imagine it's the same part, but the # is probably different.
Ever since I came across this post a week or so ago, I am obsessed with doing this to my truck. lol

Did you ever verify the P/N for the factory brackets is this one? Getting ready to reach out to my contact at a dealer and have everything ordered to get this project going. I already have the Tremor rear bumper and dual exhaust......might as well Tremor out the front end to match.

OP
OP
Agate_5.0

Agate_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150
Ever since I came across this post a week or so ago, I am obsessed with doing this to my truck. lol

Did you ever verify the P/N for the factory brackets is this one? Getting ready to reach out to my contact at a dealer and have everything ordered to get this project going. I already have the Tremor rear bumper and dual exhaust......might as well Tremor out the front end to match.
I had not verified the brackets. I just re-coated the reps I bought and sourced new hardware. Looks like @w001475 got all OEM hardware though, so maybe he can chime in.