Occupation
manager

Imtheweezel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX
Do you think the tremor will take the place
Of the outgoing raptor and the new raptor will be priced to compete with the trx, ie, around 100k. I don’t see Ford having a tremor and also a raptor with two engines.

OP
OP
Knickell

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
Of the outgoing raptor and the new raptor will be priced to compete with the trx, ie, around 100k. I don’t see Ford having a tremor and also a raptor with two engines.

I would not be surprised if a fully optioned, Gen. 14 Raptor clips $100K. Especially if they make the rumored special edition that will have the V8 Predator engine from the GT500 Mustang.

So the Tremor F-150 as its own trim line will slot pretty well in the F-150 hierarchy just above the Lariat and they likely won’t have any issue asking in the range of $60-$70 for them...

2017 Silver Lobo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 XLT and 1988 Mustang GT
Occupation
Machinist
Do we think the 3 specs would be similar to the raptor packages before with 800/801/802? My guess is the base tremor will have cloth seats and no 360 cameras and such. Pricing would then be an added 4k to the xlt basic build of the 302a. High trim at about 60k+ with cameras and leather and such. Then my guess is the base raptor gets bumped to 63k which is still less than base trx, with only the screw cab option and added tech/engine compared to outgoing model. Makes sense to have overlap of a base raptor and the high end tremor due to leather, cameras, tech and so forth added.
This seems logical , but I hope the Base would have the 360 camera seems that could be handy whilst wheeling. Not sure I would want leather in a trail rig anyways. Maybe it'll get the MGV interior like the Bronco. Anymore things that they can pull off the Bronco and apply it to an F-150 has me sold.

6.5' bed

Sponsored

2017 Silver Lobo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Machinist
The pricing that was released for the TRX is for the 1st edition at around $91k. I'd assume that there will be a base model to compete with the Raptor's price points also.

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum 3.0 Powerstroke
Occupation
Neonatal Respiratory Therapist
Let’s be honest, this tremor is kind of a mistake. I have a feeling more people will option to go for the truck they want an add the modifications themselves. I can get a platinum trim, with 3.0 diesel I want, with the luxurious interior I want, and then I can do tires and wheels myself, do a 2 inch fox coil over a leveling kit, add a raptor Dash plate, and I’m pretty much there ?

2017 Silver Lobo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Machinist
Let’s be honest, this tremor is kind of a mistake. I have a feeling more people will option to go for the truck they want an add the modifications themselves. I can get a platinum trim, with 3.0 diesel I want, with the luxurious interior I want, and then I can do tires and wheels myself, do a 2 inch fox coil over a leveling kit, add a raptor Dash plate, and I’m pretty much there ?
The cost you're talking about why not get a Raptor?

GABAR

First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150
I’m sure the Raptor will have features that one cannot get on the Tremor or any other F150.

Remember, the Raptor is also designed for high speed desert running and it also has the ability to do “everything“
that the Tremor can do.

The Raptor has a totally different suspension and it’s related parts, the chassis of the Raptor is different, and we all know that it’ll have a different powertrain. All of these differences, which the Tremor does not have, will increase the price of the Raptor.

With that being said, the Tremor will not be priced close to the Raptor because Ford knows this will hurt sales of the Raptor not to mention taking away from it’s cache in the market.

GABAR

First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150
How and why is it a mistake?

The R&D plus a factory warranty is worth it and these two things are what many people tend to ignore.

Yes, one can add the “aftermarket” parts you mentioned but then you’d have an aftermarket suspension that was not engineered from the factory to work with the F150, you won’t have the different drives modes for off road, you’ll more than likely void the factory warranty if you have any kind of problems during the warranty period, and after you pay for the suspension kit, wheels and tires, plus labor, the cost will more than likely exceed what one can get from the factory.

I know many people don’t care about the factory warranty when doing the stuff you mentioned bu to each his or her own.

Sponsored

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
How and why is it a mistake?

The R&D plus a factory warranty is worth it and these two things are what many people tend to ignore.

Yes, one can add the “aftermarket” parts you mentioned but then you’d have an aftermarket suspension that was not engineered from the factory to work with the F150, you won’t have the different drives modes for off road, you’ll more than likely void the factory warranty if you have any kind of problems during the warranty period, and after you pay for the suspension kit, wheels and tires, plus labor, the cost will more than likely exceed what one can get from the factory.

I know many people don’t care about the factory warranty when doing the stuff you mentioned bu to each his or her own.
It’s a mistake because I can build a better truck for the same money and actually get features on the higher end trims included. The FX4 already has the rock crawl mode, and the other two new add on ones for modes aren’t worth being locked into a lariat interior and eco boost engine. So yeah, they made a mistake by not making this a package to add on to a trim you want, but instead made it a trim. Fox coil over shocks/ leveling kit is better than the tuned Ford shocks anyway and provide better clearance too. The front LSD is basically the only thing you can’t put on a platinum yourself.

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
The cost you're talking about why not get a Raptor?
because I don’t want an eco boost. And raptors are insanely marked up. It’ll be a long time before you can get the new one at or below MSRP. Besides, the powerstroke will outlast any other engine the F150 has.

GABAR

First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150
because I don’t want an eco boost. And raptors are insanely marked up. It’ll be a long time before you can get the new one at or below MSRP. Besides, the powerstroke will outlast any other engine the F150 has.
Don’t you think you’re jumping the gun or getting ahead of yourself by saying that about the PowerStroke compared to the other F150 engines?

I mean, it’s only been available in the F150 for 2 year. Also, in no way shape or form is it related to the PowerStroke diesels in the SD lineup.

GABAR

First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150
It’s a mistake because I can build a better truck for the same money and actually get features on the higher end trims included. The FX4 already has the rock crawl mode, and the other two new add on ones for modes aren’t worth being locked into a lariat interior and eco boost engine. So yeah, they made a mistake by not making this a package to add on to a trim you want, but instead made it a trim. Fox coil over shocks/ leveling kit is better than the tuned Ford shocks anyway and provide better clearance too. The front LSD is basically the only thing you can’t put on a platinum yourself.
In no way shape or form can you make a better truck for cheaper via the aftermarket and at the same time, make it reliable and have a warranty.

You can only make a different truck.

With that being said, good luck with your build.
Sponsored