First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Tremor, 2012 Mustang GT
Am I missing something?

Screenshot_20210813-080650_Chrome.jpg
As Yeti mentioned, the 4.10 noted on the Torsen front diff option is referencing the torsen bias ratio, not the front axle ratio. The tremor will have 3.73 gearing through out.

From the Torsen:

if the TBR is 4:1, differentiation (or spin) will not happen unless your low-traction tire has less than a ¼ of the traction that the high-traction tire has.

LiquidGene

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 Lariat
As Yeti mentioned, the 4.10 noted on the Torsen front diff option is referencing the torsen bias ratio, not the front axle ratio. The tremor will have 3.73 gearing through out.

From the Torsen:

if the TBR is 4:1, differentiation (or spin) will not happen unless your low-traction tire has less than a ¼ of the traction that the high-traction tire has.
Ah I see, thanks for the explanation. From my understanding it will delay your order if you add it lol? As of it hasn't been delayed ?

Madeinchina

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ah I see, thanks for the explanation. From my understanding it will delay your order if you add it lol? As of it hasn't been delayed ?
A bunch of us on the forum have the 4.1 torsen on our orders. Build status is showing as unscheduled-clean which suggests that there is no material constraint on the build. And as Antimatter Tremor noted ford is already building front axles with torsen diffs. However thus far we're not seeing any VIN#s having been issued that includes the torsen front diff. So why Ford has chosen to not schedule these is anyone's guess.

During a call with Torsen on a separate topic I also asked about the late availability on these things noted by Ford. They confirmed there was no issue on their end regarding the production and delivery of components ordered from them by Ford.

Sponsored

Antimatter Tremor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A bunch of us on the forum have the 4.1 torsen on our orders. Build status is showing as unscheduled-clean which suggests that there is no material constraint on the build. And as Antimatter Tremor noted ford is already building front axles with torsen diffs. However thus far we're not seeing any VIN#s having been issued that includes the torsen front diff. So why Ford has chosen to not schedule these is anyone's guess.

During a call with Torsen on a separate topic I also asked about the late availability on these things noted by Ford. They confirmed there was no issue on their end regarding the production and delivery of components ordered from them by Ford.
That's not true. I have seen a couple of orders with it. They're not retail orders tho.

LiquidGene

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 Lariat

All of this no communication from ford is just gonna piss off loyal customers. Far as I'm concerned they should of just did wait list of people wanting to order in the order they come in to dealer. When they know for certian they can make them reach the dealer then can reach out to people die there fees. Instead have people prefer thousands of 2021 trucks that will lose a large chunk of is value son as it hits the driveway.... Sometimes communication is all that is needed to keep a loyal customer happy.

Antimatter Tremor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Gotcha, that's good to know. Just crawling forward inch by inch towards retail orders.

One of our members here who's dealer switched his order to a dealer stock order has it selected as an option. His truck is scheduled to be built first week of September

Sponsored

Madeinchina

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
One of our members here who's dealer switched his order to a dealer stock order has it selected as an option. His truck is scheduled to be built first week of September
Damn, played with fire and came out in good shape. I wonder if they went with auto start stop delete.

Just don't tell me its a Granger Ford order.

ChrisSandstorm

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Tremor, 2019 VW Atlas, 2001 Land Cruiser
Occupation
Healthcare IT
@ChrisSandstorm I placed deposit and ordered JUNE 16th, first day of Tremor orders, with priority10, and still no movement....

@Golf17 I did the same. 39 incoming within 50 miles of me. 402A, Trailer Tow, 2KW, Torsen are non negotiables. None had those four options.

@Yeti we can be Ram or 250 Bros? ;)

@Coolrain I'd buy a raptor with the 37s in a second if it towed 10K+. But for now I'm hoping for a Tremor I can mod (intake, throttle body, intercooler, charge pipes, down pipe, cats, full exhaust, and tune) to embarrass all the Raptor Dbags in my neighborhood who have never been in the dirt...because I'll do it.... :) Here's my desert runner... 6.4 hemi swap on 1 tons and 37s. :)
1628831971594.png
Nice Rubi!, I have a 2001 LandCruiser built as my desert rig. Its kind of a towny these days, need to get it out to the desert soon!

Last edited:

ChrisSandstorm

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Tremor, 2019 VW Atlas, 2001 Land Cruiser
Occupation
Healthcare IT
So I was only a month off from ordering when these were first available.. Wonder how many of you all there are that ordered ahead of me? Probably not as many that ordered their Broncos. I gotta believe if they have not built our Tremors by end of 2021 builds we would be getting a 2022 tremor as an offer?? I am also worried about my trade in value but in Colorado, you only pay the taxes on the difference in value, so as long as its close, I am trading my F-150 in.

On the 3.73s man that is pretty much right at the limit for gearing with 33's. If you ever decided to throw 35s on there, that would be a good time to swap gearing.

msbaylorbear

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Lariat, 2021 F150 Tremor - Oxford White
Damn, played with fire and came out in good shape. I wonder if they went with auto start stop delete.

Just don't tell me its a Granger Ford order.
I didn’t go with auto the start/stop delete, as it wasn’t mentioned when the dealer changed my order to stock.

IconicTremor

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Agate Black Tremor
Occupation
Healthcare IT/Property Management
So I was only a month off from ordering when these were first available.. Wonder how many of you all there are that ordered ahead of me? Probably not as many that ordered their Broncos. I gotta believe if they have not built our Tremors by end of 2021 builds we would be getting a 2022 tremor as an offer?? I am also worried about my trade in value but in Colorado, you only pay the taxes on the difference in value, so as long as its close, I am trading my F-150 in.

On the 3.73s man that is pretty much right at the limit for gearing with 33's. If you ever decided to throw 35s on there, that would be a good time to swap gearing.
I ordered on July 6th.

401A Torsen, Moonroof, B&O, Spray in Liner, Work Surface, Tow Tech Pkg w/ 360 Camera, and Sliding Rear Glass.

Added on the start stop delete at a later date.
Sponsored