Sponsored

serinjune

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Lariat 3.5L EB FX4
also interesting to see you can get the 2kw Pro-power with it. Now I wonder if it's possible to retrofit it on other F150's. I'm guessing it's probably not, but I can always dream!

Sergeant Gearhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford
also interesting to see you can get the 2kw Pro-power with it. Now I wonder if it's possible to retrofit it on other F150's. I'm guessing it's probably not, but I can always dream!
I'm guessing you probably can get the generator with the Tremor. If the Raptor is going to get it as an option, what's to say the Tremor can't as well?

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 5.0 Lariat
Would it be worthwhile to get a Tremor and then put aftermarket lift and bigger tires on it, or would it make more sense to just go with a "normal" F-150 if you're gonna do all that?

petemill

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 f-150 powerboost, '11 ford escape v6
Occupation
Software
You can get 2kw pro power onboard that on all other 2021 f-150 trims and engines too.

Coolrain

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Raptor
Would it be worthwhile to get a Tremor and then put aftermarket lift and bigger tires on it, or would it make more sense to just go with a "normal" F-150 if you're gonna do all that?
Same boat..... I'm thinking the drive modes, bash plates (not sure if its more than FX4?), electronic lock diff, upfitter switches do make it worthwhile.... anything factory added helps

serinjune

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Lariat 3.5L EB FX4
You can get 2kw pro power onboard that on all other 2021 f-150 trims and engines too.
Are you sure that's accurate? I know you can get the 2kw and 7.2 kw on the Powerboosts, but you're limited to 400w pro-power with the non-PB models. Since this card indicates the Tremor will be offered as an Ecoboost, I was pretty sure you couldn't get that engine and pro-power combo until now!

Wvmtneer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I would still go tremor, for 3.73 gears, front torsen differential, and raptor transfer case if you get a 402a.

Sponsored

petemill

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 f-150 powerboost, '11 ford escape v6
Occupation
Software
Are you sure that's accurate? I know you can get the 2kw and 7.2 kw on the Powerboosts, but you're limited to 400w pro-power with the non-PB models. Since this card indicates the Tremor will be offered as an Ecoboost, I was pretty sure you couldn't get that engine and pro-power combo until now!
Yes I'm sure. Powerboost has 2.4kw pro power with a 7kw option. All other engines have 400W non pro power with a 2kw pro power option. The inverter for that goes behind the back seat.

edit: to clarify the 400W standard outlets are not a generator setup, they are simply run straight from the 12v battery. The 2KW pro-power is a generator / inverter setup which uses the engine directly. The 2.4Kw and 7Kw Pro-power on the Powerboost is similar that it's powered by the gas engine but it can also be powered from the electric engine's (small) high voltage battery.

Last edited:

DaHealey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tacoma
I wonder if those upfitter switches will be available as a part later on. They look great.

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
The switches are already available in the Superduty and people have already figured out how to install them on the previous generation trucks. Unfortunately it's not as easy and more expensive than checking an option box.

If they're not going to offer it in single cabs, at least have an extended cab option for those that want reasonable bed space without a super long wheelbase.

I would have 100% gotten my truck in the Tremor if I could have, as it has everything that I want to add to my truck plus other bonuses. The dual exhaust and bumper is pretty cool!

Djlee1592

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Occupation
industrial mechanic
Really wish more models had the upfitter switches
I'm sure you'll be able to add them to regular f150s. I know people did before. Only caveat was that you needed the sliding rear window

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
Nice advert. So it seems the 400 and 401 will be your XL/STX Tremor, and the 402 will be your Lariat. Interesting...
Sponsored