Sponsored

jfdube999

First Name
Jean-Francois
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum 4x4 FX4, 2020 Edge Titanium, 2019 Escape Ti, 2019 Mustang GT PP2
My truck has a scheduled production weekend of 2/1/2021. Last weekend the status screen showed a change in status to 'scheduled for production'. Looking at the status screen on Saturday I noticed that there is now a date under the title.
Scheduled for Prod
2/5/2021
with a delivery date remaining the same as last week
Delivery
Est.3/12/2021
Appears that there may be enough inventory for the current production rate.
Let us pray..
Sponsored

solarity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX
Statistically speaking, the XLT and Lariat trim are the two strongest sellers for Ford. They account the bulk of F-150 sales. I don't know the breakdown specifically, as it has been years since I was in the industry, but the dealer I ordered through said it was unlikely they would see another KR, Platty, or Limited come through unless it was customer ordered. They stock almost exclusively XLT and Lariat trims, as that is the bulk of their sales. As the XLT and (most) Lariats are produced in KC, it is a no-brainer that production was cut more steeply in Detroit.
We don't have a full understanding of what is directly impacted from the shortage. They most likely have some type of model that they follow to maximize profits/reduce losses. If that requires cutting back certain trims. Granted me and another Platinum order on another forum got pushed back a month from 2/1 to 3/1. Some guy with a KR got pushed back to mid March. The KR guy ordered his in November, while I ordered mine on 1/7.

spiritrider1

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 PB XLT Sport 4x4, 20 Mustang GT Conv.
Occupation
Aircraft Tech & Maintenance planner
We don't have a full understanding of what is directly impacted from the shortage. They most likely have some type of model that they follow to maximize profits/reduce losses. If that requires cutting back certain trims. Granted me and another Platinum order on another forum got pushed back a month from 2/1 to 3/1. Some guy with a KR got pushed back to mid March. The KR guy ordered his in November, while I ordered mine on 1/7.
I ordered my PowerBoost XLT on 1/16 but am thinking it didn't process until the following Monday, 1/18. From what I've read on this forum, the PowerBoosts are only built in Michigan. It's anyone's guess as to what production rates will be targeted for various trim levels but my bet is on volume. Whatever produces the most volume sales will get priority. I don't think custom orders are of great importance to Ford since they know we want a particular spec and have already placed deposits and most likely will wait for said vehicle - as frustrated as we may get.
I believe XLT's, Lariat's, and STX's will continue to march down the assembly line to fill dealer lots while higher trims and custom orders will be the ones placed on hold. But, that's just my 2 pennies! ...and hope I wrong!

solarity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX
I ordered my PowerBoost XLT on 1/16 but am thinking it didn't process until the following Monday, 1/18. From what I've read on this forum, the PowerBoosts are only built in Michigan. It's anyone's guess as to what production rates will be targeted for various trim levels but my bet is on volume. Whatever produces the most volume sales will get priority. I don't think custom orders are of great importance to Ford since they know we want a particular spec and have already placed deposits and most likely will wait for said vehicle - as frustrated as we may get.
I believe XLT's, Lariat's, and STX's will continue to march down the assembly line to fill dealer lots while higher trims and custom orders will be the ones placed on hold. But, that's just my 2 pennies! ...and hope I wrong!
While the XLT is their biggest seller, I see some XLTs that have been on the lot at my dealer for well a month and a half. The Plat they got in lasted about a week or two. I bet they account for what the dealer has on the lot. No reason to build and ship trucks that will sit on the lot, so I bet how many trucks on various lots is a big contributor.

From what I have read and experience, most people don't put a deposit down for an order. I know I didn't, though I do know some dealers might ask/require it. I don't see them putting custom orders on ice as most can always walk and that could be across the street to a Chevy or RAM dealership. Custom Orders are higher priority than a stock order. Here is a pretty cool page that goes into a lot of detail: https://blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/63667-ford-vehicle-ordering-scheduling-process/
Sponsored