Sponsored

Coreytime

First Name
KC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum
I placed my order today for a Platinum FX4, Star White Tri-coat, with Powerboost full hybrid, 701A, locking storage, work surface, twin panel moon roof, 7.2 Kw pro-power on board, spray in bed liner and Trailer Tow Package. Using the Costco Member buying service and still not sure of the pricing until the VIN is generated. Told it should be lower than the "A" pricing, and below invoice by $2000.00. We'll see. Deposit fully refundable.

Asked the dealer to order a "stock" similar to what Currybob has posted, but was told that the retail build orders are completed first. Let's see.
(EDIT to attach Build Order)
When I pull up the 2021 and do a build it says the vehicle is not available on costcoauto? Did you just call the dealership and ask?
Sponsored

dog_tired

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Gen14 Platinum Hybrid; Tesla M3
When I pull up the 2021 and do a build it says the vehicle is not available on costcoauto? Did you just call the dealership and ask?
I did the build on CostcoAuto and submitted - dealer called me immediately. I called CostcoAuto to see if there were any other Ford dealers than the one who called me, and the closest to the Florida dealer was in New Jersey (really?!?). No pricing from the dealer until they get the VIN.

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
That's an issue across, well, everywhere. Imagine living in a horrible state, like Texas, and knowing that every moron on the planet buys trucks and extended SUVs... And you intentionally build an EXACTLY 20' long garage, but then 12"-18" is taken up by a water heater, or the garage door braces, etc.
I HATE this state, but moreso the pile of garbage home builders that are trying to cut PENNIES out of their budget, even though they KNOW their customer base owns giant vehicles. I'm not bitter at all. /sarcasm #endrant

Ceramic coating or graphine... Leaning towards ceramic though - absolute first thing I'm doing to my new truck when it arrives.
Well, in 1992, when my home was built, an XLT Lariat Ext. Cab Short bed was 219" long. That would fit no problem. My Tacoma is 212", so again, not a big issue. I have tools on the back wall, so if I want to park the F-150, I may have to change how I store them. Don't even get me started on the laundry shoot that takes up a considerable part of my wife's side.

Ok, I think I have hijacked the thread enough...back to your normally scheduled discussion on Order Tracking and Stats.

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
Bob, not disagreeing with you, but telling you what my Florida-based sales person said when I asked him to order stock to match my retail. I'll guess we'll see what happens. The whole process on Ford's part is an average roll-out, but my expectations weren't pie in the sky either.
I hear ya and by no means think you were dishing me. I want all the info I can find, I'm retired and sometimes get board and like to track my new vehicle when I order one. Don't know why I like the torture but I seem to. Lol

I have order multiple new vehicles and 4 new F150s over the years. This guy that ordered my 21 has done my last 3 and he orders for 3 other Ford dealerships that this company owns. His information has been dead on over the years and doesn't feed a bunch of mis- information if he doesn't know. I have seen many post from folks as yourself that are told some really wrong/weird things.

I think it would really be better for you if he would do a stock order also, exactly the same as your retail order and say you get whichever comes first. It's not like they would get stuck with it and not be able to sell it. Could easily make 4 to 6 weeks difference.

I had ordered a 2015 also at the first of the model year and did not get it till March because of the big change over to aluminum that year. Hope this won't be anything like that.

My guy still doesn't have one for the pre-sold/retail order that he put in my name. The stock order was actually placed 4 days after the retail order and it has a VIN.

They are suppose to have started re-tooling this week for ever how long that takes, then start the stock runs, then Job 1 will start which was projected to be 12 Oct.

Canada-guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150
Occupation
Sales
Lariat Sport FX4 502A vs. Platinum 701A identical specs....
roughly +$4K on MSRP for styling, 20" shiny wheels and swankier "Active" leather, and deployable running boards

F150 Lariat 4x4 Order3.png

F150 Plat 701A.png
So do you pay MSRP or invoice price?

Sponsored

Canada-guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150
Occupation
Sales
Here is my build changed it a few times ordered it a few weeks ago. Keep in mind Canadian Pricing. What do you guys think

Ford F-150 2021+ F-150 Orders Tracking List & Stats [Enter Yours!] F52DF49A-E1F2-4C95-87A0-C81EE9C1EEA7

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Here is my build changed it a few times ordered it a few weeks ago. Keep in mind Canadian Pricing. What do you guys think

F52DF49A-E1F2-4C95-87A0-C81EE9C1EEA7.jpeg
They only thing I would suggest is on the sprayed in bedliner and re-think the 7.2kw upgrade on the generator option.

It you think you might need it, it's a better system and also resell might be better with that option.

Line-x gives a life time gurantee on their spray ins, with Ford you only get it for length of the bumper to bumper warranty. At least thats the way it use to be.

Canada-guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150
Occupation
Sales
They only thing I would suggest is on the sprayed in bedliner and re-think the 7.2kw upgrade on the generator option.

It you think you might need it, it's a better system and also resell might be better with that option.

Line-x gives a life time gurantee on their spray ins, with Ford you only get it for length of the bumper to bumper warranty. At least thats the way it use to be.
This is my third Ford and had the spray in liner and it holds up pretty good, as far as the 7.2KW genny I was sure if I needed it the only thing I would want to run that takes alot of juice is AC in my camper trailer. Not sure if 2.4KW will handle it.

Sponsored

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
This is my third Ford and had the spray in liner and it holds up pretty good, as far as the 7.2KW genny I was sure if I needed it the only thing I would want to run that takes alot of juice is AC in my camper trailer. Not sure if 2.4KW will handle it.
If it is a 120 volt than probably so.

I doubt I will ever use mine unless we have a serious power outage and it we do and want lots of power but manily I have seen things like this play big on the resell end.

dog_tired

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Gen14 Platinum Hybrid; Tesla M3

Just got a quote from Line-X, and spray in Premium is $600; standard black is $475 (exclusive of sales tax). Anyone who has gotten this product recommend one over the other?

Canada-guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150
Occupation
Sales
Just got a quote from Line-X, and spray in Premium is $600; standard black is $475 (exclusive of sales tax). Anyone who has gotten this product recommend one over the other?
Save yourself the hassle and get it done at the factory, Trust me ive abused the box on both my F150's and never seen it rip or peel ever before.

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Save yourself the hassle and get it done at the factory, Trust me ive abused the box on both my F150's and never seen it rip or peel ever before.
yeah but they have faded.

Not saying they are all that bad or anything but the premium is guaranteed for life against fading too and Ford will only give the 3 year warranty.

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Principal at Granger Motors
What is the difference between the two, besides the $125...
Sponsored