Sponsored

Midwest04

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC Sierra AT4; Ford Tremor AMB on order!
Time to settle back in and wait till March I guess. Just received a call about the truck I was going to go see, they just sold it for $5K over MSRP. :rolleyes:
Let them overpay. In 18 months it will be "Truck Month" again and we will be back to the world of leases with incentives. They actually sold the one I looked at in Michigan over sticker which is outrageous.
Sponsored

pkinneb

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 & 2018 MX5's, 2021 F150 PB Platinum
Time to settle back in and wait till March I guess. Just received a call about the truck I was going to go see, they just sold it for $5K over MSRP. :rolleyes:
For a $10/$12K swing I could wait quite awhile LOL

IconicTremor

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Agate Black Tremor
Occupation
Healthcare IT/Property Management
I'm not confident that mine is even going to happen at this point and I am scheduled. I don't mean to diminish the frustration for those of you who are receiving these calls or unscheduled at this point. It just seems like everything is going to hell in a handbasket with COVID again, closures, shortages, etc. I don't know what to do.

Still tempted to jump on the 402a's that are coming in locally in Agate Black. They do not have Torsen but at this point I'm willing to give that up.

BA73

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Tremor
Occupation
Construction
I'm not confident that mine is even going to happen at this point and I am scheduled. I don't mean to diminish the frustration for those of you who are receiving these calls or unscheduled at this point. It just seems like everything is going to hell in a handbasket with COVID again, closures, shortages, etc. I don't know what to do.

Still tempted to jump on the 402a's that are coming in locally in Agate Black. They do not have Torsen but at this point I'm willing to give that up.
Agreed Bud, I'm not even being picky about color at this point. I'm looking for five options total, including Torsen. Out of the 57 remaining dealer-ordered Tremors coming into AZ (none with Torsen), only two have my remaining four non-negotiables.
-Tow Package
-2KW
-Moonroof
-Sound System

One sold today for $5k over MSRP, the other is scheduled to land in two weeks, and that dealer already told me they will not be honoring X-Plan.

At this point, I'm even looking for a Lariat FX4 3.5 Ecoboost with those four options (sub tow package for max tow package, still $2k less and tows 13,900 vs 10,900), and out of the 100+ incoming 3.5 Lariats, not a single one has these four options.

I really wish Ford would let you search nation wide, I have to feel like our ideal specs are out there, just not landing locally.

If you find a build that has your non-negotiables, at MSRP or under, might be worth jumping all over it.

X-plan on my build is $65230. The one that went $5K over today went for $76160. So yeah, that's a swing of $11K. We're talking nearly 20% the price of the truck.

Yeti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Ether Graboid
Agreed. I will wait for a difference of $5-7K. While on the phone yesterday with the salesman at this dealership he said he did a nationwide search, and there was not a single built/incoming Tremor with Torsen yet.

If I'm not mistaken, a few of the folks who did receive VINs/build dates for Oct a few weeks back, did have the torsen box checked, so hopefully they will start coming soon.
That's not accurate.
There is one inbound that is due to land at the dealership near me, 9/16. For MSRP, they can keep it, enjoy their single sale and never get my business again.

Sponsored

Yeti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Ether Graboid
The truck fits my needs perfectly too. Ford might lose me to the new Tundra depending on the specs it'll have. I really like idea of the 5 link coil rear suspension. The only thing might keep me with the Tremor is the Torsen, although there is a rumor that the Tundra will come with front and rear lockers. Hopefully my Tremor gets built so I'm not tempted by the Toyota. haha
If Toyota offered a more compelling engine (diesel), F/R lockers and 500 pounds more payload, I would have to look at it after what I'm seeing with Ford and many of their dealers.

Kenn

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Lariat
There is one inbound that is due to land at the dealership near me, 9/16. For MSRP, they can keep it, enjoy their single sale and never get my business again.

I don't begrudge the MSRP or MSRP+ because those guys aren't doing great through all this. I wouldn't want to be a car salesman with an empty lot and no clear estimate of when any special order might arrive.

Yeti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Ether Graboid

I don't begrudge the MSRP or MSRP+ because those guys aren't doing great through all this. I wouldn't want to be a car salesman with an empty lot and no clear estimate of when any special order might arrive.
Yeah, I get your point. There are two sides to it. 1. let's gouge while we can. If someone chooses to buy at a artificially inflated price, they should be able to have that opportunity. 2. As a consumer, I'm not likely to forget the same gouging. especially when the dealership doesn't loose money when selling an X package.

After speaking with a couple different dealerships, some are licking their chops stating "we'll never go back to under MSRP", others are there to make money without fleecing their customer and looking at the long game. My personal preference is to do business with the later.

Oxford_Powerboost

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 5.0
Yeah, I get your point. There are two sides to it. 1. let's gouge while we can. If someone chooses to buy at a artificially inflated price, they should be able to have that opportunity. 2. As a consumer, I'm not likely to forget the same gouging. especially when the dealership doesn't loose money when selling an X package.

After speaking with a couple different dealerships, some are licking their chops stating "we'll never go back to under MSRP", others are there to make money without fleecing their customer and looking at the long game. My personal preference is to do business with the later.
Yeah. I ordered mine from Chapman because they are up front and honest and giving a great deal…and for that, they can expect me to continue buying from them in the future, and they can expect me to tell others to look their way. I’ll remember them, and I’ll remember the ones that laughed me out of the showroom for even talking about MSRP…

Midwest04

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yeah. I ordered mine from Chapman because they are up front and honest and giving a great deal…and for that, they can expect me to continue buying from them in the future, and they can expect me to tell others to look their way. I’ll remember them, and I’ll remember the ones that laughed me out of the showroom for even talking about MSRP…
Living in Metro Detroit, I see the cycle of what used to be the "Big 3" again and again. They gorge themselves on profit when they can, then overspend and overproduce, and then suddenly, a year later, they have 120 days of inventory and everything goes on sale. It just so happens that we have a confluence of things making this particular trip to the feeding trough such that some are being dicks and like you said laughing people out of dealerships. 2 years from now they are the same ones selling 10k under msrp to meet their monthly sales quota. Its just a really bad time to be a buyer and the autos are fat on the pandemic money and sales.

Sponsored

IconicTremor

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Agate Black Tremor
Occupation
Healthcare IT/Property Management
Guess I'm going to keep waiting...called one of the dealerships local to me today who got a 402A in Antimatter in. When I inquired with their sales team a week ago before it arrived they said they'd sell at MSRP (on the phone, no writing). Today I call the salesmen only to hear "I'm going to have my sales manager call you here in a bit". Because I'm not trading in with them, not local and probably unable to do my maintenance with them, they said the best they could do is 2500 over MSRP on the truck because "no other dealer near us has one of these". I interrupted him, thanked him for his time, and hung up.

The other dealership near St. Louis verbally stated MSRP but my guess is that will change when they arrive.

SavageCarl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'13 F150 FX4, 2020 Yukon, 202? F150 Tremor
Agreed Bud, I'm not even being picky about color at this point. I'm looking for five options total, including Torsen. Out of the 57 remaining dealer-ordered Tremors coming into AZ (none with Torsen), only two have my remaining four non-negotiables.
-Tow Package
-2KW
-Moonroof
-Sound System

One sold today for $5k over MSRP, the other is scheduled to land in two weeks, and that dealer already told me they will not be honoring X-Plan.

At this point, I'm even looking for a Lariat FX4 3.5 Ecoboost with those four options (sub tow package for max tow package, still $2k less and tows 13,900 vs 10,900), and out of the 100+ incoming 3.5 Lariats, not a single one has these four options.

I really wish Ford would let you search nation wide, I have to feel like our ideal specs are out there, just not landing locally.

If you find a build that has your non-negotiables, at MSRP or under, might be worth jumping all over it.

X-plan on my build is $65230. The one that went $5K over today went for $76160. So yeah, that's a swing of $11K. We're talking nearly 20% the price of the truck.
cars.com has a nationwide search that you can filter. It seems pretty reliable: https://www.cars.com/shopping/resul...rd-f_150-tremor&year_max=&year_min=&zip=55378

Midwest04

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Guess I'm going to keep waiting...called one of the dealerships local to me today who got a 402A in Antimatter in. When I inquired with their sales team a week ago before it arrived they said they'd sell at MSRP (on the phone, no writing). Today I call the salesmen only to hear "I'm going to have my sales manager call you here in a bit". Because I'm not trading in with them, not local and probably unable to do my maintenance with them, they said the best they could do is 2500 over MSRP on the truck because "no other dealer near us has one of these". I interrupted him, thanked him for his time, and hung up.

The other dealership near St. Louis verbally stated MSRP but my guess is that will change when they arrive.
F all of them.

segev2110

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F250 KR
cars.com has a nationwide search that you can filter. It seems pretty reliable: https://www.cars.com/shopping/resul...rd-f_150-tremor&year_max=&year_min=&zip=55378
I second this. Found a truck near me coming in October at a better deal than my order.

My question is, is the $500 deposit I put down along with a text from the salesman showing VIN and agreed upon price enough to actually secure this deal for me? Or should I be worried that they’ll jack up the price or sell it to someone else for more money given the opportunity?

unscheduled clean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150 tremor
I have been watching this thread for quite a while and just created an account. I put my order in on 7/13 and am still unscheduled. 402a unleashed antimatter blue 52x. I talk with my dealer on the weekly. My dealer is telling me that the 21 orders that don't get scheduled will get "automatically" moved to a 22, contrary to what I have read here. He also told me that I should be price protected. (no increase in cost due to newer model year). I'm also curious, Granger ford, are you Granger Iowa? I have been curious for quite some time. Thanks
Sponsored