First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat Screw, SRX Cadillac
Occupation
Retired
Thanks for the encouragement but had a local dealer that would not trade a truck on the lot to my dealer had 99% of what I wanted , So I had to order .
No one is trading (unless it is a real dog) or releasing vehicles right now due to the short supply.
Sponsored

UBlock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 Lariat
Hi Everyone,

Been reading through this thread (great information, btw) and thought I'd put my '21 F-150 XLT order story out here as well. What's kind of strange in my situation is I ordered the truck on 2/22/21, but haven't received a VIN or build date yet. I'm aware of the chip shortages, but after reading through other posts on this thread it sounds like Ford has been releasing VINs to dealers on other F-150 orders fairly regularly (within a week or two of ordering). Just has me curious if there’s a hold up mine I should be asking the dealer about, I suppose. Been following up with the dealer regularly, but no updates there either. Wasn’t sure if others have been going through a similar experience.

Thanks!
Did you ever get a VIN? I am having a similar issue - ordered 2/27

qwmast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Occupation
Engineer
Did you ever get a VIN? I am having a similar issue - ordered 2/27
You may want to refer to what priority code your orders were placed at. I've noticed that has been affecting scheduling order as well as when the VIN is generated. For reference, I ordered 3/30 with a priority code of 10. Then on 4/15 I received a VIN as well as a scheduled build date. I've been comparing my timeline with others whom posted their priority codes and seems to schedule sooner, granted I'm not sure how this most recent shutdown will effect things.

Ezyrolln

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat (on order)
You may want to refer to what priority code your orders were placed at. I've noticed that has been affecting scheduling order as well as when the VIN is generated. For reference, I ordered 3/30 with a priority code of 10. Then on 4/15 I received a VIN as well as a scheduled build date. I've been comparing my timeline with others whom posted their priority codes and seems to schedule sooner, granted I'm not sure how this most recent shutdown will effect things.
where can i find the priority code?

Sponsored

qwmast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Occupation
Engineer
Ordered on 3/20/2021. Got a VIN today. Added to the order list.

Here's my build sheet:

Build Sheet anon.jpg
Hey Johnsurfsuppers, what priority code was your order? it would be in the header of this sheet. We have very similar scheduled build dates and ordered at similar times, so I am trying to piece some info together on when my got rescheduled for. Much thanks.

mj_in_ak

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 F150, 2012 Honda Insight
From the VIN... do you have Dearborn build or KC?
Also, from purely a curiosity point of view, I am wondering how your truck gets to Alaska? do you know? (I would suspect via auto carrier up through BC and Yukon?)
Looks Like my truck will be built in Dearborn. As far as alaska goes, I ordered from Granger Ford so will come down and drive it back to Seattle and then Barge to Alaska. Saves me lots of money!

mhol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Nice! What priority code was your order put in at?
Priority code shows 80. I just looked it up and appears to be "stock order" priority code. Not sure if they coded my order that way due to allocation or what.

Sponsored

qwmast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Occupation
Engineer
I must've been one of the lucky ones then. I got mine in a little over 2 months.
Wow you seriously lucked out. Priority codes 10-19 are retail, anything above 20 is stock. Usually stock is 70+. So if you were waiting on your truck now it wouldn't get built since Ford has announced it is only building retail orders.

85Mustangman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Supercab/ 6.5 box, 2.7, 302A, Antimatter
Occupation
Retired
80 is not good, thats about as low as you can go before you get to a stock order
Is there some reference or somewhere we can go to decipher these damn priority codes? Mine says code 10... is that the standard one, or have I lucked out with some kind of higher priority?

wait, just saw the posting above... thanks qwmast... is there anything higher than priority 10 do you know?

jperry5835

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Hybrid Platinum