First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lariat Powerboost on order
Occupation
Retired
Good news !!! My ETA was updated today. The dealer, who has been great through out all of this, informed me yesterday that he did confirm my truck was offsite to get the bed liner sprayed.
Today I checked the latest info on the tracker sheet and my ETA was updated.

From 06/15/2021 to 08/28/2021. Maybe I can move the travel trailer I bought in March by Thanksgiving. Summer camping with the grand kids is out now. :mad:
Sponsored

xtraman122

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 302A PB
Is this telling me 10/31 delivery date? Hope not.

3A9E6A72-18C2-4B5C-931F-400FD8AE1739.jpeg
Unfortunately, yes, that's exactly what that means. A bunch of people all got pushed to October dates this week. I can't see how it'll possibly actually that long, but yes, that's what that date is estimating on the tracker.

ib_jigged

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT, 2013 Edge Limited, 2023 Explorer ST
I entered my info. Thanks!

Reg

First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150
Occupation
Fleet Services for Ford Motor Company
Posted order sub form. Build sheet attached

Ford F-150 2021+ F-150 Orders Tracking List & Stats [Enter Yours!] 360E46D4-0028-47F3-B89E-8BFB41F9E19A

GoPokes38

First Name
Davis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat
Unfortunately, yes, that's exactly what that means. A bunch of people all got pushed to October dates this week. I can't see how it'll possibly actually that long, but yes, that's what that date is estimating on the tracker.
That’s crazy.... This must mean that the trucks in purgatory are being held up while new trucks are being built/shipped. Otherwise, this would lead me to believe the dealerships wouldn’t be receiving trucks either until the fall, which we know is not true.

Sponsored

MartyF150

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford F150, 2020 Ford Explorer
Reading everything here it seems like those of us who waited until May to order are in better shape that those who ordered very early in the process.

I'm not complaining because I would like to get my truck this summer but it certainly does not seem fair. As Ricky used to say; 'Hey Lucy (Ford), you got some splanin to do' :)

xtraman122

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 302A PB
Reading everything here it seems like those of us who waited until May to order are in better shape that those who ordered very early in the process.

I'm not complaining because I would like to get my truck this summer but it certainly does not seem fair. As Ricky used to say; 'Hey Lucy (Ford), you got some splanin to do' :)
I agree, not fair at all, but I feel extremely fortunate to have mine on the way so soon. I would really hope Ford will do something for people who waited over 4 months, doubling their FordPass points, something like that, at least show some sort of appreciation for the wait.

mschiraldi

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Sport 2.7 SCREW
Order placed on 5/10! 501A Lariat Screw 4x4 in Space White w/ 5.5 Bed and 2.7, Tow Tech, Wheels, Workstation and Locking Interior Storage!

Last edited:

Bobsputin

First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I'm really shocked (no pun intended) that NOBODY is designing Electric Vehicles with swappable batteries.

Like your cordless drill!

With current technology they could easily make the whole process completely automated.

You pull in with your depleted battery pak, a robot swaps it for a fully charged one and you're on your way FAR FASTER than you would have filled a tank with gas.

I mean...WTF?!!
This would also eliminate the biggest concern people have with electric vehicles.

Range.

If the battery is low, pull into a BAS (Battery Asset Switching) station. In a couple of minutes, you are on your way with a full battery.

Like was stated earlier, the supporting infrastructure and cost is a hinderance. it would be nice to see manufacturers start heading to similar/same batteries to start heading in this direction.

Uncle_Booty

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT 302A SCrew 5.0 157" 4x4
Occupation
Commercial Truck Leasing
OEM's want to keep their parts proprietary for profits. And that will rule the day.

Sponsored

tommyk76

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat
Just entered my info on the tracker, thanks. Ordered my Lariat 501A in Anti matter Blue on 1/14/2021, today my tracking site updated from 8/7/2021 to an ETA of 8/28/2021. I called Customer Service today and they said they are not offering any concessions such as an extended warranty for those of us who are waiting "patiently". :mad:

Prufrock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 PB
My estimated delivery date just changed from 5/27/21 (tomorrow!) to 8/28/21. Talk about getting blue balled! That will equate to almost 7 months since my order date. Not a happy camper. :mad::mad::mad: At this rate, the all new 2022 Tundra might be released and I may be tempted to cancel my F150 order.

Last edited:

xtraman122

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 302A PB
Exactly.

And until “the industry” settles on a standard, Ford could just build sites at their dealerships.

Pull into the swap bay, watch Ford advertisements on the big screen while the robot pulls your depleted battery and replaces it with a fully charged one.

Some auto manufacturer is bound to do this and whoever does it first well set the standard for the industry.
This whole concept is absolutely something people are pushing for. Tesla even did a whole live demo of the process a while back where they timed a battery swap competing against a guy at a gas pump and it was quicker to the battery swap.

It'll probably be something you see eventually, just going to take a while to get everyone to standardize on a form factor and get facilities who could actually do this. I could easily see it being something dedicated companies get into that just specialize in battery swap programs. I doubt manufacturers will want to get involved, and this would require a common battery platform that manufacturers agree upon and would to remain a standard in place for quite some time to make good use of it.

Ashtown82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
This whole concept is absolutely something people are pushing for. Tesla even did a whole live demo of the process a while back where they timed a battery swap competing against a guy at a gas pump and it was quicker to the battery swap.

It'll probably be something you see eventually, just going to take a while to get everyone to standardize on a form factor and get facilities who could actually do this. I could easily see it being something dedicated companies get into that just specialize in battery swap programs. I doubt manufacturers will want to get involved, and this would require a common battery platform that manufacturers agree upon and would to remain a standard in place for quite some time to make good use of it.
I really thought we would go in the route of liquid. I mean....totally dreaming here, but something like in this article:

https://leaps.org/scientists-just-c...er-that-can-be-stored-for-18-years/particle-2

Andy Met

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ford Ranger
So I buy a brand new Lightning with a battery you can swap anywhere. My battery is new. I go to a station where they swap them and find out the battery they put in is junk. Is it me buying another brand new battery, do I pay for the recycling of the old battery or how do you guys all for swapping batteries envision that ?
Sponsored