Congrats you two!

barbersbbq

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum
Called my dealership and tried to cancel my order. This made the GM step in to find out what is going on. Needless to say. Ford told my dealership that the hard tonneau cover was delaying me getting a Vin number and getting my truck.

The GM thought it was very interesting because there is no constraint on hard folding tonneau covers. So if you have that and you have been waiting a long time you may want to get it taken off your order. I was told I’ll probably get them then in the next couple days now.

Oh one more thing the wheel well liner is also stopping orders from going through.

Daily22ssv

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 powerbost
Occupation
Tech
Called my dealership and tried to cancel my order. This made the GM step in to find out what is going on. Needless to say. Ford told my dealership that the hard tonneau cover was delaying me getting a Vin number and getting my truck.

The GM thought it was very interesting because there is no constraint on hard folding tonneau covers. So if you have that and you have been waiting a long time you may want to get it taken off your order. I was told I’ll probably get them then in the next couple days now.

Oh one more thing the wheel well liner is also stopping orders from going through.
Where they able to fix this for you? What truck did you order?

Daily22ssv

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 powerbost
Occupation
Tech
I just talk to the trucking company my truck was dropped off at from railway in Houston on January 7th and is waiting to be brought to dealer. They said it would likely go to dealer tomorrow. This is a slow painful process!

Sponsored

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
Yes. The order was never picked up. It was being held up by this one cover. it was removed and resubmitted. We expect a VIN soon. Will update when I do.
Would have been nice to have know this at the beginning wouldn't it! Another reason I don't let Ford do my bed covers and spray-in liners. I did get the wheel well liners.

Jim Bandy

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited 4x4 Powerboost (Hybrid)
Occupation
Retired
Jumping for joy: Today 12 Jan, 2021, I finally, recieved a call from dealership (I'll have to call them back ref: VIN#), but they said my build week is scheduled for 1 week of Feb - with an esimate delivery of 1st or 2nd week of March.

Historical Ordering Background:

1st week of Nov, 2020: Orginally ordered 1st week of Nov. Dealership turned out - assholes & I canc..
20 Nov, 2020 Placed 2nd order another dealership
22 Nov - Ford Ordering System - showed truck as a clean build
12 Jan, 2021: Notified by dealership the truck build will take place on 1 week of Feb
1st/2nd Week of Mar: (EDD): Estimate Delivery Date: 1 or 2nd week of Mar, 2021 (Spring Yeah)!
===================================================================================================
Base Truck Build: 2021 F150
Base Option: 4x4
Additional Options:
1. Smoked Quartz Metallic Clearcoat (Love this color)
2. Spray in Bedliner ( I also will lay in the bed a rubberized bed mat ) - it's a me thing.
3. 3.5L Powerboost Engine
4. Full Recline Seats
5. Work Surface
5. Liner-Tray Style Mat's that also comes with the Carpet Mat's (carpet mat's are standard).

Bottom Line: Looks like the full recline seats (suppply chain) is corrected. Also read today (I was researching the full recline seat) that is was not that long ago that Ford actually got their patent for their seat.

imgone10

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 FJ Cruiser, 15 TRD Pro 4Runner, 2021 Lariat.
Occupation
Construction / US Army 84-96
I'm on line 118 of the chart and received a VIN last week: 1FTFW1E84MFA43157.

NoSnow

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Retired
Got my VIN today with a build for the first week of Feb. Canadian lariat powerboost. Ordered in mid September so it was great to get some good news

Sponsored

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Jumping for joy: Today 12 Jan, 2021, I finally, recieved a call from dealership (I'll have to call them back ref: VIN#), but they said my build week is scheduled for 1 week of Feb - with an esimate delivery of 1st or 2nd week of March.

Historical Ordering Background:

1st week of Nov, 2020: Orginally ordered 1st week of Nov. Dealership turned out - assholes & I canc..
20 Nov, 2020 Placed 2nd order another dealership
22 Nov - Ford Ordering System - showed truck as a clean build
12 Jan, 2021: Notified by dealership the truck build will take place on 1 week of Feb
1st/2nd Week of Mar: (EDD): Estimate Delivery Date: 1 or 2nd week of Mar, 2021 (Spring Yeah)!
===================================================================================================
Base Truck Build: 2021 F150
Base Option: 4x4
Additional Options:
1. Smoked Quartz Metallic Clearcoat (Love this color)
2. Spray in Bedliner ( I also will lay in the bed a rubberized bed mat ) - it's a me thing.
3. 3.5L Powerboost Engine
4. Full Recline Seats
5. Work Surface
5. Liner-Tray Style Mat's that also comes with the Carpet Mat's (carpet mat's are standard).

Bottom Line: Looks like the full recline seats (suppply chain) is corrected. Also read today (I was researching the full recline seat) that is was not that long ago that Ford actually got their patent for their seat.
(y) Happy to hear that for you James!

And the others! Having a VIN is HUGE!!!.

NumbersGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 King Ranch
I just checked in with my salesman. I put in my order on 12/17, and he tells me that my truck is in production but we don’t have a VIN yet. Does that make sense or is he trying to make me feel better about not having a VIN?

snoshuu

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4/Sport(302A) -5.0- Velocity Blue
Occupation
Troublemaker
@Administrator -
Change request submitted.
Added Estimated delivery date, and actual delivery date...... FINALLY!! ?

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I just checked in with my salesman. I put in my order on 12/17, and he tells me that my truck is in production but we don’t have a VIN yet. Does that make sense or is he trying to make me feel better about not having a VIN?
That is actually impossible, somebody is lying or just doesn't know.

snoshuu
Congrats!

NumbersGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 King Ranch
That is actually impossible, somebody is lying or just doesn't know.

snoshuu
Congrats!
That’s what I thought. Thanks for the input. He strikes me as a genuine guy, so I’ll chalk it up to just not knowing. Don’t think he’s a liar. The wait continues!
Sponsored