First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Supercab/ 6.5 box, 2.7, 302A, Antimatter
Occupation
Retired
Just to be sure I'M understanding... when you have you VIN number... what that stand for ? Is it really an important step about our built truck process time ? Have mine and nothing move... So I wondering how is really a good sign when you have your serial number...

Many of us seem to have it for a while but no built date yet... so...
My understanding is that the VIN (Vehicle Identifier Number) is the unique number for each automobile, and is assigned by the manufacturer based on a set of design specifications when committed for production. In other words, when Ford gives you a VIN, they have committed the vehicle for production but have not committed to a TIME for Mfg.
So if you have a VIN, that’s good news because it means you WILL get a truck, but NO one including Ford planners it seems, can tell you when you’ll get it.
Sponsored

Tecdiver

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Corporate shill
Just to be sure I'M understanding... when you have you VIN number... what that stand for ? Is it really an important step about our built truck process time ? Have mine and nothing move... So I wondering how is really a good sign when you have your serial number...

It just shows that the configuration has been assigned in one of Ford's systems, and is in queue to be pushed to a factory for production. It also means you can't modify your order without cancelling and starting over.

GreggT

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat Screw, SRX Cadillac
Occupation
Retired
Spoke to our dealer today, they said Ford had over 100,000 vehicles sitting waiting on chips. So those of us waiting, are in good company.

yamamanr1m

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 XLT 302A Rpd Red Spr Crew 6.5ft - 3.5 EB
Occupation
Telco Engineering
Spoke to our dealer today, they said Ford had over 100,000 vehicles sitting waiting on chips. So those of us waiting, are in good company.
I'm pretty sure this year we will see some dealers receiving 2022 F-150 in the same time our pre-order 2021, at the end of summer and fall. Some 2021 will be delivered in the same carrier truck near a new 2022. I think that will be never seen before...

Sponsored

UNIKRN150

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pinto SE 4x4

Honestly, the only relevance it has in my mind is that it verifies that your dealer actually submitted your order and Ford actually received it.
Beyond that, I think it's pretty meaningless until you can look through the window of your new truck and see it riveted to your dash.
Maybe someone else can offer a better answer and enlighten us both...

Bowhunter

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 F150 , GMC ACADIA
Honestly, the only relevance it has in my mind is that it verifies that your dealer actually submitted your order and Ford actually received it.
Beyond that, I think it's pretty meaningless until you can look through the window of your new truck and see it riveted to your dash.
Maybe someone else can offer a better answer and enlighten us both...
I received my VIN about 3 weeks after my order date of 02/13. Then, about 3-4 weeks later, my window sticker arrived. Actually, my window sticker and build/production week/day showed up at the same time. If for some reason you do not get a build week in the tracker, when your sticker arrives, you can find that date at the top center of the window sticker just above the word , "blend". Mine is 220210428. The 0428 ( 04/28/21) represents the build date. Mine was actually built 4/28-4/29 with an ETA end date of 5/19. Also, the primary status changed from "In Processing" to "In Production" the week of my build. I hope this helps... My fingers are crossed that mine will actually show up on 5/19! Good luck!

UNIKRN150

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pinto SE 4x4
I received my VIN about 3 weeks after my order date of 02/13. Then, about 3-4 weeks later, my window sticker arrived. Actually, my window sticker and build/production week/day showed up at the same time. If for some reason you do not get a build week in the tracker, when your sticker arrives, you can find that date at the top center of the window sticker just above the word , "blend". Mine is 220210428. The 0428 ( 04/28/21) represents the build date. Mine was actually built 4/28-4/29 with an ETA end date of 5/19. Also, the primary status changed from "In Processing" to "In Production" the week of my build. I hope this helps... My fingers are crossed that mine will actually show up on 5/19! Good luck!
There just doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it all.

I got my VIN about 3 weeks after my order was placed and it came with a production date.
Go figure...

Merccat

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Space White Lariat SCAB 5.0 4x2
My understanding is that orders basically sit in the dealers queue until Ford picks them to be built. When that happens a VIN is assigned and a preliminary build week is scheduled. Note that this build week does not show in consumer tracking but the dealer can see it.

Assuming no delays (this year there are always delays it seems), once you get closer to your build week a build date may be assigned and a day or two before your build day the window sticker is generated.

I can’t site any references, just what I’ve been picking up on reading across threads in this and other forums.

UNIKRN150

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pinto SE 4x4
My understanding is that orders basically sit in the dealers queue until Ford picks them to be built. When that happens a VIN is assigned and a preliminary build week is scheduled. Note that this build week does not show in consumer tracking but the dealer can see it.

Assuming no delays (this year there are always delays it seems), once you get closer to your build week a build date may be assigned and a day or two before your build day the window sticker is generated.

I can’t site any references, just what I’ve been picking up on reading across threads in this and other forums.
I get it...

I've been doing the same thing, reading posts from all over. And I agree with your assessment but like I said, I got a VIN 3 weeks after my March 23rd order and it came with a production date. Which from everything I've seen, was unusual.

I got my VIN & date from the dealer and that's the only place I've actually seen a production date of of any kind.

But the way things are going it doesn't mean much. I don't think too many people in the last couple months have had their trucks built on the 1st posted production date so I'm anticipating a revision.

I even toyed with the idea of getting a GMC instead but they don't make Regular Cab short beds which is just as well because I want what I ordered. That's why I ordered it.

Sponsored

yamamanr1m

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 XLT 302A Rpd Red Spr Crew 6.5ft - 3.5 EB
Occupation
Telco Engineering
Ordered mine on March 29th... received my VIN number on April 14th... No windows sticker produced yet... still no built date... no status change... ?‍♂ I don't expect to have good new before mid-June 2021... If I'm a little lucky, maybe will see my truck in person at the end of june... but...that a rough guest...

quartzlariat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150 Lariat 500a, 2021 F150 Lariat 502a
Placed order 3/29 for 501a lariat. Decided to switch it to a 502 after 5 weeks of not receiving a vin. order updated yesterday with my dealer 5/4. Now to continue to wait...

Ford F-150 2021+ F-150 Orders Tracking List & Stats [Enter Yours!] CC6041FC-B871-4D15-B7F4-FEFEC8D6D52E_1_201_a

Merccat

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Space White Lariat SCAB 5.0 4x2
I get it...

I've been doing the same thing, reading posts from all over. And I agree with your assessment but like I said, I got a VIN 3 weeks after my March 23rd order and it came with a production date. Which from everything I've seen, was unusual.

I got my VIN & date from the dealer and that's the only place I've actually seen a production date of of any kind.

But the way things are going it doesn't mean much. I don't think too many people in the last couple months have had their trucks built on the 1st posted production date so I'm anticipating a revision.

I even toyed with the idea of getting a GMC instead but they don't make Regular Cab short beds which is just as well because I want what I ordered. That's why I ordered it.

I did have pioneer confirm the date my dealer gave me but it’s all over the place. My dealer right now has almost my exact build (other than color and 4x4) in but it’s someone else’s custom order who ordered one week before me and theirs is already here yet I’m still 4 weeks from planned build, wild.

Yeah you don’t see too many shorties, I was amazed when a local dealer here actually had two on their lot a few weeks back. Its a good looking setup.

Prufrock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 PB
Last week, my truck status showed it was in production but no delivery date. As of this past weekend, I now get an actual delivery date at my dealer. 157WB SCrew PB 4x4 XLT Leadfoot w/ all tech options Ordered 2/9/21, delivery date shows 5/27/21.

UNIKRN150

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pinto SE 4x4
I did have pioneer confirm the date my dealer gave me but it’s all over the place. My dealer right now has almost my exact build (other than color and 4x4) in but it’s someone else’s custom order who ordered one week before me and theirs is already here yet I’m still 4 weeks from planned build, wild.

Yeah you don’t see too many shorties, I was amazed when a local dealer here actually had two on their lot a few weeks back. Its a good looking setup.
The only 2021s I've ever seen were stripped down XLs. And they were all White.

I'm sure 122" XLTs with options are out there (there will be one more in a few months) but I've never seen one.
Sponsored