Sponsored

kavm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Jetta; 2021 F150 Platinum PB
I can’t wait for my long bed Plat. to get here.
Hope you get yours soon.

Look forward to seeing the payload stickers for 6.5' bed PB Plats...
Sponsored

igor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum Powerboost
Good question, as I ordered a Platinum as well, but would like to swap out rims for black rims. Unfortunately they do not offer this option on a Platinum build. The black are same size and cost, so would think it would be simple.
Does anyone know if it is possible to downgrade the 20" wheels on a Platinum to something a more appropriate sidewall for a truck? I love the platinum, but 20" wheels are more showy than logical for what I want to do with the truck.
I did this once - leased 2015 Lariat Sport with optional 20inch wheels. Hated them. I spoke to the dealer - as my lease had already included the cost of the 20inch wheels, they switched them with another Lariat Sport that had the regular 18inch wheels, and just put a new mark up on that stock vehicle in their lot. When I returned my lease, they noted it hadn't been returned with the 20inch wheels per the VIN detail - but I had the lease WearCare (or something similar), so they didn't charge me.

There was no ECU recalibration needed, apparently....

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
Dealer just sent me an email and this.

"TTGX253275 rail car number. It shows to be passing through Berscanne, Ga earlier this morning"

Should be getting her later this week now. Friday or Saturday if all goes well. ?

Ford F-150 2021+ F-150 Orders Tracking List & Stats [Enter Yours!] 1609775004041

Last edited:

snoshuu

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4/Sport(302A) -5.0- Velocity Blue
Occupation
Troublemaker

"TTGX253275 rail car number. It shows to be passing through Berscanne, Ga earlier this morning"

Should be getting her later this week now. Friday or Saturday if all goes well. ?

1609775004041.png
I'm sure yours will move more efficiently than mine has.

It took only 4 days from Dearborn to Dilworth, MN by rail.
Since then it has been sitting in a lot for over 3 weeks, just 3 hours away, waiting for a transport truck to bring it the rest of the way here.
So close, yet so far away :mad:

dog_tired

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Gen14 Platinum Hybrid; Tesla M3
Mine was sitting outside of Chicago from early in the morning on 12/30 until yesterday, when it, along with the other 6 trucks waiting to make their way to Granger, Iowa (about 5 hours away) magically appeared in Kansas City, about 3 hours south of Granger, Iowa. Talk about taking the long way to Iowa! Albert warned me that the deliveries from Dearborn to Iowa were a nightmare, and I hate to admit it that he's been right.

So close, yet so far away, is where many of us are. That last (300) "mile" is a weak link for some of these deliveries.

Sponsored

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Mine was sitting outside of Chicago from early in the morning on 12/30 until yesterday, when it, along with the other 6 trucks waiting to make their way to Granger, Iowa (about 5 hours away) magically appeared in Kansas City, about 3 hours south of Granger, Iowa. Talk about taking the long way to Iowa! Albert warned me that the deliveries from Dearborn to Iowa were a nightmare, and I hate to admit it that he's been right.

So close, yet so far away, is where many of us are. That last (300) "mile" is a weak link for some of these deliveries.
Well at least it's inching closer for you Karl! Sounds like we may both hit the same week are very close to it. (y)

brnt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Lariat

I've spent a couple of months watching currybob updates. I'm almost as excited for his to arrive as mine ... amost ;)

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I've spent a couple of months watching currybob updates. I'm almost as excited for his to arrive as mine ... amost ;)
Thank you for that! I'm pretty excited too. ?

I do hope I have help others here as much as I have been helped, plus misery enjoys company.:sneaky:

Madman

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3 Ford Explorers
Occupation
Engineer
Thank you! I ordered on 11/30 and was told by dealer end of January, but would be surprised if I received in January. Got the carbonized grey and most upgrades for the Platinum. Wish I could get black rims though; they don't offer on Plat build.
Congratulations, Longbow!

I recently ordered a Platty (jargon learned on this Forum!) and definitely agree with you on the wish for dark wheels. Those available on the Lariat are sharper IMHO. I may go for after-market wheels down the road.

longbow42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A8L, Ford F150 Platinum PowerBoost
Congratulations, Longbow!

I recently ordered a Platty (jargon learned on this Forum!) and definitely agree with you on the wish for dark wheels. Those available on the Lariat are sharper IMHO. I may go for after-market wheels down the road.
That or you can also get them powder coated.

Sponsored

longbow42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A8L, Ford F150 Platinum PowerBoost
Powder coated? Please explain. This is new to me. I am intrigued ...
A lot of high end auto upgrade shops will powder coat rims. This is very durable and attaches very even across the surfaces. Google it to learn more. Costs are around $150-200 per wheel.

Aaron34

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Platinum PB (on order 1/3/23)
Occupation
Aircraft Dispatcher
If Ford pulls orders on Thursdays, when’s a reasonable time to inquire with my dealer on if mine was pulled or not? Would they know on Friday morning? Or sooner than that?

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
If Ford pulls orders on Thursdays, when’s a reasonable time to inquire with my dealer on if mine was pulled or not? Would they know on Friday morning? Or sooner than that?
Most of them will be some time Friday.

Dan M.

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 KR SQ 4X4 PB
Occupation
Retired Army
I submitted and signed my order with my dealer this morning. It was hard for me to make a decision between the King Ranch and Platinum but the interior of the KR won me over. I’m old school so the chrome on the KR was a must have and I really liked the Smoked Quartz. . Now I need to be patient and just wait.
Sponsored