2021 F-150 Real Life Sightings

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
Thanks for the pics. Maybe Granger Ford can answer this. Can you get the folding shifter without the work surface option?
The general consensus is that the folding-down shifter is standard whether you get the work surface or not. Photos showing the interior without the surface seem to also indicate this.

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Principal at Granger Motors
Thanks for the pics. Maybe Granger Ford can answer this. Can you get the folding shifter without the work surface option?
No that is all part of the package...

Sponsored

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
@Granger Ford, I stand corrected. Seems like $165 would only cover the new lid assembly. So will the opening in the console still be there?

Just another thing that makes me think I need to see one in person before ordering. I don't sit all that far back, but damn I would be pissed if my arm sat on the plastic latch trim for the work space table.

Roger350

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Evo MR, 2015 Sonata Hybrid, 2007 Tahoe - Being Replaced by 2021 F-150
Occupation
Engineer
Thank you for the KR Interior pics! That looks tan and not burnt orange to me, so I'm happy I went with the KR!

And seeing the large chrome trim for the work station latch/handle confirms I'm glad I decided against the work station, I'm pretty sure my elbow would end up right on that hard plastic trim.

Thanks for all the pics and information, this is a great forum community. Can't wait until we start getting our trucks!

Sponsored

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
We (or maybe just I) am learning new things this week. I now feel much more confident in my decision to pursue a Platinum, as the KR's I have seen (chrome and not-chrome) so far are not for me. I think I may skip the work space option sure to loss of arm space and, if those are max recline, with that pillow-top seat, those are off the list too.

Roger350

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
I think I have learned some more about the King Ranch Front Seats, and I think there is a third seat style we have not seen yet, but my assumptions will be impossible to confirm until some KR 600A package trucks are built and seen by the public. The above pictures appear to be showing the Max Recline Seats. I think most of the other pictures/renderings that Ford has published either showed these same Max Recline Seats, or they showed the optional "Multi-Contour with Active Motion" seats that are part of the 601A package, or standard on the the Platinum and Limited. It think the base King Ranch (600A), if ordered without the optional Max Recline seats will have the seats from the Lariat, just using the Java/Tan leather. The cushioning is slightly different on the seat bottom and very different in the shoulder area. The Lariat seats do not look quite as plush, and do not have that look of a premium piece of furniture, they just look like regular high back car/truck seats. It's almost pushing me to change my order to get the Max Recline seats, but I hate the thought of an indefinite delay. And I do not want the 601A package, because of the electric running boards, so I'm pretty sure I'm going to have Lariat seat cushions in Java/Tan when I get my truck. A little disappointing, but I'm sure they'll be fine.

Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
Admin
First real life look at a white 2021 F-150 -- Star White, Oxford White or Space White. My guess is on Star White or Oxford White as Space White usually shows as a very light gray.

Ford F-150 2021 F-150 Real Life Sightings 2021 F-150 Oxford White, Space White, Star White

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
I think I have learned some more about the King Ranch Front Seats, and I think there is a third seat style we have not seen yet, but my assumptions will be impossible to confirm until some KR 600A package trucks are built and seen by the public. The above pictures appear to be showing the Max Recline Seats. I think most of the other pictures/renderings that Ford has published either showed these same Max Recline Seats, or they showed the optional "Multi-Contour with Active Motion" seats that are part of the 601A package, or standard on the the Platinum and Limited. It think the base King Ranch (600A), if ordered without the optional Max Recline seats will have the seats from the Lariat, just using the Java/Tan leather. The cushioning is slightly different on the seat bottom and very different in the shoulder area. The Lariat seats do not look quite as plush, and do not have that look of a premium piece of furniture, they just look like regular high back car/truck seats. It's almost pushing me to change my order to get the Max Recline seats, but I hate the thought of an indefinite delay. And I do not want the 601A package, because of the electric running boards, so I'm pretty sure I'm going to have Lariat seat cushions in Java/Tan when I get my truck. A little disappointing, but I'm sure they'll be fine.
I beleive this is a photo of the non-lay down seat in the KR. Doesn't seem to have that big upper wing.

Ford F-150 2021 F-150 Real Life Sightings 2021-ford-f-150_100750023_h

Ford F-150 2021 F-150 Real Life Sightings 2021 F-150 King Ranch Interior

Roger350

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
I am 99.9% sure those seats are the 601A Package Multi-Contour seats with motion/massage, because the cushions look identical to the pictures of the Platnium and Limited seats, and the multi-contour motion seats are standard on Platnium and Limited.

There is a chance that the standard 600A KR seats will have the same cushions, and just not have the motion / massage feature, but it is also possible that they will just give the 600A package trucks Lariat seats with Java/Tan leather.

I don't think we'll know until some 600A trucks are built.

But I think the above seats are the nicest looking, and most comfortable looking of all three styles, I'm just not willing to pony up for 601A and put up with electronic running boards to get them.

In second place on looks I'd put the max recline seats, and list the Lariat seats as 3rd place, looking just like regular high-back truck/car seats. But who knows, they may be the most comfortable to some people, including me, everyone likes a different feel, and right now all we have to go on are the appearance.
Sponsored