Sponsored

Antimatter Tremor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I wouldn't be too worried, I got priority 10 with my dealership even after I had to go to the dealer three separate times between June 20th and July 4th - I don't think the order ended up going in until around July 6th.

I'll just be happy if the process is smoother than my old bronco order.

Priority 10 is as low as the dealer can assign for customer orders- 10-19. 01--09 is given out by Ford and has to be done by a zone manager or higher up.

With special orders like Tremor and Raptor, the early ones will get picked up if there's not many at that dealer. I believe I'm the only one with a Tremor on order at my dealer as of right now. I know I was the 1st one anyway. I'm Priority 12 as of right now
Sponsored

IconicTremor

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Agate Black Tremor
Occupation
Healthcare IT/Property Management
I’m priority 11 at my dealer and the one of two Tremors ordered. I was actually the first to go in.

Im anxious to get my VIN but really just hoping we start seeing images of production trucks soon in different colors. I’d also like to see a real photo of the 401a interior which is what I went with.

msbaylorbear

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Lariat, 2021 F150 Tremor - Oxford White
Currently, I have my 06/17 Tremor 402A ordered with Unscheduled - Clean, priority 19. I asked my dealer to add the Torsen. I left it off my original order to speed up the process. Hopefully, it doesn't backfire!

Last edited:

Sponsored

BatmanTremor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered F-150 Tremor
I've ordered mine on 7/6 with 402a and priority 10. I am unscheduled clean but the performance couldn't verify my priority code for some reason. I am still a bit new to Truck and have no idea what Torsen is (other than what I learned from youtube) but is it a necessity if you plan on using the truck for daily driving and sometimes off-roading?

Madeinchina

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Tremor, 2012 Mustang GT
I've ordered mine on 7/6 with 402a and priority 10. I am unscheduled clean but the performance couldn't verify my priority code for some reason. I am still a bit new to Truck and have no idea what Torsen is (other than what I learned from youtube) but is it a necessity if you plan on using the truck for daily driving and sometimes off-roading?
The short answer is no, you probably wont need it. The Tremor has plenty of standard equipment that will get you through bad weather conditions, and the vast vast majority of off road conditions people take full size pickups to.

The torsen is unique in that it offers advantages over other popular differentials such as LSD and locker diffs. A torsen diff will function as a open differential when driving in high traction conditions, then lock up instantly when one wheel begins to slip. Where as say the LSD will always be working and wearing on itself and will allow some slip before locking up, and a locker diff is typically locked manually. The torsen technology has been around for quite some time now and is proven. I dont know the details behind why its not more widely adopted by truck makers though.

From a cost benefit standpoint, youre paying for a very neat gizmo that will allow the truck to pull the front axle out of deep sand / mud / snow situations. If you were to buy this torsen diff from ford performance, it would cost about $450-500, then labor would cost you another $500-600. So getting it for $500 upfront is quite a good price.

BatmanTremor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered F-150 Tremor
The short answer is no, you probably wont need it. The Tremor has plenty of standard equipment that will get you through bad weather conditions, and the vast vast majority of off road conditions people take full size pickups to.

The torsen is unique in that it offers advantages over other popular differentials such as LSD and locker diffs. A torsen diff will function as a open differential when driving in high traction conditions, then lock up instantly when one wheel begins to slip. Where as say the LSD will always be working and wearing on itself and will allow some slip before locking up, and a locker diff is typically locked manually. The torsen technology has been around for quite some time now and is proven. I dont know the details behind why its not more widely adopted by truck makers though.

From a cost benefit standpoint, youre paying for a very neat gizmo that will allow the truck to pull the front axle out of deep sand / mud / snow situations. If you were to buy this torsen diff from ford performance, it would cost about $450-500, then labor would cost you another $500-600. So getting it for $500 upfront is quite a good price.
Thank you for the info. Calling my dealer tomorrow to add Torsen :)

IconicTremor

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Agate Black Tremor
Occupation
Healthcare IT/Property Management

Is it also true that this is a lower maintenance part long term? In my research that seems to be a suggested PRO

Sponsored

Golf17

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Tremmaaahhh
Occupation
Pilot
Thursday is traditionally VIN day. Fingers crossed.
Are you guys just bothering your dealer to see if there’s a VIN? I’m guessing granger is probably actively checking for everyone, where I doubt my dealer is. Figured I’d wait till someone post they have one here and then call mine!

Madeinchina

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Tremor, 2012 Mustang GT
Is it also true that this is a lower maintenance part long term? In my research that seems to be a suggested PRO
This is correct. In typical LSD designs the clutch plates can press together to tighten even when the diff doesn't lock up. This eventually wears out the plates over many miles of driving and eventually the clutch plates should be replaced. The torsen on the other hand functions as a open diff when both wheels have traction, so daily driving is not going to wear it down. Only lubrication is needed.

Antimatter Tremor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Are you guys just bothering your dealer to see if there’s a VIN? I’m guessing granger is probably actively checking for everyone, where I doubt my dealer is. Figured I’d wait till someone post they have one here and then call mine!
Just got a text from my buddy (owns dealership I deal with) that he thinks I will have a Vin# for my XLT order today (6/16 order KC truck) Same with another buddy of mine who ordered on 6/17 from him(his truck could be DTP or KC build)

I asked him about Tremor order (ordered 6/18) and he said he hasn't heard anything about it yet

This is correct. In typical LSD designs the clutch plates can press together to tighten even when the diff doesn't lock up. This eventually wears out the plates over many miles of driving and eventually the clutch plates should be replaced. The torsen on the other hand functions as a open diff when both wheels have traction, so daily driving is not going to wear it down. Only lubrication is needed.
Torsen is a lot stronger than the standard diff too. They also get put in the GT500,GT350, and Raptor obviously. They were also used in the Boss302.

gb1194

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
Nuke Plant Operator
So, would you receive an email if your VIN has been created or would you have to call to find out?
Thursday is traditionally VIN day. Fingers crossed.
Sponsored