Sponsored

xtraman122

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 302A PB
I’m still very new to the truck ordering process and don’t have a VIN just yet. How do you know when your window sticker is available and how do you get the link?
Have you seen the Ford ordering site where you can check the status? The link will appear there once it transitions from “Order Confirmed” to “In Production”. You can use that once you actually get a VIN, you’ll need to check with your dealer for that. I got mine about 2-3 weeks after ordering but it can vary.

Once you get that VIN, keep checking the Ford order status page to see what status it’s in. At first the link will just bring you to a page that says the sticker isn’t available yet, but eventually (For me it was just a day after it changed to in production) it’ll actually load up the window sticker.
Sponsored

Lpetters84

First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum FX4 5.0
Have you seen the Ford ordering site where you can check the status? The link will appear there once it transitions from “Order Confirmed” to “In Production”. You can use that once you actually get a VIN, you’ll need to check with your dealer for that. I got mine about 2-3 weeks after ordering but it can vary.

Once you get that VIN, keep checking the Ford order status page to see what status it’s in. At first the link will just bring you to a page that says the sticker isn’t available yet, but eventually (For me it was just a day after it changed to in production) it’ll actually load up the window sticker.
Thank you! I have seen the Ford tracking website. Hope to have a VIN in the next two weeks.

xtraman122

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 302A PB
I find it wild how varied the timelines are for everyone. Seeing some people who ordered in January potentially not getting their trucks until July, and others getting easy 60-90 day turnarounds.

We'll see if my luck holds through, but as of now I have an original order that was confirmed on 4/16 that has a blend date of 5/19 and ETA at the dealer of 6/14. Maybe it'll get pushed out, but those are new dates as of this morning, I would hope by now with them prioritizing special orders over dealer stock and having one plant completely shut down that they'd have a little more realistic time frames.

Question: Does anyone know if they're still just piling up trucks in the dreaded Ramp 59 as they come off the lines, or have they finally stopped that and only producing stuff they actually have complete? I was assuming that's why the KC plant was being shut down, but wasn't sure. I figured they'd only bother to shut stuff down if they weren't going to continue on with the practice of piling up incomplete trucks, but I'm sure there could be more to it than that.

GreggT

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat Screw, SRX Cadillac
Occupation
Retired
I find it wild how varied the timelines are for everyone. Seeing some people who ordered in January potentially not getting their trucks until July, and others getting easy 60-90 day turnarounds.

We'll see if my luck holds through, but as of now I have an original order that was confirmed on 4/16 that has a blend date of 5/19 and ETA at the dealer of 6/14. Maybe it'll get pushed out, but those are new dates as of this morning, I would hope by now with them prioritizing special orders over dealer stock and having one plant completely shut down that they'd have a little more realistic time frames.

Question: Does anyone know if they're still just piling up trucks in the dreaded Ramp 59 as they come off the lines, or have they finally stopped that and only producing stuff they actually have complete? I was assuming that's why the KC plant was being shut down, but wasn't sure. I figured they'd only bother to shut stuff down if they weren't going to continue on with the practice of piling up incomplete trucks, but I'm sure there could be more to it than that.
I think I would prefer Ramp 59 to one of those obscure forgotten about off site parking lots!

xtraman122

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 302A PB
I think I would prefer Ramp 59 to one of those obscure forgotten about off site parking lots!
Very true. I read somewhere that Kentucky Speedway is collecting upwards of $1M per month for "rent" where all those Super Duty's are being parked.

Sponsored

mhol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Got my update on the tracking site. Delivery went from 5/18 to 8/15 this afternoon. March 22 order April 27 Blend.
I hope you plan on cancelling your order. They'll be taking orders for 2022 models and might get a 2022 a month or two after you get your 2021. Ordering for 2022 f250's open up next month or July. They'll have basically same interior as the 2021 F150. Not sure if that is something you're looking at.

huhner5

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150 Platinum
Occupation
Farmer
I hope you plan on cancelling your order. They'll be taking orders for 2022 models and might get a 2022 a month or two after you get your 2021. Ordering for 2022 f250's open up next month or July. They'll have basically same interior as the 2021 F150. Not sure if that is something you're looking at.
You can already order a 2022 super duty... My brother has a F350 order already placed

mnstang

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB Leadfoot
Occupation
US Gov
Order 5/12
Vin 5/13
Build week 6/12
Platinum PB 157
That’s amazingly fast for an order from to VIN to build. Hopefully they have semiconductors by then.

xtraman122

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 302A PB
That’s amazingly fast for an order from to VIN to build. Hopefully they have semiconductors by then.
My timeline is looking very similar, I wonder if they're finally getting caught up on some of these things now that the dealer stock orders are being paused a bit. Can't imagine they liked seeing all these angry customers who were waiting 4+ months for their trucks.

Ordered: 4/13
Order Confirmed: 4/16
Blend: 5/19
Dealer ETA: 6/14

I'm not sure exactly when I got my VIN, I waited 3 weeks to ask the dealer for it and when I did it was available.

As for everyone expecting to be able to to order 2022s soon, I doubt it. They haven't even made the Tremor, Raptor, or new payload/towing features they just announced available yet. They're going to sell those for a bit on '21s before bothering to release a whole new model. I think all these delays are going to cause an overall delay in the release of the '22s.

Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 XLT on Order/Mazda Roadster Club/Model 3
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired/Student
Well, I finally have a Window Sticker link and says "In Production" on the Ford Website with No actual Window Sticker (was it there before but I didn't notice?). Build Week is supposed to be next week but I suppose that is not going to happen.

Ford F-150 2021+ F-150 Orders Tracking List & Stats [Enter Yours!] Screen Shot 2021-05-17 at 11.59.33 AM 1

Last edited:

xtraman122

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 302A PB
Well, I finally have a Window Sticker link and says "In Production" on the Ford Website with No actual Window Sticker (was it there before but I didn't notice?). Build Week is supposed to be next week but I suppose that is not going to happen.
You still might be on track, the window sticker link (And no, it wasn't there before, it won't show up until the status moves to In Production) didn't actually start working until the day after it went into in production state for me.

You'll have a better idea of whether your build week is accurate when you get the window sticker and can check the blend date. I ordered almost the same exact day as you, got my window sticker last week, and have a blend date of 5/19 so you might still be fine.

Andyo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Received this message from our dealer today. Some good news.
Ford F-150 2021+ F-150 Orders Tracking List & Stats [Enter Yours!] 31F7A6F1-7400-471A-BFBC-B79AE2E28A09

yamamanr1m

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 XLT 302A Rpd Red Spr Crew 6.5ft - 3.5 EB
Occupation
Telco Engineering

Screen Shot 2021-05-17 at 11.59.33 AM 1.png
So, you're are very lucky! Ordered mine on March,29th, no windows sticker yet, not in production, still in " In order, processing" status.
Sponsored

Last edited: