Sponsored

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
On the RAM forums there are dealers that are "online friendly" in that they are large volume dealers and don't give issues to people looking to factory order a vehicle near/below invoice pricing. Are there any recommended dealers on here?

How common is it to get invoice or below invoice pricing?
It’s a pretty big thread to sift through, but here it is:

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/granger-ford-here-to-answer-your-questions.200/

Albert from Granger Ford in Granger, Iowa has been a staple of the F150gen14 forum for a while now, and several people have placed orders with them. Pricing for them is at or near invoice from what others had been saying.
Sponsored

Last edited:

spectre446

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler

jpmtz

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150
If anyone is interested, figured I would post what I paid for my 2021 Lariat...

Description_______MSRP: ________Invoice:

Base Price___________$50980_________$47667

Delivery______________1695____________1695

501A_________________1270____________1155

Quartz________________510_____________464

3.5 Ecoboost__________400____________1274

3.55 locking___________470_____________427

Moonroof____________1495____________1361

Tow Package_________1090_____________992

Power Tailgate________695_____________633

36 gallon tank________445_____________405

FX4__________________1005_____________914

Bucket Seats_________650______________592

Chrome appear______1695____________1543

Chrome discount____-750____________ -683

Total_____________$62650__________$58439

I paid $54516

*$1500 of which was incentives*

jpmtz

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150
Other threads have suggested showing the online "Build Price" to dealers and point blank saying that they'd pay $1000 under Ford's invoice price... (a deal or not deal kind of offer) You, however, were able to get $2,423 under invoice (before $1,500 incentive) is that about right? Thanks, for the info, I plan on making an offer soon...

Sponsored

WXMANNY

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Power boost
Occupation
Meteorology
Other threads have suggested showing the online "Build Price" to dealers and point blank saying that they'd pay $1000 under Ford's invoice price... (a deal or not deal kind of offer) You, however, were able to get $2,423 under invoice (before $1,500 incentive) is that about right? Thanks, for the info, I plan on making an offer soon...
what dealership are you working with. I have invoice with xplan on a order.

Inshore97

First Name
BOB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Honda Pilot, 2015 Genesis 3.8bSWD
I am floored by the dealers in NC. I spoke with 3 and all will not go below invoice. I may need to join those going to granger, at the point it looks to be a good Truck, but not willing to pay above invoice. I want a fair deal, invoice is not a fair deal.

Anyone know of any dealers looking to negotiate in NC or near NC or are they all looking to overprice a depreciating asset. Sorry just disappointed in the arrogance of the dealers... I get supply and demand but the time will come they will need to reduce.

GABAR

First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150
I am floored by the dealers in NC. I spoke with 3 and all will not go below invoice. I may need to join those going to granger, at the point it looks to be a good Truck, but not willing to pay above invoice. I want a fair deal, invoice is not a fair deal.

Anyone know of any dealers looking to negotiate in NC or near NC or are they all looking to overprice a depreciating asset. Sorry just disappointed in the arrogance of the dealers... I get supply and demand but the time will come they will need to reduce.
There’s no need for dealers to discount the new F150 when demand is high and inventory is at best okay.

The same applies to special ordered vehicles.

With that being said, try Costco or Mullinax Ford in Mobile Alabama.

Boosted0407

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Tacoma TRD Offroad, 2016 BMW 340i, 2018 BMW X1
Yes, that’s pretty accurate. I got my deal from Cowles Ford in Virginia. Truth be told, I requested a “Wow Price” in the off hours and their auto-reply system sent me a price that seemed too low. When I called, the salesperson said they couldn’t sell for that price. Took me a day of emails and calls to get them to honor the wow price, which is what I eventually paid.

To the point others made on here, no one has a lot of these sitting unsold. Cowles had 2 in stock for less than a week and I bought one, the Lariat. The other was an XLT Sport Appearance.

I would definitely try to get a similar deal though. Worst case, it’s a starting point and they meet you in the middle at $1k under invoice.

Broccoli Rob

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Fusion Titanium Hybrid

There’s no need for dealers to discount the new F150 when demand is high and inventory is at best okay.

The same applies to special ordered vehicles.

With that being said, try Costco or Mullinax Ford in Mobile Alabama.
I went to two different dealers in VA Beach.

First I went to Beach Ford, presented the price sheet from Granger (thanks Albert!) and asked them to match it, and the manager told me that he simply couldn't go below invoice price.

So then I went to Priority Ford, and did the same thing. I had the price guide in my back pocket (thanks to this forum) so that I could quote itemized invoice prices if I needed. I didn't even have to haggle though. They matched the price after a single phone call and email, the only difference being the larger doc fee than Granger, but that was outweighed by the cost to fly out to Iowa and drive back, as well as building a relationship with a local dealer (again, thank you for that Albert!)

Some dealers realize that more money, once, up front, isn't as good as a little less money now for greater return down the road.

Sponsored

Lorianne2004

First Name
Lori Anne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I went to two different dealers in VA Beach.

First I went to Beach Ford, presented the price sheet from Granger (thanks Albert!) and asked them to match it, and the manager told me that he simply couldn't go below invoice price.

So then I went to Priority Ford, and did the same thing. I had the price guide in my back pocket (thanks to this forum) so that I could quote itemized invoice prices if I needed. I didn't even have to haggle though. They matched the price after a single phone call and email, the only difference being the larger doc fee than Granger, but that was outweighed by the cost to fly out to Iowa and drive back, as well as building a relationship with a local dealer (again, thank you for that Albert!)

Some dealers realize that more money, once, up front, isn't as good as a little less money now for greater return down the road.
Can you share the name of the person you worked with at Priority? I'm trying to purchase an F-150 in Virginia and might look them up!

Donnelly713

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT

Capital in Charlotte offered half their holdback today 3/27

jwman23

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
A dealer holdback is an amount that auto manufacturers provide to auto dealers for each new vehicle that is sold. The holdback is usually a percentage of the invoice price or the manufacturer's suggested retail price, or MSRP. A typical holdback is 2 percent to 3 percent of the MSRP.

To answer the second part, if a dealer won't budge, walk out. There are other Ford dealers that will. Having said that, right now we're in a supply and demand situation. Dearships can't keep these on their lot for very long because they sell themselves. Dealers don't need to wheel and deal right now. Once they start coming in on a daily basis, that will change.
As a follow-up question, are holdbacks still applicable in the "build your own" Ford purchase? The holdback is generally provided in a situation where the dealer finances its purchase from the manufacturer and holds the inventory on its lot. In the case of the "build your own," the dealer essentially has no inventory risk. Do they still pay a mark-up to acquire the vehicle and then get reimbursed via the holdback mechanism? The reason for the question is driven by trying to negotiate a holdback in a build your own F-150 scenario.

jpmtz

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150
Hey JW,
I'll just say this... I started with a PDF from Ford's "Build and Price" website. Got a quote from Granger, and used that number when I sent the same PDF to about 20 other dealers near and far. Some will respond, some won't. You'll have to go back and forth with them as they try to figure you out... Just make your inquiries serious... WATCH THIS VIDEO AND, as many of their videos as you can, they cover Hold-back and a whole lot more. Know what you want (and price you'll pay) before actually sitting down with a salesperson.

It took me nearly two months and over fifty emails of back and forth until I felt satisfied that I reached the very with bottom dollar. I only personally met with two dealers, one last friday and another today; AND PUT MY MONEY DOWN! (This forum generally will say 1-1.5k under invoice is a fair deal.) All my computer screen time paid off very well $2,837.

Ford's "Build and Price" MSRP was $46,230, and I signed for $40,500.
GOOD LUCK!
Sponsored