First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
Just wanted to say hi and add what I've heard from my dealer about my order.

Order was placed Sept 17. Lariat 502A Screw, 3.5 eco.

No VIN in sight. The first update was in early November with a build date of 11/14. That date came and went.

The latest update is "any orders with a Max Trailer Tow package have not been built yet in Dearborn". They are doing them in a bulk batch and will be retooling the factory "soon" to do a run of Max Tows. That communication from the dealer was a few days ago.
Well first, welcome aboard!

Funny, mine was built 12 Nov at Dearborn and it has the Max Tow. I don't like dealers that are not truthful, just saying.
Sponsored

bgrohmann

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F150 Lariat

No VIN in sight. The first update was in early November with a build date of 11/14. That date came and went.

The latest update is "any orders with a Max Trailer Tow package have not been built yet in Dearborn". They are doing them in a bulk batch and will be retooling the factory "soon" to do a run of Max Tows. That communication from the dealer was a few days ago.
I’ve seen some Max tows that have already been been built on the first stock orders so I hope that isn’t true.

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I’ve seen some Max tows that have already been been built on the first stock orders so I hope that isn’t true.
Don't see how it can be true, mine was built on 12 Nov and it has Max Tow.

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150

Interesting, the Max Tow package is a pretty popular option. Seems odd, Ford would need to retool their whole production to accommodate it, and kelp going back and forth.

If it is true though, hopefully my dealer order gets picked up by Ford!

Sponsored

Steve5472

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Expedition Stealth Performance
I ordered my Limited in Carbonized Gray yesterday, but unfortunately it's not being built until the spring so I'm looking at a late May delivery (fingers crossed)...gonna be a long wait!

Bo15

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 King Ranch 4x4, 2010 F-150 Platinum 4x4
I ordered my Limited in Carbonized Gray yesterday, but unfortunately it's not being built until the spring so I'm looking at a late May delivery (fingers crossed)...gonna be a long wait!
why so late?

Steve5472

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Expedition Stealth Performance
why so late?
My wife works for Ford so we both swap our vehicles out every 6 months on the management lease plan. It's pretty sweet as you get to try out different vehicles and colours if you want (although I tend to always go black or grey and stick with the F150). They do the "order" for the vehicles 4 or 5 months ahead of build time so we order once in the spring and once in the fall.

Bo15

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 King Ranch 4x4, 2010 F-150 Platinum 4x4
My wife works for Ford so we both swap our vehicles out every 6 months on the management lease plan. It's pretty sweet as you get to try out different vehicles and colours if you want (although I tend to always go black or grey and stick with the F150). They do the "order" for the vehicles 4 or 5 months ahead of build time so we order once in the spring and once in the fall.
Sweet

Sponsored

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
Put my Platy on the list today. Antimatter blue, ordered 11-11. Probably never will take delivery because the wait may kill me.
I think some may have already
Many of the names I see on the table, never seem to show up in the chats

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I think some may have already
Many of the names I see on the table, never seem to show up in the chats
I've noticed the same thing, they either could not hack it or kicked the bucket!?

WXMANNY

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Power boost
Occupation
Meteorology

Trashman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Limited Powerboost
Occupation
Retired
My head is spinning, So your ordering your truck that gets here in May and your wife's in the spring that gets here in the fall. Or you both put in your order every 6 months? Are you sure she doesn't work for GM I think I saw you all on a Christmas commercial. This is true patience... I think
Sponsored