First Name
Hugo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S4 Tecknik 2015 ,2021 F150 XLT 302A FX4
Occupation
Telecom Architect
How long it's usally take before getting windows sticker after receiving our VIN?
Sponsored

Andy Met

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ford Ranger
This is what I got back from my dealer yesterday, My truck is sitting in Dearborn waiting for the chips (confirmed info):

Sales Team,

As you’ve heard, certain vehicles at Dearborn Truck Plant and Oakville Assembly Plant are being built without certain components/chips and will be retrofitted and shipped to the dealership once they become available. The program is known as Vehicle on Wheels (VoW). These units have NOT been gate released and will NOT have an ETA in Vehicle Visibility until they are gate released. Attached is a VIN list of your units that are categorized as VoW as of 4/23/21. See below for important information about the VoW process.

Vehicle on Wheels Process
  • Availability of components/chips for retrofit is unknown at this time, therefore we are unable to provide an ETA.
  • Retail orders WILL be prioritized once components/chips become available. (Retail orders have a “*” at the end of the VIN on the dealer report).
    • We can NOT request units be expeditated until parts become available.
  • Units ordered stock but now have a customer waiting on them cannot be prioritized.
    • Once the unit is retrofitted and gate released, we can request to prioritize the unit for delivery.
  • Units will not show an ETA in Vehicle Visibility until they have been gate released.

GreggT

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat Screw, SRX Cadillac
Occupation
Retired
This is what I got back from my dealer yesterday, My truck is sitting in Dearborn waiting for the chips (confirmed info):

Sales Team,

As you’ve heard, certain vehicles at Dearborn Truck Plant and Oakville Assembly Plant are being built without certain components/chips and will be retrofitted and shipped to the dealership once they become available. The program is known as Vehicle on Wheels (VoW). These units have NOT been gate released and will NOT have an ETA in Vehicle Visibility until they are gate released. Attached is a VIN list of your units that are categorized as VoW as of 4/23/21. See below for important information about the VoW process.

Vehicle on Wheels Process
  • Availability of components/chips for retrofit is unknown at this time, therefore we are unable to provide an ETA.
  • Retail orders WILL be prioritized once components/chips become available. (Retail orders have a “*” at the end of the VIN on the dealer report).
    • We can NOT request units be expeditated until parts become available.
  • Units ordered stock but now have a customer waiting on them cannotbe prioritized.
    • Once the unit is retrofitted and gate released, we can request to prioritize the unit for delivery.
  • Units will not show an ETA in Vehicle Visibility until they have been gate released.
Thanks for posting but it is a little misleading. It infers that parts have not been available....Translation, Parts have not been available for THESE vehicles because we are using those parts to run the assembly line.
I feel they could provide EDD if they wished but they have decided to hang this group of vehicles along with their customers out to dry.

Sponsored

Andy Met

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ford Ranger
Thanks for posting but it is a little misleading. It infers that parts have not been available....Translation, Parts have not been available for THESE vehicles because we are using those parts to run the assembly line.
I feel they could provide EDD if they wished but they have decided to hang this group of vehicles along with their customers out to dry.
I hear ya, the part that is explaining the difference between a retail order and a dealer order in the VoW section gives me a little hope I might see it sometime soon as mine is marked with the *. We will see :)

85Mustangman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Supercab/ 6.5 box, 2.7, 302A, Antimatter
Occupation
Retired
I hear ya, the part that is explaining the difference between a retail order and a dealer order in the VoW section gives me a little hope I might see it sometime soon as mine is marked with the *. We will see :)
Just to be clear, a ‘retail’ order is all us here in the forum who have placed an order for a specific optioned build, whereas a ‘dealer’ order is when the dealership orders generically spec’d unit for speculative sale to persons unknown. Have I got this right?

GreggT

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat Screw, SRX Cadillac
Occupation
Retired
Just to be clear, a ‘retail’ order is all us here in the forum who have placed an order for a specific optioned build, whereas a ‘dealer’ order is when the dealership orders generically spec’d unit for speculative sale to persons unknown. Have I got this right?
I think so, my Window Sticker says "Special Order" and when a do a query my name is on it. It has not helped though as it has shown "Produced" since 3/16, without parts.

Andy Met

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ford Ranger
I think so, my Window Sticker says "Special Order" and when a do a query my name is on it. It has not helped though as it has shown "Produced" since 3/16, without parts.
Did the 1990 date get removed this afternoon from your listing also ? Mine did

Sponsored